Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Evironmentally Friendly Power Plant Defeated by Environmentalists

Once again I give you a peek into the psyche of Californians:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MN4T19OTBJ.DTL

Oakland's BrightSource Energy Inc. said this week that it has scrapped a controversial plan to build a major solar thermal power plant in eastern Mojave Desert wilderness that Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein wants to transform into a national monument.

The announcement ended a long-running dispute between backers of renewable energy and environmentalists strongly opposed to the idea of creating an industrial zone within 600,000 acres of former railroad lands that had been donated to the Department of Interior for conservation.

The acrimony even triggered a nasty public squabble between Robert Kennedy Jr., a senior adviser at VantagePoint Venture Partners, which raised $160 million for BrightSource, and David Myers, executive director of the Wildlands Conservancy, which raised $40 million to buy the railroad lands and protect them from development.

Just unreal.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

No comment because big argument will ensue. But I agree, Californian politicians are about as bleeding heart as they get, even in the face of common good vs. a political agenda. Fuck Feinstein!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't want huge portions of California's marvelous, ethereal Mojave turned into an ocean of PV panels.

FYI, there is *no such thing* as an environmentally friendly power plant. It's all corporate greenwashing.

Actually I take that back. The sun shines on the soil, plants photosynthesize, we eat the plants for energy. That is the *only* environmentally friendly power plant.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Ah, but the product that is our waste after we eat it.....sigh. Guess I'll go slit my wrists the long way.

Jan, you're a fuckin nutter with a girl name.

The bottom line.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You think excrement is bad for the environment in its natural state, with a sustainable population?

Oooooooo, I have a girl's name. I'm quaking in my ankle socks. I've only been hearing that one since...um...first grade. But at least back then they had the mental capacity and decency to present it in a nuanced way!

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx View Post
    You think excrement is bad for the environment in its natural state, with a sustainable population?

Oooooooo, I have a girl's name. I'm quaking in my ankle socks. I've only been hearing that one since...um...first grade. But at least back then they had the mental capacity and decency to present it in a nuanced way!
    Sweetheart, have you ever heard the maxim you attract more flies with honey? If you wouldn't antagonize people, they wouldn't antagonize you back and maybe you'd actually make a point that would change someone's opinion. I agree with many of your sentiments, but your behavior here is making me want to reconsider. Please tone it down a notch or two. Thank you.

LV

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I guess were heading back to the horse and buggie days. Great. Most people want energy, but no one wants it generated in their back yard.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I appreciate the feedback. Honest. But where's the chastisement for seen, very maturely I might add, calling me a "fuckin [sic] nutter with a girl [sic] name"?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    So I guess were heading back to the horse and buggie days. Great. Most people want energy, but no one wants it generated in their back yard.
    NIMBY--not in my backyard!

The solar panels--about 400 sq. feet of them--where I live are right in front of my cabin. I don't mind them at all.

New word--YIMFBY--yes in my fucking back yard! (or front, as it were)

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I appreciate the feedback. Honest. But where's the chastisement for seen, very maturely I might add, calling me a "fuckin [sic] nutter with a girl [sic] name"?
    Seen is a mod and as such it isn't my place to chastise, that would be for another mod to do so. However, I also understand that it really isn't my place to chastise you, and I was trying very hard not to, I instead attempted to be polite and appeal to you being an adult who understands when someone is doing so.

LV

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Arizona has plenty of desert for power plants. It's just the government here wants so much tax from it that they don't build them here. There's plenty of desert in AZ, Nevada, Utah.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NIMBY--not in my backyard!

The solar panels--about 400 sq. feet of them--where I live are right in front of my cabin. I don't mind them at all.

New word--YIMFBY--yes in my fucking back yard! (or front, as it were)
    Going forward, I would be open to solar power on my next home. If I can intigrate it into the structure and I can afford it, I'd do it. I would hope it would make a difference, but how many could actually afford this? Here we go again with another government giveaway....

Jan, it's all about being reasonable. That's all.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lacy_vious View Post
    Seen is a mod and as such it isn't my place to chastise, that would be for another mod to do so. However, I also understand that it really isn't my place to chastise you, and I was trying very hard not to, I instead attempted to be polite and appeal to you being an adult who understands when someone is doing so.

LV
    Nobody is EVER going to chastise seen for picking on me. He (somewhat) recently had the decency to own up to being too hard on me through PM. (and then blithely carried right on being the same way) As Jack once said, "Maybe this is as good as it gets."

You were VERY polite, and I appreciate that VERY much. I think you just proved your own adage. Your one sweet, polite post probably will have more of an effect on me than a thousand douchey ones. Thank you.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    Going forward, I would be open to solar power on my next home. If I can intigrate it into the structure and I can afford it, I'd do it. I would hope it would make a difference, but how many could actually afford this? Here we go again with another government giveaway....

Jan, it's all about being reasonable. That's all.
    I'd much rather have solar panels on roofs across the west than giant PV plantations in the desert. Centralizing the energy source like that is just asking for trouble.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

I'm thinking of putting a nuclear power plant in my back yard...or maybe a coal burning plant, I haven't decided yet. It's on my agenda, right after I finish building my back deck.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter