Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Deregulated electricity states

Deregulated electricity means that the energy consumers in these states can pick among multiple retail electric providers to buy their energy instead of just one monopoly company.

Has anyone made the jump from their original provider to any of the new alternative offerings in their respective State?

http://www.electricitybid.com/electr...es-in-the-usa/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've made the switch to deregulated energy--primarily solar electricity, plus propane fridge/stovetop
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Deregulated electricity means that the energy consumers in these states can pick among multiple retail electric providers to buy their energy instead of just one monopoly company.

Has anyone made the jump from their original provider to any of the new alternative offerings in their respective State?

http://www.electricitybid.com/electr...es-in-the-usa/
    The deregulated energy companies here are just as bad if not worse than the evil monopoly company here in Houston.

LV

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lacy_vious View Post
    The deregulated energy companies here are just as bad if not worse than the evil monopoly company here in Houston.

LV
    Word.

Like I said in another thread, it's the same ole same ole with a dash of smart greenwashing.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx View Post
    Word.

Like I said in another thread, it's the same ole same ole with a dash of smart greenwashing.
    You know, I would pay one of the "greener" companies more money for wind energy, etc if it weren't so expensive. I understand you are attempting a greener off the grid lifestyle. (I could help but see that in the other threads, seeing as how there is basically a war of words going on between you and several others.) I can't afford monetarily to be as green as I would like to be. Energy efficient appliances, light bulbs, greener cleaning stuff, even cleaner energy costs an arm an a leg more than the non green items, and it just isn't feasible for me to spend that sort of money. Yes, I understand in the long run it saves money, etc, but the start up costs are astronomical. The reason you lessening your carbon foot print has no effect is because the cost for everyone else in the world to do the same is too much for them to afford.

LV

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And what if we do all this stuff, but right across the border they do nothing. Can we really stop this and reverse the course we are on. I am starting to think it may not be possible. What about fucking China? California got rid of a cement plant and now they import that cement from Mexico where the regulation is much worse. What the fuck have we gained?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't lessen my "carbon footprint" or whatever they're calling it these days because I think it's going to save the world--see the article I posted, "Forget Shorter Showers."

I know what you're talking about. Money talks, unfortunately, and if you can't afford it, you can't afford it and that's okay. Right now I'm disabled with a horrible immune disease that it just making me absolutely miserable every day, been waiting SEVEN months for a disability decision; I had to leave my job almost a year ago now. I can't afford to get my own car. The only way I can drive is by using my mom's pickup truck, which gets absolute SHIT mileage. But I can't afford anything else. Can't exactly walk or bike with knees that are fucked beyond belief. It's my only choice right now. So I try not to feel too bad about it, and you shouldn't either.

Funny thing though--I took the off-the-grid cabin deal primarily for economic reasons! My friend owns the land and is allowing me to rent the place at about 3/5 the price it's worth. Otherwise I'd still probably be up in the mountains at my stepdad's cabin using loads of energy trying not to freeze my balls off in the snow (during the winter, obviously)

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    And what if we do all this stuff, but right across the border they do nothing. Can we really stop this and reverse the course we are on. I am starting to think it may not be possible. What about fucking China? California got rid of a cement plant and now they import that cement from Mexico where the regulation is much worse. What the fuck have we gained?
    That's a really, really good point. You make a legit case for keeping jobs here, not exporting them, and regulating the hell out of them environmentally/socially. This is a very good reason to be violently opposed to NAFTA.

pal1800, you also have to consider that America as a nation is essentially the world's cool kid at school--where we go, so goes the world, generally speaking. California especially.

Ultimately my views are so radical (radical descends from the latin for "root") that I'm probably not going to see my utopia unless shit collapses and eventually equilibrium evens things out. However, there's bad and there's hide in my cabin clutching a 12-gauge bad, and I'd prefer the former.
    Last edited by janthraxx; 09.22.09 at 09:33 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

I believe climate change is all political bullshit. Emission standards are fine, but we're way past the toxic smokestacks of the 70's, they're long gone.

To anyone with their eyes open, it's as plain as the nose on your face.

In the weeks preceeding Earth Day this year, we were inundated with commercials, especially on NBC, for newer light bulbs and furthering of the green, alternative energy agenda. Connecting of the dots, shows that NBC is owned by GE, the largest "green" bulb manufacturer in the world. And they are also the largest producer of wind turbine engines on the planet, as well.

Something smells fishy to me.

Not only is GE in bed with Obama, they take turns spooning each other.

Didn't it seem strange to anyone else that on the same day that Obama announced he was scrapping the Missle Defence system in Europe, per Putin's request, that GE and Putin announce the start of negotiations to bring GE products to Mother Russia? Hmmmmmmm........

The blatant corruption in our own government, from both sides of the isle, is disgusting. So much for Obama's campaign promises to do away with policy writing based on special interest and lobbyists.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lodewijk View Post
    I believe climate change is all political bullshit. Emission standards are fine, but we're way past the toxic smokestacks of the 70's, they're long gone.

To anyone with their eyes open, it's as plain as the nose on your face.

In the weeks preceeding Earth Day this year, we were inundated with commercials, especially on NBC, for newer light bulbs and furthering of the green, alternative energy agenda. Connecting of the dots, shows that NBC is owned by GE, the largest "green" bulb manufacturer in the world. And they are also the largest producer of wind turbine engines on the planet, as well.

Something smells fishy to me.

Not only is GE in bed with Obama, they take turns spooning each other.

Didn't it seem strange to anyone else that on the same day that Obama announced he was scrapping the Missle Defence system in Europe, per Putin's request, that GE and Putin announce the start of negotiations to bring GE products to Mother Russia? Hmmmmmmm........

The blatant corruption in our own government, from both sides of the isle, is disgusting. So much for Obama's campaign promises to do away with policy writing based on special interest and lobbyists.
    I'll leave the rest alone and concentrate on those first two sentences....many of today's vehicles are putting air out that is cleaner than a vehicle in the 70's would be taking in!
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lodewijk View Post
    I believe climate change is all political bullshit.
    Just tell me one thing: Do you really think that the greenhouse effect is a fabricated lie?

Emission standards are fine, but we're way past the toxic smokestacks of the 70's, they're long gone.
    And guess where they went? China. The air in Beijing is so toxic that thousands of residents wear face masks when they go outside. Several of the biggest factories/smokestacks in the area were shut down the weeks leading up to the Olympics so the air wouldn't be quite as filthy and toxic. Still, many athletes wanted to wear oxygen masks; their coaches staunchly prohibited them from it, though, so as not to garner bad PR.

Just because the Cuyahoga River ain't catching fire anymore doesn't mean the smokestacks don't exist. They just shut down the ones here and built bigger, meaner ones in China, Indonesia, South America, etc. Sure America's skies are cleaner as a result. But the entire Earth is connected in one giant, intricate, unfathomably complex web of life. And just because they're in China instead of here does not mean we're not effected by it. You may not care about them chinamen, but it's gonna get to your kids and grandkids whether you believe in it or not.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Well....................... Alrighty then...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:59 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

But then that becomes the issue - they aren't here. We can yell at the Chinese and Indians and any other country all we want and lecture them on what they are doing to the envirnment, but if they don't care, what other options do we have? Start a war for the environment? I hope not!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    but if they don't care, what other options do we have? Start a war for the environment? I hope not!
    No only Domestic Pussies on their own democratic land, against their democratic own governement would do such an act...

If these environmental activists had any balls, they'd go overseas... But they won't...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

There ARE environmental activists in those places, they just have a lot tougher time. As repressive politically as this government may be, it's not nearly as bad at the moment as commie China.