Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Soldier Mom Beaten in front of Daughter

...by some mullet-headed redneck at a Georgia Cracker Barrel

I think we found one of the guys Jimmy Carter was talking about:

Police said an investigation revealed that the female victim, identified as Tasha Hill, was entering the Cracker Barrel with her 7-year-old daughter as West was leaving the restaurant. As West was leaving, the exit door came close to striking the 7-year-old daughter of the victim, police said. Hill, by all witness accounts, politely asked West to be careful, officials said.
    "The man slung open the door pretty hard and fast and I had to push my daughter out of the way. I turned to the man and I just said, 'Excuse me sir, you need to watch yourself you almost hit my daughter in the face.' And from there it just went downhill," said Hill.

At that point, West became enraged and began to beat the victim in front of her 7-year-old daughter, according to police. Hill said she told West she was an Army servicemember and she did not want any trouble.

Full Story at this link:
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20940073/detail.html

The "Most Popular" headlines are um... interesting.

Naked Motorcyclist stopped, arrested on I-75
    Police: Teen Hugs Mother, Stabs Her In Back
    Grandfather Gets Life; Killed 6-Year-Old Over Watermelon

On Fire
    Last Online

10.06.17 @ 09:49 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts

In my neck of the woods we don't think very highly of President Carter and his performance as a President. Though President Obama is held in high regard by many including myself.

This story is very unfortunate but as a foreigner who has traveled the US extensively I can say that I truly believe that the United States us one of the most welcoming and open minded countries I have ever been to. For every one of these a-holes there are thousands of open minded and caring people and I can give you many stories about how this has been proven to me on many occasions.

Anybody who thinks that racism is a major problem in the US should travel more around Europe, Africa and Asia and they will see institutional racism much more horrific than an assault by a violent man such as this.

I am not so naive to think that racism doesnt exist in the US, of course it does. But one of the most important aspects about racism in the US is that it has been prohibited emphatically and extensively by the law, which is more than I can say for many other countries in the world, including my own.

This sets the US apart from may places in the world and its a shame that many Americans take this for granted.
    Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Racial hatred builds up and then it comes out in an explosion. It wasn't just this one incident that probably set this guy off, its the totality of the racial situation, specifically between blacks and whites. It is at Critical Mass. I hope we can find a peaceful way out of this situation, but issues on both sides continue to fan the flames of hatred and violence.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

There were many witnesses to assist police, but no one stepped up to defend this woman while she was getting her head beat in? In fairness, perhaps it happened to fast before anyone could do anything.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

And you're right, Vic, this one is just as Bizarre, and sad

Grandfather Gets Life; Killed 6-Year-Old Over Watermelon

Posted: 10:07 am EDT September 15, 2009Updated: 10:19 am EDT September 15, 2009
    COMMERCE, Ga. -- A Commerce man faces life in prison after pleading guilty to fatally shooting his 6-year-old grandson as the family was preparing to go on a Sunday afternoon picnic.

Robert L. "Bobby" Clark Jr. killed his stepgrandson, Michael Levigne, and shot his wife, Linda Clark, several times in the abdomen at the couple's home on June 7. Relatives say Clark became enraged after his wife accused him of taking a piece of watermelon meant for the picnic.

After the couple argued, Clark got his gun from the bedroom and killed the boy. Linda Clark was critically injured when she stepped in front of Michael's 5-year-old brother to protect him.

Robert Clark pleaded guilty to malice murder, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and aggravated battery.

He could have faced the death penalty at trial.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

That is just sickening.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

The mood for the day is ruined.
    Little Dreamer

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"This case has been referred to the FBI Civil Rights Division for a possible violation of Federal Hate Crime Laws."

This was brought up in an older thread at one time, but WHAT are the chances of the above happening IF this was an attack on a white woman by someone of ANY other race? My guess, slim to none...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    "This case has been referred to the FBI Civil Rights Division for a possible violation of Federal Hate Crime Laws."

This was brought up in an older thread at one time, but WHAT are the chances of the above happening IF this was an attack on a white woman by someone of ANY other race? My guess, slim to none...
    Yep. That's how it works these days. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is it with you and race, voivod? Do you have some kind of repressed racial issues?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wray View Post
    What is it with you and race, voivod? Do you have some kind of repressed racial issues?
    Nope... Regardless of what you wish to believe...

Just seems "race" is being tossed around as a knee-jerk cop-out excuse for many people's actions/attitudes way too much of late because of the President MANY of us voted for...

For the record, I'm a Republican who voted for Obama...
    Last edited by voivod; 09.17.09 at 05:41 AM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

every crime is a hate crime. Can't think of a single "crime of love"

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I can!! But that's reserved for the "When's The Last Time You Got Laid" thread.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

Yep. Never agreed with or understood hate crime legislation. If I shoot someone at random on the street because he cut me off in traffic; or if I shoot him right before I call him a racial slur. What is the difference? It just feels like "feel good" legislation to me. Doing something like that to another human being is wrong, regardless if the motivation is based on skin color, religion, or if the guy is banging someone's wife.

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nope... Regardless of what you wish to believe...

Just seems "race" is being tossed around as a knee-jerk cop-out excuse for many people's actions/attitudes way too much of late because of the President MANY of us voted for...
    Yeah, because there's no possible way that this had anything to do with race, right?

Exaggerating the problem of racial issues definitely never helps anything, but ignoring the problem and acting like it doesn't exist is flat-out irresponsible and only worsens a very serious problem.