Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Jimmy Carter plays the Race Card regarding Obama's issues...

From NBC's Mark Murray
    In an interview with NBC's Brian Williams, former Democratic President Jimmy Carter attributed much of the conservative opposition that President Obama is receiving to the issue of race.

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man," Carter said. "I live in the South, and I've seen the South come a long way, and I've seen the rest of the country that share the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time, particularly African Americans."

Carter continued, "And that racism inclination still exists. And I think it's bubbled up to the surface because of the belief among many white people, not just in the South but around the country, that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It's an abominable circumstance, and it grieves me and concerns me very deeply."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...67107#32867107
    Last edited by voivod; 09.15.09 at 06:55 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Good Enough Tropical Storm Tracey's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Do I really have to pick???
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

11.18.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    From NBC's Mark Murray
    In an interview with NBC's Brian Williams, former Democratic President Jimmy Carter attributed much of the conservative opposition that President Obama is receiving to the issue of race.

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man," Carter said. "I live in the South, and I've seen the South come a long way, and I've seen the rest of the country that share the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time, particularly African Americans."

Carter continued, "And that racism inclination still exists. And I think it's bubbled up to the surface because of the belief among many white people, not just in the South but around the country, that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It's an abominable circumstance, and it grieves me and concerns me very deeply."

This is crap! If that were truly the case he would have never been elected in the first place.

TST<---------- ---------------------

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Storm Tracey View Post
    This is crap! If that were truly the case he would have never been elected in the first place.

exactly....
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, he's obviously not talking about the President's supporters, gents.

Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    From NBC's Mark Murray

Jimmy Carter should shut up! That is the typical argument of the left. Can't answer the serious policy questions? No problem, we'll attack the argument itself and throw in the race card. This is bullshit partisan politics at its lowest.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

Premium Member

I believe, from what I've been hearing, not everyone who supported him in the election is exactly supporting some of his decisions now.

Has nothing to do with race.

TST<---------------------------

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Saying that it has nothing to do with race is quite a complacent attitude, TST. First of all, how do you know? Just because it's not about race with you doesn't mean it might not be for others.

Is Carter's statement correct? I don't know. It might be and just as well may not be; racism in today's society isn't exactly something you can put a measurement on and it manifests itself in different ways nowadays. I do know this, however: If you don't think racism is still alive and well in this country, you're out of touch with reality.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Someone who loves Jimmy Carter should encourage him to refrain from speaking in public regarding national affairs. His advanced age is telling on him, and I just don't think the man understands exactly what it is he is talking about.

Once again, if you disagree with or question this administration, you are called a racist, or mocked as being unworthy of being heard, based on the left's version of recent history. Which falls pitifully short of....."change".

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:48 AM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

from an outsider's perspective, I do think that some of the criticism has been aimed at Obama because of his race. That said, I think that most of those critical of the president aren't against Obama because of his colour but because of his ideas.

Is there a lunatic racist fringe out there? Of course there is. To deny that would be foolish. Racism is alive and well in the world, there's no reason to think that it would be absent in this situation. Hell, when I was in Vegas recently I had a cab driver tell me that he hates Obama because he's a ******. I don't think he's alone in that opinion. I'd like to think that those who hate him because of his skin colour are part of the protests. How big a part, I don't know. Not sure if anyone really does but they are a part.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:48 AM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

49% of the voters could be in the Klan and he could still get elected. Don't think the results prove that racism is dead.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wray View Post
    Saying that it has nothing to do with race is quite a complacent attitude, TST. First of all, how do you know? Just because it's not about race with you doesn't mean it might not be for others.

Is Carter's statement correct? I don't know. It might be and just as well may not be; racism in today's society isn't exactly something you can put a measurement on and it manifests itself in different ways nowadays. I do know this, however: If you don't think racism is still alive and well in this country, you're out of touch with reality.
    I live in the south Wray, racism is very much alive and well down here as I well know. It's also alive up north as well in several areas. If it was as rampant as you suggest however, he would never have been elected as I said above. Sadly, there are reasons it is still alive and well especially down here. I am very much not a racist. For me it's all about the "cradle to the grave" sense of entitlement down here. The facts are that most of the people who abuse this system here are black. There are some whites, mexicans and others lumped into this but most of them are black. That's just the truth.

The point that Wilson was making was about illegals being covered by this health care plan. I hardly see that as racism. I believe that was what Pres. Carter was referring to. Unless, he was calling all Republicans racist like the rest of the left. So is this why President Obama is catching all this flack? Because we're all racists? Even people who supported him in getting elected who don't support all his plans? That's a broad, blanket statement...which is also a lie...

TST<-------------------------

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

Premium Member

Ok, you know what. I just watched that clip above and it was a little different than what I saw earlier. He was talking about all the demonstrators not Wilson. My bad.

Still don't think it's all about race but I'm certain some of it is with some of the demonstrators. I do however, think most of it is because of his ideas not the color of his skin. At least it is for me.

TST<-------------- ----------sorry if I misunderstood------

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If it was as rampant as you suggest however, he would never have been elected as I said above.
    Point out where I asserted that it was so "rampant." I actually made a specific point that racism today isn't something that you can measure, so to speak.

So is this why President Obama is catching all this flack? Because we're all racists? Even people who supported him in getting elected who don't support all his plans? That's a broad, blanket statement...which is also a lie...
    You're right. If that's what President Carter means by his comment, then it's definitely a very broad brush he's painting with and I would easily call it irrational and ridiculous. But that still doesn't mean that there's not some truth in the statement. Just because he's exaggerating it doesn't change that fact.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wray View Post
    Point out where I asserted that it was so "rampant." I actually made a specific point that racism today isn't something that you can measure, so to speak.

You're right. If that's what President Carter means by his comment, then it's definitely a very broad brush he's painting with and I would easily call it irrational and ridiculous. But that still doesn't mean that there's not some truth in the statement. Just because he's exaggerating it doesn't change that fact.
    God Wray, don't be so sensitive. I wasn't slamming you. You just enjoy picking me apart too much.

See my second post. We are not in disagreement here.

TST<------------------ ----------------------

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

God Wray, don't be so sensitive. I wasn't slamming you
    Sensitive about what? I didn't take it as a slam...