Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.27.16 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Phoenix Also Being Filmed

According to Chickenfoot's Facebook page....

"Phoenix being filmed! As the band moves closer to the end of this tour, there's another night being captured for possible use on a future DVD release. So on Wed the 23rd, all of you in Phoenix stomp your feet down for the Foot and see if you can show up Atlanta!"

Last Online

12.17.09 @ 01:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chet Dakota View Post
    According to Chickenfoot's Facebook page....

"Phoenix being filmed! As the band moves closer to the end of this tour, there's another night being captured for possible use on a future DVD release. So on Wed the 23rd, all of you in Phoenix stomp your feet down for the Foot and see if you can show up Atlanta!"

I hope that show goes better than the one I just saw in Grand Junction, CO.
    Maybe they were just off that night but Sammy's voice wasn't good and from where I was Mikey's bass sounded horrible.

Anyway here's to a better Phoenix show!

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:32 PM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

Default Not surprised

The Atlanta show was good from a performance standpoint but I wouldn't say it was anything special. My wife even commented that she was surprised that the crowd wasn't more energetic for the Atlanta show.

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr5115 View Post
    The Atlanta show was good from a performance standpoint but I wouldn't say it was anything special. My wife even commented that she was surprised that the crowd wasn't more energetic for the Atlanta show.
    Absolutely, I've been to several different CF shows in several cities and Atlanta was by far and away the flattest crowd. I wouldn't doubt if that's why they are filming another one. The performance in Atlanta was awesome though. The jam at the end of Future in the Past was so outrageous!!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Can't wait for the dvd to come out. Definitely looking forward to the views.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.24.13 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm going to do what I can to bring the noise.

By the way, the announcement freaked me out a little. I bit the bullet and bought the backstage thing for my wife and me. After hearing the news about filming, I had this awful feeling they'd turn the floor into general admission. I bought those tickets specifically to have seats up front (not that I plan on sitting, mind you, but I'm well past the age of wrestling sweaty strangers for a good view of the stage.)

Made a quick call to the theater and the ticket lady said no worries, the seats are staying.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

Chickenfoot needs to come back to Philly if they want an energetic and loud crowd...

Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.15.11 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by te5150 View Post
    I'm going to do what I can to bring the noise.

By the way, the announcement freaked me out a little. I bit the bullet and bought the backstage thing for my wife and me. After hearing the news about filming, I had this awful feeling they'd turn the floor into general admission. I bought those tickets specifically to have seats up front (not that I plan on sitting, mind you, but I'm well past the age of wrestling sweaty strangers for a good view of the stage.)

Made a quick call to the theater and the ticket lady said no worries, the seats are staying.
    Thanks for posting this! I was so worried they were gonna turn the pit into GA; very glad to hear that the seats are staying. I'm not doing the backstage thingy but I do have a seat up front and only bought PIT seats because it wasn't GA.....

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

I never saw a roll call thread for Phoenix - was probably gonna head over to Jackson's on Third or Alice Cooperstown pre show (didn't get the backstage extravaganza this time). Any plans out there for the pre-show?
    Nothing to see here.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

10.06.17 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts

Just got back. Fuckin badass show. We were in Row 15. Typical setlist I assume:

Avenida Revolucion
    Sexy Little Thing (Personal favorite)
    Soap On A Rope
    My Kinda Girl
    Down The Drain
    Bitten By The Wolf
    Oh Yeah
    Passed Out??
    Learning To Fall
    Get It Up
    Immigrant Song Jam
    Turnin’ Left
    Future In The Past
    Encore:
    Bad Motor Scooter
    My Generation Jam

Damn Chad can chuck those sticks pretty far. He was throwing them out all night. One of them hit some guy on the head in front of me and he fell down holding his head. I couldn't tell if he was bleeding or not but he looked like he was in pain.
    Everyone was fuckin' on fire though. Sammy, Joe, Chad, And Mike. I can't believe they are in their 50's - 60's. They all look and are playing great with shit tons of energy. Especially Sammy being almost 62 now. Anyway, it was a great show and I definitly look forward to getting the DVD.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.24.13 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Holy shit. Loud and good. Satriani is crazy talented. Chad Smith is a crazy beast. Sammy has the rock voice of someone 40 years younger. And Michael Anthony ... Well, him and I go way back, like a full two hours before the show.

Before we went in for the backstage tour and whatnot, the dude from Live Nation has a few items from the band to give away. All of our wristbands are numbered. My number gets pulled and I win Michael Anthony’s bass strings from the previous concert. Cool, right? It gets better.

We get inside and the Live Nation guy informs us that since the band is being filmed for a concert DVD, the schedule’s all goofed up and we get to sit in on the sound check. So our group of 30 are the only people in the place (other than crew) watching and listening to the boys tear through some jams to set the sound – very fucking cool. It gets better.

The Live Nation guy splits the group in half for the backstage tour and reminds us AGAIN this is NOT a meet-and-greet. We will not be seeing the band members. My wife and I are in the second group waiting for the first set of people to come back. They do, and they’re all smiling cuz Michael Anthony popped out and said hello. I’m thinking, shit, we won’t be so lucky.

Our group goes down and the guy starts pointing out the wardrobe and the cables and whatnot. Then Michael Anthony comes out of his dressing room and says, “What are all you guys doing here?” Right away it’s handshakes and slaps on the back. Everyone’s jumping up for a photo. The best non meet-and-greet ever. I tell Mikey (we’re buds. I call him that), “Hey, I won a set of your bass strings.” He says, “Really? Let me see.” I hand ‘em over and he jokingly says, “I’ve never seen these in my life.” Then he grabs a pen and autographs the envelope they’re in with, “My strings! Michael Anthony.” Too cool. It gets better.

Michael scoots away and we tour Sammy and Joe’s dressing room (rock star life is unbelievable, by the way). We return to the hall and Michael Anthony’s back, chatting with folks. He then walks over, opens a door and there’s Joe Satriani chilling out before the gig. He doesn’t interact but gives us a wave and a, “Hey! Enjoy the show!” Then from another door, Chad Smith walks out. The guy’s TALL. He grabs a pair of pants from his wardrobe and someone asks about his inseam (weird question, I know). For some reason this starts a conversation and Chad just kinda hangs with us shootin’ the shit.

Wow. What a night.

Oh, and front row tickets? This was my first time and I highly recommend them.

Best. Concert. Experience. Ever.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.27.16 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by te5150 View Post
    Best. Concert. Experience. Ever.
    That is great. I believe that you re the first Backstage Group to be surprised with a meet and greet. I kept hoping in mine that Mike would show up. All we got was Duggan...LOL!!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

They all sound pretty cool. It seems to me that Joe interacts with fans, but in a different way than the rest of the band. I think he's more of a computer and internet guy than the rest of the band and uses that as his primary way of communicating. Sammy has said that he doesn't touch computers. He made mention that his wife prints out his e-mail for him to read.

Back to Joe, he being different is not really a bad thing. Actually it could be quite good as we've seen with Chickenfoot. I think he had a lot to do with getting the buzz started when Chickenfoot first formed. If you'll notice, his website is very similar to that of Chickenfoot. He's got a spot on Youtube and I'd bet he follows a bunch of related forums. Whether or not he actively participates in them, I have no idea.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

05.28.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow! What a night. My 14yo son and I had 12th row dead center tix. Ive seen sammy 3 times now and this was the best show so far. My ears are still ringing this morning. What a great show! My son is a huge Satch fan so he was just in awe of Joe all night. Mikey seemed a bit off last night, like he was not really into it, which to me was kind of strange. Great setlist, I thought that new short song"passed out" was pretty cool. My son and I waited with about 50 ppl after the show outside the dodge theater because my son really wanted to meet Joe. They all came out of the venue and got into a chevy van, Chad came over and said they wouldn't be signing or doing photos because they had to catch a plane, but he thanked us for coming out. Very classy.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.15.11 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What an AWESOME night; loved it.....................