Register
    Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Floyd Rose Block

Anyone know if an OFR upgrade sustain block will also work on a Mighty Mite Licensed Floyd Rose?

The mighty mite is the kind that looks like the original (not the ping version). I've found them to be great Floyds, even though they are pretty cheap. I'm putting one on an arch top guitar that is WAY thicker than a standard strat, so the stock trem block doesn't even get all the way through to the back so I can hook the springs to it -- it is just too short. I think the 42mm tall block will solve that problem, but I don't know if the screw holes will line up.

Could someone who has a OFR brass upgrade block from Floyd Upgrades please measure the distance between the center of the screw holes in the block so I could compare to my mighty mite floyd's base plate?

Also, if anyone has a 42mm or taller floyd block they are wanting to sell because it doesn't fit whatever trem you have, etc., let me know the hole spacing, and I'd be interested in purchasing it.
    Last edited by mrjstudios; 09.14.09 at 11:12 AM.

Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

01.06.11 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Anyone know if an OFR upgrade sustain block will also work on a Mighty Mite Licensed Floyd Rose?

The mighty mite is the kind that looks like the original (not the ping version). I've found them to be great Floyds, even though they are pretty cheap. I'm putting one on an arch top guitar that is WAY thicker than a standard strat, so the stock trem block doesn't even get all the way through to the back so I can hook the springs to it -- it is just too short. I think the 42mm tall block will solve that problem, but I don't know if the screw holes will line up.

Could someone who has a OFR brass upgrade block from Floyd Upgrades please measure the distance between the center of the screw holes in the block so I could compare to my mighty mite floyd's base plate?

Also, if anyone has a 42mm or taller floyd block they are wanting to sell because it doesn't fit whatever trem you have, etc., let me know the hole spacing, and I'd be interested in purchasing it.
    Ok,there are 3 holes,from center to center of the 2 outer holes is 34 mill,with the center of the middle hole being 17 mill from the center of the first hole Hope this helps.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5150jeff View Post
    Ok,there are 3 holes,from center to center of the 2 outer holes is 34 mill,with the center of the middle hole being 17 mill from the center of the first hole Hope this helps.
    Awesome, that should fit just fine on my Floyd then.

Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

01.06.11 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Awesome, that should fit just fine on my Floyd then.
    Cool,yeah i have a 42m bb i put on my org floyd, so i just measured the holes on the stock block.