Register
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:41 PM
    Liked 283 Times in 151 Posts

Default Whats next for Chickenfoot?

I've been pondering this...with Chad going back to RHCP what do you think will happen with CF in the coming year? I sincerely hope they keep up the momentum somehow, a dvd would definitely help. Also I remember Sammy mentioning trying something like an EP of blues songs, that would be a nice treat for people in between tours and while they're on a little break. What do you fellas think?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.12.11 @ 01:51 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

a dvd will be there, but its gonna take some time before anything new is coming i think, chad is busy with the meatbats as well wich has an album coming out this month.
    there WILL be a 2nd album, im sure of it, but its gonna take some time i think.
    i really hope satch is gonna write some solo stuff in the meantime as well =]

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

I suspect the boys will take a break - well deserved I might add.

Sam will do a solo CD; tour w/ the Wabo's. Mike will join him. Joe will do a solo CD and Chad w/ the meatballs and RHCP.

I suspect that next summer they'll do a bunch of impromptu gigs - feel the chemistry and head back into the studio. A new CD is likely for Summer 2011.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,161 Times in 8,975 Posts

I am just not as confident as everyone else that this is more than a one off.

Everyone but Mike has atleast one other creative outlet, and it might be closer to their heart than Chickenfoot.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:58 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Chad will start a Vodka brand and call it Mosco Wasko. Joe will do a special G-3 tour with all midget guitar players. Sammy is asked to be the frontman in the next version of the reality show Supergroup. Only to find that Eddie,Alex,and Mike have all been hired by the shows producers too.When Dave finds out he demands to be the co-front man but only if the name of the band is Mammoth when Mark Stone finds this out he demands to be in on this thing too.They both are told you can't be in 2 bands at one time. During filming Dr Phil is hired to moderate the sessions and finally straighten things out that have been simmering for decades.The whole thing is then turned into an animated episode of Family Guy and wins an emmy. Then Chickenfoot goes out again and plays sheds.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.05.10 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Joe will do a special G-3 tour with all midget guitar players.
    Haha!!

He's gotta book Neal Schon for that one.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post

Everyone but Mike has atleast one other creative outlet, and it might be closer to their heart than Chickenfoot.
    Joe has, in so many words, said that his solo gig would come up when and if there was time for it (If Chickenfoot becomes BIG).

Sammy has already said that Chickenfoot has given him new life as an artists. Where without Chickenfoot he'd be slowing down considerably.

Chad is the only one who has a 2nd gig that CAN NOT be turned down. The RHCP.

So, I wouldn't be as unconfident as you are being right now, D'sD. But to each their own. I see where you're coming from for sure.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    Joe has, in so many words, said that his solo gig would come up when and if there was time for it (If Chickenfoot becomes BIG).

Sammy has already said that Chickenfoot has given him new life as an artists. Where without Chickenfoot he'd be slowing down considerably.

Chad is the only one who has a 2nd gig that CAN NOT be turned down. The RHCP.

So, I wouldn't be as unconfident as you are being right now, D'sD. But to each their own. I see where you're coming from for sure.
    To a certain degree I take the comments sam and joe have made about Chickenfoot with a grain of salt...like pillow talk and Ed's "he's my brother comments." I would never expect someone in their shoes to say "yeah, there might be another record. Chances are this won't be a huge hit and in that case there won't be much reason to forward with it. I plan on going back to my solo career so it's a matter of 'we'll see.'"

I fully expect them to say that Chickenfoot is the culmination of their years in the business and that it is taking full priority. Anything less and they're not doing much to sell the project to the people.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that this becomes a permanent side project for these guys though. Every couple years they get together and do what they're doing now. They seem, based on the clips and what not, to dig this gig and each other and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they all do their own thing and the come back and do chickenfoot...like a working vacation from their day jobs.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I'd rather hear new Chickenfoot than anything else these guys have to do otherwise. That's not a dig on any of their other projects; I just think Chickenfoot is so much more fun and interesting than what these guys have done with their respective other projects in recent years (the Red Hot Chili Peppers especially--I was really hoping the band would be done).

New Chickenfoot CD in late-2010 would be awesome.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    I'd rather hear new Chickenfoot than anything else these guys have to do otherwise. That's not a dig on any of their other projects; I just think Chickenfoot is so much more fun and interesting than what these guys have done with their respective other projects in recent years (the Red Hot Chili Peppers especially--I was really hoping the band would be done).

New Chickenfoot CD in late-2010 would be awesome.
    I agree. I've never gotten into the instrumental rock stuff, the chili peppers are super lame these past couple records and hagars travelling beach party thing isn't my thing. I would definitely give a second chickenfoot record a shot. There's enough good stuff on this record that a second record will absolute deserve a looksee!
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post

I enjoy the CF cd and loved the show. I would like to see more but I agree with you. I'm not ruling it out but not sure I'm confident after time passes that they will pick it up again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Well these guys were here over the weekend and in his interview, Mr. Chad did say that once he gets things taken care of with RCHP then CF would be back in action next summer. Sounds like they want to keep it going.

Here's to hopin.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc View Post
    Well these guys were here over the weekend and in his interview, Mr. Chad did say that once he gets things taken care of with RCHP then CF would be back in action next summer. Sounds like they want to keep it going.

Here's to hopin.
    If Chad keeps saying that CF will be back in 2010. Maybe RHCP's aren't as READY as we believe. Maybe they are looking to tour in 2011. Record an album in 2010 then tour on it in 2011.

Or maybe they are done. I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be disapointed.

I WOULD however be disappointed if Joe NEVER went back to his solo career. Sure seeing him in CF is AMAZING. But to never hear those songs live from him would be a damn shame. But Joe is the QUINTESSENTIAL instrumental guitar player.

Know who has been nominated for the MOST Grammy's without winning?

Take a guess.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm hoping for at least one more record. But, with Sammy's age, he will be 62 soon, how long can he go on realistically?

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 1,035 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    I'm hoping for at least one more record. But, with Sammy's age, he will be 62 soon, how long can he go on realistically?
    In a Chickenfoot related interview, Sammy said that he hoped to get 10 more years of music out of his body. I saw Chuck Berry when he 74 and he still sounded great so you never know.