Save
Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 337380818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1294
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 4,046 Times in 2,567 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    Lol. I haven't toked in almost 30 years, but I'm as liberal as they come when it comes to weed. You sure you didn't do some shrooms? Sounds like you were tripping with the Brady's.
    Lol yeah he mustíve quaffed an uber potent gummy bear. Some bears are stronger than others.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 2,300 Times in 1,546 Posts

Sounds like Bryce needs to pick up that 38 disc Woodstock set!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 11:22 PM
    Liked 4,106 Times in 2,566 Posts

Yowzers! Sounds like a bad trip without the hallucinations.
    Glad you made it, Brett.

Everyone is right. The edible stuff can be very potent. Especially, to someone who hasn't used any for a long time.
    Sounds like whatever you do it might just make you anxious all the time now. Definitely, take it slow next time. Even when you smoke it. Just take a hit and see what happens. Not a bong hit either.

I've tried some edibles a few times. Not for pain. They don't do much for me except make me tired. Not crazy about the high I get from them. It's like a heavy pain killer high, sometimes. I don't like being a zombie.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 04:01 AM
    Liked 16,570 Times in 7,288 Posts

Yeah I donít want to be a zombie. But I do want to sleep well.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 11:22 PM
    Liked 4,106 Times in 2,566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Yeah I donít want to be a zombie. But I do want to sleep well.
    LOL. I hear ya. With a smaller amount it woulda probably been a gradual sleepy effect.

Last Online

Donor

Edibles, taken correctly, are more of a lucid body high.

Itís leaf that zaps the brain.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 2,891 Times in 1,805 Posts

Premium Member

Yeah she got the vape thing too. Sheís trying a bunch of stuff to see what works best.

Itís not a secret my wife has it, our daughter knows. Itís for medicinal purposes and she understands that. The shit my wife takes is 1000 times worse than weed anyway.
    I'm happy your wife found something to relieve her pain. Someone here said that edibles were good for physical pain and smoking/vaping were better for mind stuff. I can tell you that from going thru some chronic pain stuff myself (but nothing like your wife's condition) that anyone with chronic pain also has anxiety and depression to deal with. The grinding way that chronic pain wears you down almost guarantees it.

I hope your wife finds lasting relief with this safer method.

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 1,582 Times in 1,067 Posts

Yeah she got the vape thing too. Sheís trying a bunch of stuff to see what works best.

Itís not a secret my wife has it, our daughter knows. Itís for medicinal purposes and she understands that. The shit my wife takes is 1000 times worse than weed anyway.
    Iím sorry to hear of your wifeís struggles. Hopefully it will get better.

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 1,582 Times in 1,067 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I'm happy your wife found something to relieve her pain. Someone here said that edibles were good for physical pain and smoking/vaping were better for mind stuff. I can tell you that from going thru some chronic pain stuff myself (but nothing like your wife's condition) that anyone with chronic pain also has anxiety and depression to deal with. The grinding way that chronic pain wears you down almost guarantees it.

I hope your wife finds lasting relief with this safer method.
    Generally sativa is good for the mind and indica is good for the body.

But they have this stuff down to the science now. They know which strains hit which receptors which relieve specific symptoms. It’s very interesting.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 04:01 AM
    Liked 16,570 Times in 7,288 Posts

Default Should Marijuana be legal

Also from what we understand sativa is more of an ďupperĒ type of high and indica is more of a relaxant. The gummies I ate were indica.

It is pretty cool how they have this thing down to a science now. Itís not like youíre buying weed from some dude on the street.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

Donor

Indica def more chill. High grade sativs will buzz you good lol.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.20.19 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 3,218 Times in 2,203 Posts

That is great that your wife found some relief from the pain. Hopefully she can dial in what works best for her. So many options.

++++

I don't smoke at all, but several ex-pro hockey players and other athletes (with chronic pain) have come out with CBD type products for pain/sleep. Those seem to be helping a lot of people as well.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 2,448 Times in 1,298 Posts

Premium Member

The Roth Show
    May 26, 2019
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 02:21 PM
    Liked 4,447 Times in 1,966 Posts

Premium Member

Also from what we understand sativa is more of an “upper” type of high and indica is more of a relaxant. The gummies I ate were indica.

It is pretty cool how they have this thing down to a science now. It’s not like you’re buying weed from some dude on the street.
    For chronic pain during the day a patch works best. One of our companies Manna is the leader in the field, a team from Eli Lilly we lifted out. The constant microdosing is the best delivery method for pain management. It is a life changer. I feel your wife on preferring flower. I do as well. It is the ritual the grind, the roll, etc... and experience for me it is preferred and it all goes together. That said for pain and to be instantaneous the patch is actually better. I would suggest a patch during the day when needed and flower in the eve.

Vape, I advise NO ONE to use an oil based vape regularly unless you intimately know the manufacturer and tested the oil. 90% of oil cartridges we test have a lot of shit chemicals (and even some heavy metals) you would never want to be in your body. An occasional use because of convenience is not an issue but if you use it as a regular for of consumption you are ingestion some really not good shit. I will use our own cartridges and live resin but the lab results on the broad market stuff is scary bad.

Edibles are more my thing and are great. Unfortunately dispensary edibles are awful quality and California is by far the worse market for edibles in dispensaries. The regs in Cali are simply unenforceable as is. The market is an absolute mess so the market is flooded with crap product in regard to edibles. Several issues, first contamination with bad kitchens, diffusion is a huge issue so you can have one gummy with zero and another with 50MG, just zero manufacturing standard, lab testing or enforcement. You can get great edibles in CA but not in the dispensaries. There you will get bad quality, high sugar, inconsistent diffusion, and contaminant. Plus most forget, edibles do NOT deliver THC. When processed by your liver it is a different chemical that dumps into your blood stream. It will last much longer but it is 5 times more potent (THC-A). It also matters WHAT edible. So chocolates are anything with similar lipids make your liver smile. That gets absorbed and processed the best and dumps into your blood for more evenly and fully metabolized. A gummy however will get less into you system but will dump more at once and be more harsh if dosage is too high as it really dumps it into your blood stream in a more clumpy pattern. Chocolates are not very profitable in price sensitive dispensary market but you can get some magnificent products from chefs. We sell a Belgian CBD chocolate in Sach's and Harrods now. I suggest chocolate for new comers and be careful of popcorn. Everyone forgets the popcorn is infused and over does it. The butter is again a great lipid to infuse.

For sleep, I would suggest full spectrum CBD oil 40MG in a 5 to 1 ratio in the morning. Then in the eve a more traditional Indica based lower THC flower of chocolate. Why the oil in the morn for sleep? It will help your cabinoid system regulate receptors in your brain. The cabinoid system is vital in regulatory systems. The higher CBD dose will produce more sustained REM pattern and transition from stages in sleep. This has been studied in Tel Aviv and currently Dr. Chen at UCLA is studying the mechanism as well which has a cannabis institute for research. If you have questions or want guidance on doses, where to supply etc.... feel free to ping me. It is my job and I love it so no bother at all.

16. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 02:21 PM
    Liked 4,447 Times in 1,966 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Indica def more chill. High grade sativs will buzz you good lol.
    In general yes but the plant has 127 cabinoids it is not just THC or CBD so the number of permutations etc... is pretty immense. If not just a rec thing but seeking a specific effect it really does pay to do some research on the individual strain and the plants lineage. The varieties and differences are immense as is the underlying chemistry.
    As an example, we work w the U of Tel Aviv on creating products around IP and research. We have managed to isolate the 3 cabinoids and optimize ratio entourage effects etc.... that aid in focus. These often found in strains like Green Crack which is used often by film makers which has the highest rate of ADD than other careers. Idea is it would be great to make a drink or snack with these that allow self medication for ADD and avoid Adderall etc... problem is these specific cabinoids work best via absorption in the sinus. Well a nasal spray product is far less appealing to a market but we still are working on it.

Anyway the point is not my work frustration but the plant species is one the most diverse chemically, it really does matter which type as you get more specific on the effect.