Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

01.17.18 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 132 Times in 75 Posts

I smoke pot occasionaly.
    I don't bother anyone when i do it.
    It hasn't made me fat, and the way to tell the drivers who've had a bowl is to look for the guys doing 10mph. (not that that makes it right, never toke and drive,pay the price if you're caught.)

When i drank, i was not always the nicest person, and i spent a lot of money.
    Neither of those things are an issue with pot.

You would need some fairly heavy and strict guidelines as to who can sell, and who can't, because the rush to corner the market would be insane.

Finally, as the song says, "Kickin' Back Ain't Kickin' You" , there is nothing in my lifestyle that i should be going to jail for.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    Some people wake up under their car dressed as a gladiator with a salad tong stuffed up their butt.

.....or so I hear.
    Something tells me that if we shared the same zip code, we would have bumped into each other back in the day....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.19.18 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 120 Times in 57 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    Some people wake up under their car dressed as a gladiator with a salad tong stuffed up their butt.

.....or so I hear.
    It was a wisk, a panda suit and a Dodge pickup, but that's just me. Or not.

Back to serious discussion, I always felt alcohol was just as much of a gateway drug as pot. Everybody I knew was drunk before they were high.

Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

01.01.19 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

I hope the state of CA legalizes it so we can have a test state to determine how it would work. Without a doubt, the realistic revenue generated could be used even towards the "single payer" insurance we are now talking about. If you are an adult then I think the decision should be with the individual. I do worry however that even though it would be regulated it would be easier in a way for kids to get it, much like alcohol that is kept in the house. When I was a kid like many others, I hit the old man's liquor frequently. Had he not had it in the house I wouldn't have had the opportunity. Not that irresponsible people don't leave it laying around now, but there would certainly be more of the opportunity if it was legal. I could see kids more likely to get it if it were legal in this type of manner.

With that said, the responsibility is with the individual and should be legal. I don't buy the idea of the streets being safer as the dealers will still be out with crack, meth, H etc. so I don't see how that would effect anything. Just would be less to deal but there still will be a need for them. I am not for legalizing hard drugs.

It is a very interesting subject OLO, one I am very curious to see work or not work.

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by smme5150 View Post
    I do worry however that even though it would be regulated it would be easier in a way for kids to get it, much like alcohol that is kept in the house. When I was a kid like many others, I hit the old man's liquor frequently. Had he not had it in the house I wouldn't have had the opportunity. Not that irresponsible people don't leave it laying around now, but there would certainly be more of the opportunity if it was legal. I could see kids more likely to get it if it were legal in this type of manner.
    Actually, i think it'll make it easier for the adults to get it.

Trust me, the kids don't have any trouble.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

01.19.19 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 9,673 Times in 5,431 Posts

I think it should be illegal but in the main that parking illegal. You get caught smoking outside of your home, it's a $30 fine and you're told to stop type.

It's not my thing (drug use is one of those things I just don't get) but I don't think our courts should be wasting time dealing with the pot smoker. Grow-ops however are a problem up here and there needs to be more resources aimed at stoppoing those.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I quit doing all drugs when I quit drinking. For me, it just seemed more natural to be totally clean.
    I had to go to rehab (twice) to get off the booze. Pot? No problem. I just stopped.

I say legalize it. Why not? I never had any problems when I was using pot. Never did anything I regretted later. The only negative was the paranoia, and that was usually because I was afraid of getting busted because it was illegal.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

01.19.19 @ 10:34 AM
    Liked 1,884 Times in 962 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    Again, I believe this to be a 'blanket stereotype' (that pot makes people lethargic and dumb). Look at OLO'S initial post about his two friends.

All things in moderation.
    Taking the occasional puff is no biggie for most people.

In my case though, with just about anything, moderation isn't in my vocabulary. When I smoke pot I smoke the shit out of it and it's very counter-productive for me.

I'd never smoke it before work or around the family though. Was never comfortable smoking in those situations.

Jamming with my band, relaxing at home, or doing anything with my friends though always involved smoking pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post

You are the first person I have ever heard mention this, but I smoked heavily for a long time, and for me, this was absolutely true. I got to a point that I simply didn't dream, unless it was in the final moments before waking up, and then it was mostly dreaming about going to the bathroom. Not the deep sleep type of dreams at all. And when I quit, after a week or so, I started dreaming again. Not dreaming bothered me.

I wish I had never smoked pot, that's the truth. It affected me in a lot of ways. Still, I see no rational argument for it to remain illegal in totality. But just like booze or tobacco, I think most folks would be better off staying away from it.
    Totally agree Red.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Favorite VH Album

Olive um
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!!
    Last Online

06.14.13 @ 10:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hell yes it should be legal. I used to spark up all the time, however, now I choose not to. I have no prob w/ folks around me lighten' up. Just don't let me see any sales/transactions.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

yes
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,017 Times in 3,496 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    I quit doing all drugs when I quit drinking. For me, it just seemed more natural to be totally clean.
    I had to go to rehab (twice) to get off the booze. Pot? No problem. I just stopped.

I say legalize it. Why not? I never had any problems when I was using pot. Never did anything I regretted later. The only negative was the paranoia, and that was usually because I was afraid of getting busted because it was illegal.
    Ditto. However smoking pot and working in restaurants equals unlimited munchy food and I got fat. I lost the weight when I quit but just a bad match made in heaven.

I say if someone is determined to get high they are gonna do it. Why not make money off them and cut them out of the court system in the process. SAme with booze or any drug, if people make a decision to do drugs as an ADULT then they can handle the consequences, and if a few die oh well survival of the fitest.

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    Ditto. However smoking pot and working in restaurants equals unlimited munchy food and I got fat. I lost the weight when I quit but just a bad match made in heaven.

I say if someone is determined to get high they are gonna do it. Why not make money off them and cut them out of the court system in the process. SAme with booze or any drug, if people make a decision to do drugs as an ADULT then they can handle the consequences, and if a few die oh well survival of the fitest.
    And what do you suggest the consequences for someone who smokes dope should be?
    -H.S.T

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    And what do you suggest the consequences for someone who smokes dope should be?
    He should be forced to share.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Don't smoke because I don't like it (and I really tried) but it needs to be legalised, even if only for the amount of wasted resources spent trying to control the "problem". It is, in every respect, far less dangerous than alcohol, causes far fewer social problems and requires zero "rehab" style care.

It is cheap, can be taken without tobacco or even as food, most users tend to feel "good" - not violent or dangerously confused and is not thought to be physically addictive - You never hear of someone throwing up and shaking and robbing people to get a hit.

Studies have suggested that in very, rare instances that extended use can alter brain chemistry permanently and in even rarer cases, those with a certain genetic predisposition might develop some forms of mental illness. I'm sure those numbers are debatable though.

And screw governments trying to muscle in on the act. People should be able to grow the stuff themselves - no sellers required except for seeds - and enjoy it in the privacy of their own home without fear.

That there is even a small debate on this subject just goes to show the arbitrary nature of lawmaking in most lands.

Any pot is illegal, yet i can go and buy a case of whiskey. A quick list of the pros and cons of both leaves you scratching your head as to why pot is still illegal.

Anything in moderation can be "healthy" - I mean, healthy for the spirit and peace of mind. Too many bigmacs will fuck you up.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

Absolutely needs to be legalized. I cannot think of one quality, consistent argument to keep it illegal.