Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Having some not so pleasant effects from the last couple of times I partook, which is many years ago - (one being unable to swallow, having to actually make myself as the reflex just didnt function so it scared me a bit, the other vomiting badly which may have been downto mixing pure rolled leaf with alcohol) I'm undecided about it becoming legal. This is what one UK site has to say on the subject.

Ill-Effects of Cannabis Use

Users can become disorientated and start to hallucinate and they may become angry, depressed or anxious after the initial feeling of well being wears off. One 17-year-old recreational user describes the down side for him as "getting the fear." He says: "I start to panic and think everyone's talking about me".

Nausea and vomiting can occur when an inexperienced user has taken too much cannabis, especially when combined with alcohol. This is commonly known as "white" or "spinout."

Users can also experience short term memory loss and reduced coordination due to the temporary confusion of parts of the brain which control these particular functions.

The short term effects of cannabis generally last for up to four hours, depending on the amount used, and the body resumes normal service after that. As for the long term effects, there's no conclusive medical evidence to suggest that cannabis causes permanent damage. But there's a risk of dependence on the drug after long term use and this can make it difficult or well-nigh impossible for the addict to function "normally" without it.

There's also no evidence that cannabis is the "gateway drug" to other more dangerous drugs although those that use it are more likely than non-users to be in situations where other more harmful substances are readily available.

A recent study by the British Lung Foundation found that smoking three cannabis joints a day caused the same damage as 20 cigarettes because people tend to inhale the smoke for longer to gain the maximum "hit". The medical community is still debating whether cannabis use leads to lung cancer - but it's a fact that cannabis contains more carcinogens (cancer-causing agents) than tobacco.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

05.12.18 @ 07:53 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Everything I've read points to the sauce being just horrible for the human body when taken in excess, yet somehow pot is not.

When I did smoke it, I found the effects to be similar except I didnt awaken with a hangover, nor want to beat the fuck out of people. I also didn't get sappy fucking emotional.....just happy.

Then there's the studies that hypothesize that a controlled weed market could generate some much-needed revenue.

Personally I've decided to quit, but I say.....

LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

07.13.18 @ 12:35 AM
    Liked 314 Times in 150 Posts

Donor

It should be legal.

As a recovering alcoholic, it's definitely less dangerous than alcohol in terms of health risks. When I say this, I mean on the liver, kidneys, overdoses, etc... Of course marijuana has the cancer risk like anything else that can be smoked but if injested orally (like in brownie or cookie form) that risk would be taken out of the equation.

The biggest thing that would suck if it were legal would be the government would be involved and they always seem to fuck shit up.

One question to me is how to test for it if someone were driving under the influence of marijuana. Most people I know who smoke don't have a severe impairment while operating a motor vehicle or other machinery but there are those who smoke and can't drive or function very well.
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

01.16.19 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 1,293 Times in 468 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

01.18.19 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 141 Times in 60 Posts

A recent poll showed that 56% of California voters already approve of the concept of legalizing and taxing marijuana for personal, recreational use. Meaning that a ballot initiative has a fairly good chance of passing. I would just caution everyone to be realistic when making estimates as to how much tax revenue would be raised by doing so. California has such massive budget problems right now that a marijuana tax certainly couldn’t hurt the state’s cash flow. And, with the voters apparently ready to approve such a scheme, it looks entirely possible that it could happen. But overestimating the revenues expected could actually undermine the case for doing so. The advocates for legalization and taxation should be careful when drawing up their estimates, and keep their promises of tax revenue realistic, to better convince voters of the practicality of the idea.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

09.08.18 @ 06:57 AM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Donor

It's not?

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OLO, do you think the popular teenage mindset on marijuana will change if it's made legal for personal use?
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post
    OLO, do you think the popular teenage mindset on marijuana will change if it's made legal for personal use?
    This is just my opinion but here goes.

I think at first some teens will give it a try and not smoke it again and some will go apeshit smoking it and become stoners. Over time I think the sexiness of it will be gone and it will be looked at just like Alcohol.
    ((Just My Two Cents))

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

09.08.18 @ 06:57 AM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    This is just my opinion but here goes.

I think at first some teens will give it a try and not smoke it again and some will go apeshit smoking it and become stoners. Over time I think the sexiness of it will be gone and it will be looked at just like Alcohol.
    Well said.
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

01.19.19 @ 10:34 AM
    Liked 1,884 Times in 962 Posts

Certain types of pot will zap you and make you couch bound. From what I was told and have read the Sativa strain tends to energize. Both my friend and step brother told me this so I went and did some research. From what I can tell it is true.
    I've smoked every kind of pot known to man and was never "energized" by any of it. Just more stoned.

Not sure what you mean about those with goals in life. Many very successful people get high. I know two personally.
    In my experience if I have a bag of pot and a day off then I'll almost always put off until tomorrow what I should have done today.

I achieve a great deal more in life on a daily basis when I'm not smoking pot.

That's not saying that a CEO can't be a CEO if he smokes pot. If he's stoned at work though then I'd venture to say that he's nowhere near his full potential to lead those depending on him.

Of course I'm sure that pot effects different people in different ways. That's just me speaking from my own years of personal "research", and observing my friends.

I know that I'm much better off without it.
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 09.01.09 at 06:29 PM.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds like the way it is right now. I don't even smoke pot but I think it's safe to legalize it as long as it can be efficiently controlled.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    I've smoked every kind of pot known to man and was never "energized" by any of it. Just more stoned.

In my experience if I have a bag of pot and a day off then I'll almost always put off until tomorrow what I should have done today.

I achieve a great deal more in life on a dailly basis when I'm not smoking pot.

That's not saying that a CEO can't be a CEO if he smokes pot. If he's stoned at work though then I'd venture to say that he's nowhere near his full potential to lead those depending on him.

Of course I'm sure that pot effects diferent people in diferent ways. That's just me speaking from my own years of personal "research", and observing my friends.

I know that I'm much better off without it.
    And I know that as an alcoholic I am much better off without a beer or drink. I think Alcohol and Marijuana effect everyone differently.

I have a cousin that is 21, he would smoke pot every once in awhile and get totally paranoid each time. I finally said to him STOP SMOKING POT if you dont like how it makes you feel.

Some people get mean when they drink. Some people become the life of the party when they drink. Some people become a total drunk lush.
    ((Just My Two Cents))

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

05.12.18 @ 07:53 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Some people wake up under their car dressed as a gladiator with a salad tong stuffed up their butt.

.....or so I hear.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

01.19.19 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 1,918 Times in 1,316 Posts

just have to work out how to determine if someone's operating a motor vehicle while impaired and how to keep it out of the hands of minors. As for the former, I'm not sure how they can do that - the latter I imagine would work as well as it does for alcohol. But if it's legal they can tax it and put warning labels on it (does anyone take heed of those on cigarettes and alcohol?) and there should be no reason for court time to be taken up because someone has a few marijuana cigarettes on their person anymore.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have strongly mixed feelings. As someone whose had a lifetime of dealing with the ill-effects of alcohol and drugs (both as a participant and as "collateral damage"), I wish both would go away. However, I know that will not happen and I know folks who can have a few drinks or smoke a joint and still be functional and productive. Conversely (and unlike alcohol), I know only a few people who have had dependency issues solely with pot. There is truth that pot can be an entry level to harder things and that's where the shit hits the fan. But alcohol can, in and of itself, be the shit hitting the fan.

As for the physical damage, a healthy body is better off without either I believe but I would think the physical damage alcohol abuse does compared to pot abuse is much more acute. My mother died of liver damage from alcoholism before her 40th birthday and that wasn't pretty: lots of bleeding and toxicity. Alcohol is a solvent which will corode tissue relatively quickly in large quantity.

My point: If booze is legal (and taxed), why not pot?