Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Default Graphics card issues!

ok i thought i'd post this just incase anyone else has been suffering the same problems i have recently.

a little while ago i started getting a problem with my graphics drivers on my pc
    a Philips hepc7602/05 with an nvidia 9600gt graphics card and windows home premium operating system.
    whenever i tried playing a game it instantly crashed with an error message saying "display driver nvlddmkm stopped working but has recovered"
    no matter what i did i could not resolve the issue, i updated all my drivers for all the hardware/software on my computer, searched microsft knowledge base (which pointed to a problem with windows server!), i set my resolution settings as low as they would go and even tried running games in their lowest resolutions settings...just as i was about to format my hard drive i discovered (after much searching and head banging!) that the issue is caused by Microsoft themselves!
    it was an automatic update that related to server 2008, hotfix KB952287
    i have since uninstalled this update and set microsft update to ignore it in the future and everything is running perfectly (which is great because i had just purchased the Fallout 3 expansion packs).

the reason im posting this is because it appears a lot of people i have spoken to have had (and still have) this problem, and thought i would be good to share the solution

if this helps 1 person then im happy.

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Once, Cathedral, Poundcake
    Last Online

10.11.14 @ 02:02 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's not the first time MS has caused problems like that. A lady from church called me to take a look at her laptop, because she couldn't get on the internet any more. Nothing I did seemed to work. I got on the internet with my laptop an found out that a hot fix the MS issued causes problems with the wireless on her particular model laptop. I uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless card. Viola, I'm a God because she could get back on Facebook.
    Ladies and gentlemen, hobos and tramps, Cross-eyed mosquitoes and bowlegged ants; I'm here before you to stand behind you To tell you something I know nothing about... ~Sammy Hagar