VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:32 PM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

Atlanta VIP's get Screwed !!!

I paid for 2 VIP tickets, not the backstage, just the VIP package. This cost $380.00 for 2 seats. My email confirmation from Livenation was Row G or (7), seats #9 + #10. We show up at the Will call window and get 2 blue wristbands with zero instructions, when I ask, the girl says "that's it, just go inside".

Upon entering the Tabernacle to find our seats, we discover that the floor is GERNERAL ADMINTION ONLY. NO seats, no roped off area nothing. Seeing my anger my wife goes back to the ticket office and is told that "due to the filming for the DVD all the seats were taken out per CHICKENFOOT's request".

So I paid $380.00 for 2 GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS. Now, Im no rocket scientist but I do believe that I just got FUCKED by Chickenfoot and Livenation. I didn't get an email with a heads up and or a chance to refund the tickets, nothing.

Chickenfoot wants the seats taken out, fine, I get it. At least offer the VIP's the chance to stand up front. Nope. At least have a represenative from Livenation to inform us. Nope. Maybe some info. when we got the wristbands. Nope.

It would be really nice for the band to make this right for the fans. I at least expect a refund of the differance of 2 GA tickets and 2 VIP tickets. I guess I'll start with Livenation and see where that goes.

Oh, and apparently details for getting my VIP merchandise have been emailed to me? Yet again, I don't seem to have one and or can't find it, trust me I've looked.

The confirmation email also states "If you purchashed a RESERVED premium package, you have reserved seats, so it is not necessary to arrive early."

Well we did work our way up to around probably the equivalent of row 10 during the opening act. Between sets I go and take a leak while my wife stayed on the floor. On the way back I find that the floor is very packed. As I make my way through the crowd apologizing for working my way up I encounter some less than pleasant people. Some muscle head puts his hand on my chest and says "you're not going up there." Now, this asshole didn't work there, just your typical control freak who's lifted too many weights. I tell simpleton that Im going anyway and work around the dickhead.

I get it, GA seating sucks, and people are pissed cause others work their way up. I was just trying to get back to where my wife was for the show. The show was fine, I was just really bummed about the whole ticket situation.

Anyone else here do the VIP package for the Atlanta show? It would be nice to have a group of people to throw emails around with in regards to getting in touch with Livenation and or Chickenfoot.

PS

Im not even going to get into the fact that I couldn't even purchase the VIP tickets until 3 days after they went on sale because the Livenation site was fucked up?

Nothing wrong the performance, but damn Im dissappointed.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:42 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

That really sucks. I know how you felt though. I purchased the 5 star package for VH in Atlantic City in 04 just to find out when we got there that it too was general admission. Needless to say we weren't anywhere near the stage when VH went on.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:17 AM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Sorry about your VIP experience. All I can say is never ever trust a ticket agency to help you. I too was fucked on the I Love All Access site for the VanWolfgang tour,getting in for the venue I wanted and then being re-directed out of the site after I entered all my information. Upon reentering the site there where no more tickets except for those already sold to Stubhub,Tickets Now,at 2-3 times the cost.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Crossing over
    Last Online

04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Sorry about your VIP experience. All I can say is never ever trust a ticket agency to help you. I too was fucked on the I Love All Access site for the VanWolfgang tour,getting in for the venue I wanted and then being re-directed out of the site after I entered all my information. Upon reentering the site there where no more tickets except for those already sold to Stubhub,Tickets Now,at 2-3 times the cost.
    that sux, maybe send an email to that chick who runs sammy's site.. but that sux.
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

There's an article in a recent New Yorker about this. Apparently, TicketMaster now owns StubHub, which is creating an illegal conflict of interest.
    The article is about a recent Springsteen concert in New York. As soon as tickets went on sale, the TicketMaster site went down. When it came back up, there were no more good seats left, and the site now had a link to StubHub. That way, TicketMaster could sell the tickets to the scalpers, then collect the commission when the scalpers resold the ticket. In effect, TicketMaster got to sell each ticket twice.
    Lawsuits are starting to fly.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained..
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 367 Times in 134 Posts

Contact your credit card company and demand they refund the difference in price.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

that sucks man....that sucks bad.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.02.13 @ 06:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default The whole thing sounds screwed up....

I have never been to a show at the Tabernacle when the floor was NOT General Admission so I am really surprised that they ever suggested that there would be assigned seating for the VIPs.

I did not do the VIP thing -- had good seats up front in the first balcony on Joe's side of the stage -- but I would have expected at least the following:

1. VIPs arrive early at a pre-set time and location;
    2. Show ID then get ushered in for soundcheck;
    3. Get some free Chickenfoot stuff -- a tee shirt, laminated ticket, a Satch pick etc.
    4. Get first crack at the rail for the show.

Anything less than that is BS.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr5115 View Post
    I paid for 2 VIP tickets, not the backstage, just the VIP package. This cost $380.00 for 2 seats. My email confirmation from Livenation was Row G or (7), seats #9 + #10. We show up at the Will call window and get 2 blue wristbands with zero instructions, when I ask, the girl says "that's it, just go inside".

Upon entering the Tabernacle to find our seats, we discover that the floor is GERNERAL ADMINTION ONLY. NO seats, no roped off area nothing. Seeing my anger my wife goes back to the ticket office and is told that "due to the filming for the DVD all the seats were taken out per CHICKENFOOT's request".

So I paid $380.00 for 2 GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS. Now, Im no rocket scientist but I do believe that I just got FUCKED by Chickenfoot and Livenation. I didn't get an email with a heads up and or a chance to refund the tickets, nothing.

Chickenfoot wants the seats taken out, fine, I get it. At least offer the VIP's the chance to stand up front. Nope. At least have a represenative from Livenation to inform us. Nope. Maybe some info. when we got the wristbands. Nope.

It would be really nice for the band to make this right for the fans. I at least expect a refund of the differance of 2 GA tickets and 2 VIP tickets. I guess I'll start with Livenation and see where that goes.

Oh, and apparently details for getting my VIP merchandise have been emailed to me? Yet again, I don't seem to have one and or can't find it, trust me I've looked.

The confirmation email also states "If you purchashed a RESERVED premium package, you have reserved seats, so it is not necessary to arrive early."

Well we did work our way up to around probably the equivalent of row 10 during the opening act. Between sets I go and take a leak while my wife stayed on the floor. On the way back I find that the floor is very packed. As I make my way through the crowd apologizing for working my way up I encounter some less than pleasant people. Some muscle head puts his hand on my chest and says "you're not going up there." Now, this asshole didn't work there, just your typical control freak who's lifted too many weights. I tell simpleton that Im going anyway and work around the dickhead.

I get it, GA seating sucks, and people are pissed cause others work their way up. I was just trying to get back to where my wife was for the show. The show was fine, I was just really bummed about the whole ticket situation.

Anyone else here do the VIP package for the Atlanta show? It would be nice to have a group of people to throw emails around with in regards to getting in touch with Livenation and or Chickenfoot.

PS

Im not even going to get into the fact that I couldn't even purchase the VIP tickets until 3 days after they went on sale because the Livenation site was fucked up?

Nothing wrong the performance, but damn Im dissappointed.

You got fucked. Bad.

Sorry it worked out the way it did. That really blows.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:29 AM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

i hate these VIP/I love all access things that bands do. And I hate GA shows even more. A combo platter would have been enough for me to snap.

Sammy is pretty good at playing the PR game though, I'd send a message to his website and hope he makes it right. If that fails to get a quick response I'd contact your Credit Card provider and protest the charge since you did not receive what you purchased.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:32 PM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

Taken for a ride

Thanks for the advice guys.

Upon further review looks like Livenation covered their ass.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Chickenfoot Premium Ticket Package

* One premium, reserved seated ticket located within the first 15 rows of the stage or GA ticket with early entry
    * Exclusive Chickenfoot Concert Shirt
    * Collectible Chickenfoot Tour Poster (limited edition, numbered)
    * Commemorative Tour Laminate
    * Exclusive Chickenfoot Magic 8 Ball
    * *Two lucky guests per show will be upgraded to the Chickenfoot backstage tour
    __________________________________________________ _______
    Notice that what the first line says "OR GA ticket with early entry".

Guess what livenation said when I called them. That's right I purchased 2 GA tickets for $380.00. Nevermind that it had actual seats listed on the receipt.

I posted a message to the girl over at the Red Rocker forums, she just said to contact Livenation. I called the credit card company and they're going to look into it. Im afraid this will be one of those cases where everyone is at jeoprody for not reading the fine print.

It's hard to fathom that the band would allow premium packages to be sold and then switch the product to GA seating and not offer a refund.

I've supported Sammy since the VOA tour. Sad to see long time fans treated this way.

If Livenation sold out all of the VIP packages I figure they roughy made an extra $30,000 on the show that belongs to the VIP customers. I paid $40.00 for the fan club to sign up early just to get the tickets, then I paid $380.00 for the tickets, that's $420.00 for 2 tickets when I could of just bought 2 GA tickets for $80.00. Is it me or does this seem like a scam.
    Last edited by Dr5115; 08.31.09 at 11:34 AM.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:29 AM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

it's a scam - it's not just you. at the very least, they should have roped off the front section of the crowd and given all the vips wristbands. that wouldn't take much work.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.25.17 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

Wow , that really sucks !

The fine print said GA with early entry, did they offer early entry ?

Even so with fine print, sounds like they screwed your royally. Keep pushing on LiveNation, etc, etc. You have a strong case. Hopefully someone with a sense of decency will do the right thing for you.

America keeps getting worse and worse, customer service is horrific and companies that have a monopoly or close to a monopoly abuse the customers like they have done to you.

Maybe contact the State Attorney General. I have done that recently in regards to a U2 show, without getting into details, U2, Live Nation or whoever has royally screwed the fans by moving a show from a Friday to a Wednesday less then a month before the show causing fans with travel plans to be completely screwed not to mention all the local fans who are having their plans disrupted.
    11-13-2007 MSG NY, NY
    12-28-2007 MGM Grand Las Vegas, Nevada
    12-30-2007 MGM Grand Las Vegas, Nevada
    5-13-2008 IZOD Arena East Rutherford , NJ
    5-23-2008 MSG NY, NY
    5-28-2008 Verizon Manchester, NH
    2-28-2012 MSG NY, NY
    3-01-2012 MSG NY, NY

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:51 AM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

am I missing something? At first you said the confirmation said that you had purchased premium reserved seats and no early arrival was required.

then it said that the ticket entitled you to early entry

I guess they figured you would be so excited to see the show filmed for DVD release that it wouldn't make a difference to you where you were?

I think they were wrong...$380 to see chickenfoot? of course it made a difference where you were 'seated' they could have easily roped off a premium section, but then they would have had to have someone there to enforce ti

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i did pretty good in Montreal...12th row at face value without all the added on crap.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10