Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:36 AM
    Liked 283 Times in 151 Posts

Default 8/29 Myrtle Beach, SC House of Blues

My 2nd show, and I'm at the point where I will say this might be THE best band of their kind playing right now. If you have any chance to see Chickenfoot: DO IT. I am bummed that I can't go to the one in Atlanta as well, but money is tight...I almost talked myself into it a few times. The crowd was great, and the band seemed very appreciative of that...at the end Chad even said it was one of the best crowds of the whole tour, and earlier in the show Sammy made a remark "we should've filmed this one!".

My only complaint is of the heinously drunk older dude beside me that kept elbowing me in the head, whistling/screaming in my ear and pushing me and everyone else. A nice young lady up front told him to back up a bit, to which he replied "shut the fuck up bitch!" in a slurred manor...way to ruin some good times man!

But nothing could ruin this show for me, CF is really something else. I hope they're not on the backburner long, I need more!

Good Enough namedmydaughterHALEN's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

vh II OR balance
    Favorite VH Song

damn near all of them!
    Last Online

04.19.17 @ 04:47 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsitive View Post
    My 2nd show, and I'm at the point where I will say this might be THE best band of their kind playing right now. If you have any chance to see Chickenfoot: DO IT. I am bummed that I can't go to the one in Atlanta as well, but money is tight...I almost talked myself into it a few times. The crowd was great, and the band seemed very appreciative of that...at the end Chad even said it was one of the best crowds of the whole tour, and earlier in the show Sammy made a remark "we should've filmed this one!".

My only complaint is of the heinously drunk older dude beside me that kept elbowing me in the head, whistling/screaming in my ear and pushing me and everyone else. A nice young lady up front told him to back up a bit, to which he replied "shut the fuck up bitch!" in a slurred manor...way to ruin some good times man!

But nothing could ruin this show for me, CF is really something else. I hope they're not on the backburner long, I need more!
    haven't posted here in a while but saw this show and had to say something.
    first off that kid that opened for them, davy knowles, holy shit! that kid is amazing on guitar. saw him do shit eddie hasn't done. unreal.

i wasn't expecting to be blown away by chickenfoot. i was expecting a good show. well i was blown away. i relate it to the fact that CF was having so much fun that i carried over to the whole place. sammy comes walking out wearing a OU812 t-shirt, which i thought was cool. then he flips eddie off at one point. well deserved i gotta say. i do however feel that if ed got his shit together and asked sammy, he'd go but only with mike. wont happen. i digress.....
    the band sounded amazing. chad is a complete nut case. he talked more than sammy! he threw about 50-60 sticks out in the crowd. he even gave someone his tamborine. mike whipped out his new Jack Daniels bass. it dispensed little jd bottles, like a pez dispenser. i was dyin when i saw that.

on another side note, while waiting to get in, we were behind a dad and his 2 kids. one kid had a skateboard helmet paint with ed's stipes. kept saying how he hoped to get sam and mike to sign it. while the show was going sam told the kid to lay it on the stage. later in the show, sam picks it up straps it on and acts like he is riding a scooter. then he takes it off and signs it, walks it over to mike and he signs it. mike takes it to chad and he signs it. joe was busy playing but sam motioned to the kid that they would have him sign it later. sure enough after the show house lights come on and sam makes sure joe signs the helmet. in fact all 4 members were throwing picks, sticks and sigining autographs for a good 5 minutes before they left the stage. very very cool.
    i was upset with myself for not going into the pit. i have had some bad experiences in the pit that made me not want to do it this time. huge mistake. with all the sticks and picks flying around like confetti, i would have walked out with something. damn it...
    oh well, i had a great experience when sam and mike played here 3 years ago.

had a great time. was pretty impressed that no previous employers songs were played other than sam's bad motor scooter.
    4 great guys, who had fun and shared it with their fans...... imagine that

peace

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1!!
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

09.05.09 @ 07:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default awesome show!

I went to the Myrtle Beach show AND the Atlanta show! These guys know how to do it,,,,,,,entertaining as hell, joking with each other, having fun, it was just a blast!
    I've been wanting to meet Mike forever,,,I taught myself bass and Mike, Nikki Sixx and Gene Simmons are my favorite bass players. I just love their attitudes on stage, each of them has their own persona and style.
    I have a Yamaha Michael Anthony bass, and I brought it to the back area where the buses were 2 hours prior to the show. Dugie (Mike's tech) saw me with it and promised me he would get it signed, but that I probably won't actually 'meet' Mike due to scheduling. I told Dugie this was MY bass, not my 'boyfriends' - he thought that was funny! He gave me a Mike bass pick. (Mike didn't use a pick the WHOLE show by the way, which I thought was awesome because I never use a pick).
    I had also sent an email to the production manager that I wanted to meet Mike and have him sign my bass and sign 'me' (I've already met Gene and Nikki and they signed my leg and I had it tattooed on the next day, so Mike was the last one I needed! Yea it's a crazy goal, but hey why not, took me 10years to meet all 3!)
    So when the bus pulled up, Dugie came and took my bass, and brought it onto the bus. He came back with it signed! I was happy with that, but I still hadn't met Mike! So then a few minutes later, some other dude at the bus motions me to come over, so I go under the ropes (everyone was cheering for me, lol), and Mike came off the bus and said he had read my email and knew I wanted him to sign me! I just hugged the shit out of him! LOL! He was like "Where do you want me to sign you??" LOL! I told him what an inspiration he was to me and that I'm in 2 Van Halen tribute bands, he thought that was really cool seeing as I'm a girl, lol! He signed my leg and I was overwhelmed to actually finally meet him! Apparently Sammy walked right by, I didn't even notice him.
    SO then during the show, we crammed ourselves up near Mike and he saw me and was pointing at me and smiling, it was such a riot!
    The next day I drove back to Atlanta, had the tattoo done, and went to see them AGAIN! I saw Dugie outside again, and I showed him the tattoo, he was like "you actually did it!" and thought it was great!
    I got up on Mike's side again, and he saw me half way through the show and mouthed "Is that you?" and I was like YES! LOL!
    Such a cool guy,,,,,,,,,,,
    and another funny thing is Sammy had on an OU812 shirt in Myrtle Beach! LOL! And his fly was broken the whole show, haha! He tried to zip it up when he realized his fly was down, but it wouldn't go up, so he was like "F**k it!"

The signature tat! I'm getting the old one next to it covered over with Mike's logo,,,,,

the OU812 shirt, lol!

Mike stuck picks on his forehead cause he saw my buddy in the audience doing it, lol!
    ~Bassist for 'Van Heineken', 'Sheruption' and 'Iron Mullet'~

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Bad Ass Maddie!!! Thanks for sharing that.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.27.16 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Great story Maddie. Keep rockin' girl!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:59 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Chickenfoot setting the tone for fan-friendly!!!

Strange but cool to see Sam with the OU812 shirt on.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Very cool story Maddie.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:36 AM
    Liked 283 Times in 151 Posts

damn maddie that's awesome. I met you out there back behind the buses before the show, I was one of the 2 younger dudes out there when ya showed up. I bailed around 6 to jump in line and apparently missed everything back there! awesome pics and awesome story!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH1 to Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

08.07.10 @ 09:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great story, and photo's Maddie!!! Thought about posting a usual comment about Mike (using the word -class)..But the pictures, are proof of that anyway.....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1!!
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

09.05.09 @ 07:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here's some more pics I took, thought you might like to see them! Mike is and always has been a class act. He is so underrated as a bass player, I was almost afraid to post my signature tattoo in fear of being ridiculed (not that i care really) because I've seen Mike get 'picked on' alot on these forums and I always defend him to the end. But I'm glad to see everyone seems to be in agreement with me on how cool Mike is and what a great influence on other musicians. He was really doing some cool stuff the other night on the bass, WOW. If only I could get a few lessons with him!! I guess things happen for a reason, him not being on the VH tour was SO disappointing to me, but we got CHICKENFOOT out of it, so I am looking at the bright side!

Sammy getting his 'favorite buzz on', lol,,,,

Mike signing stuff for people on stage between songs!

Notice the 'secret compartment' with the little JD bottles sticking up, lol! Gotta love it!
    Last edited by Maddie Anthony; 09.05.09 at 07:21 PM.
    ~Bassist for 'Van Heineken', 'Sheruption' and 'Iron Mullet'~