Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Default Fender Wolfgang....USA

Ok I am going to cut to the chase on this one. Where on the Fender or the EVH website, does it say made in USA ????????????? Is it? Hmmmm.............................

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 728 Times in 345 Posts

http://evhgear.com/wolfgang/guitar.php

Click on one of the guitars, and in the window that opens, there's a little American flag toward the bottom right that says "Built with pride in the U.S.A."

Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the 5150 III.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    http://evhgear.com/wolfgang/guitar.php

Click on one of the guitars, and in the window that opens, there's a little American flag toward the bottom right that says "Built with pride in the U.S.A."

Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the 5150 III.
    I did not catch that but...........what I am still wondering is............... someone brought to my attention that the guitar does not have anything on it ? I remember when Kramer was producing some of their middle of the line guitars somewhere outside the US, but on the neck plate it said " USA". I have known this for years but, for people who don't know, It turns out they were NOT made in the US , this is just an old marketing trick. It makes me wonder if this is not the same thing ? Hmmmmmm " Built in the USA " might legally be very vague and get them off. Could be another legally accepted word for " assembled ". I don't know ? I am just curious. Does anybody ACTUALLY know for a fact they are completely machined in the US ?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottfletcher View Post
    I did not catch that but...........what I am still wondering is............... someone brought to my attention that the guitar does not have anything on it ? I remember when Kramer was producing some of their middle of the line guitars somewhere outside the US, but on the neck plate it said " USA". I have known this for years but, for people who don't know, It turns out they were NOT made in the US , this is just an old marketing trick. It makes me wonder if this is not the same thing ? Hmmmmmm " Built in the USA " might legally be very vague and get them off. Could be another legally accepted word for " assembled ". I don't know ? I am just curious. Does anybody ACTUALLY know for a fact they are completely machined in the US ?
    Don't they show pretty much every piece of the guitar being made from scratch in the wolfgang promo vid/interview with Ed where they go through the factory? I'm guessing that factory is in the US, and so maybe we can assume about 99% of the guitar is made there?

I'd still like to know definitely though... things do seem a little shady with the info given about the new Wolf

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Don't they show pretty much every piece of the guitar being made from scratch in the wolfgang promo vid/interview with Ed where they go through the factory? I'm guessing that factory is in the US, and so maybe we can assume about 99% of the guitar is made there?

I'd still like to know definitely though... things do seem a little shady with the info given about the new Wolf
    Hey ! ..... we shall see. I am just going to call fender and ask them. I will see how they respond. It could be one of those things like buying a half gallon of juice that says " Made with Real Juice !! " ....and if you look at the ingredient cart it says " made with 5 % real juice !
    Last edited by scottfletcher; 08.26.09 at 06:09 PM.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey ! ..... we shall see. I am just going to call fender and ask them. I will see how they respond.
    Good idea. I hope you have a contact though, and not just some service person... I'm assuming Fender is no Peavey when you call...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Good idea. I hope you have a contact though, and not just some service person... I'm assuming Fender is no Peavey when you call...
    Yeah , no shit !!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

im currently working on something with fender and my first point of contact was a guy called Jeff Krause...he was very quick to reply to all my questions and gave me all the information i needed to get things rolling. heres his e-mail at fender...
    jkrause@fender.com
    worth a shot.

Tom
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

Well, I hate to be one of "those guys" and post without being able to back it up, but...

I remember reading a blog about the prototype in the fall of 2007. One poster said he (?) worked for Fender and that the proto was built in the US, but the line will be built in Mexico with American parts.

It also said, however, the guitar would retail for $2000.
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 728 Times in 345 Posts

Let me preface my following statements by saying that I beleive in buying American when practical to do so, and if the quality of the American product is superior.

That being said, don't you think we're kind of making too big of a deal about where the guitar is being made? I mean, if the guitar is made from quality wood, quality hardware, and assembled with tight tolerances, has outstanding playability, and is durable, isn't that what really matters?

I completely understand the arguement that someone could be upset that the company is leading one to believe that the product is manufactured here in America, but it is actually being produced partially, or in whole in another country. The arguement that I reject, is that if the instrument is not touched by American hands throughout the entire manufacturing process, that it is somehow less of an instrument. A good example is Fender back in the 80's. They had a line of Japanese produced guitars that blew away the American line.

I can understand being upset with the guitar is produced in another country if the quality, tone, or playability is suffering for it. I could be way off base here, but it seems to me like what is really upsetting to some people is that the manufacturer would be making more profit if the guitar were actually being produced in another country, and not that the guitar is a piece of crap because of it.

The fact of the matter is, the buyer has an opportunity to decide whether or not to purchase the intrument based on the quality, tone, and playability. If you go to the guitar shop and decide that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread after playing it for a couple hours, then it shouldn't really matter where it's made.

Now, there is the arguement that, for $3100, I expect my guitar to be made in the U.S.A., and support American workers, and not line the pockets of a greedy corporation. Hey, if that's how you feel, that's great. You have to make your own personal choices, but it is what it is. If you want that guitar, you either have to accept it or not.

My stance on the Wolfgang is that it's overpriced for what it is, regardless of where it is made. I would purchase a Music Man for less money, and get better quality IMO. The new Wolf is trying to compete in the PRS price range, and it's just not as much of a guitar.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

Well......according to consumer relations who I talked to today it is made in California. someone I had talked that had 3 of these guitars said there was a litlle something wring with each one of them. I don't and will not be buyin one. I just thought it was interesting. The only thing I have to say is for a guitar to be in that price range It should NOT have one spec of dust on it !! Other than that, to each is own.

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:28 AM
    Liked 152 Times in 87 Posts

Well......according to consumer relations who I talked to today it is made in California. someone I had talked that had 3 of these guitars said there was a litlle something wring with each one of them. I don't and will not be buyin one. I just thought it was interesting. The only thing I have to say is for a guitar to be in that price range It should NOT have one spec of dust on it !! Other than that, to each is own.
    I have tried out a white EVH Wolfgang from a local shop here and noticed right off that the fret edges were really sharp...much more so than any Gibson, Fender or comparable guitar in equal or lower price ranges...if I pay $3100 for a guitar I would be choked if the frets weren't absolutely perfect...just to give one small example..
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

What's the difference between a guitar built in California by Mexicans or Mexicans in Mexico..?
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 600 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post
    What's the difference between a guitar built in California by Mexicans or Mexicans in Mexico..?
    LOL!!

Well just from photos ive seen the new wolf looks cheap to me.
    Have yet to play one myself.
    JB
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    Let me preface my following statements by saying that I beleive in buying American when practical to do so, and if the quality of the American product is superior.

That being said, don't you think we're kind of making too big of a deal about where the guitar is being made? I mean, if the guitar is made from quality wood, quality hardware, and assembled with tight tolerances, has outstanding playability, and is durable, isn't that what really matters?

I completely understand the arguement that someone could be upset that the company is leading one to believe that the product is manufactured here in America, but it is actually being produced partially, or in whole in another country. The arguement that I reject, is that if the instrument is not touched by American hands throughout the entire manufacturing process, that it is somehow less of an instrument. A good example is Fender back in the 80's. They had a line of Japanese produced guitars that blew away the American line.

I can understand being upset with the guitar is produced in another country if the quality, tone, or playability is suffering for it. I could be way off base here, but it seems to me like what is really upsetting to some people is that the manufacturer would be making more profit if the guitar were actually being produced in another country, and not that the guitar is a piece of crap because of it.

The fact of the matter is, the buyer has an opportunity to decide whether or not to purchase the intrument based on the quality, tone, and playability. If you go to the guitar shop and decide that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread after playing it for a couple hours, then it shouldn't really matter where it's made.

Now, there is the arguement that, for $3100, I expect my guitar to be made in the U.S.A., and support American workers, and not line the pockets of a greedy corporation. Hey, if that's how you feel, that's great. You have to make your own personal choices, but it is what it is. If you want that guitar, you either have to accept it or not.

My stance on the Wolfgang is that it's overpriced for what it is, regardless of where it is made. I would purchase a Music Man for less money, and get better quality IMO. The new Wolf is trying to compete in the PRS price range, and it's just not as much of a guitar.
    nice. strong post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post
    yep. what's more, what's the difference between a guitar being built by mexicans in california or mexicans in mexico when the factory is down the street and within eye-sight of the border?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.