Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default The Brown Noser Thread

I thought it would be funny to have a brown noser thread. Brown nose the builder of your favourite custom or not-so-custom axe right here. The browner, the better. After all- we're all about brown sound, right?

By the way- this is the bestest, funniest, most dignified, sexiest and smartest forum for guitars EV-ER!!!!
    Dammit!!! I still smell like cotton candy!!!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

wheres Echo?
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

hehe I'll bite.

I have already promoted who I think is an exceptional builder.
    I personally know what a stand up dude he is so I offer that as info for people who may need work done. You can count on Ron. There is no bs or hassle associated with dealing with him. He backs his work up 100%. Thats a good thing to know when selecting a stranger off the internet to do work for you. I felt compelled to chime in on it for the benefit of others looking for the products/services he provides.

Thats the one thing that kept me from getting work like this done in the past. Not knowing who does exceptional work and is totally trustworthy. I didn't want to get ripped off or get an expensive decoration that plays like crap. I was there before, not knowing who to go with so I'm passing along my experience and endorsement.

I think some people get offended by my strong words and enthusiasm. I don't say what I say to disrespect anyone else. His work is exceptional and you can count on him 100%. People should know about it from customers who know first hand. I'm also in the clouds over how amazing the guitar I have is. I don't see that as brown nosing but I offer it here so people who are looking consider him as an option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

3 guys I always see doing GREAT work. One of which I can see first hand how good his work is.

The one who I know first hand how good his work is is Divebomb.

Then there are scottfletcher and Ron.

I will post more about these guys later when I have more time, I just wanted to list the 3 I think are AWESOME.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Eruption
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 70 Posts

Personally I wouldn't hesitate to buy from any of the builders on this site. Whether it's Dino, Kyle, Ron, Alain or Scott, they are ALL talented builders with proven track records!

How's that for brown nosing?
    WGAF?!!

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Keep perfecting your perfect shade of brown on your noses, people!!!

You are the smartest, nicest, neato-est forum people EV-ER!!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dino did a hellva job on bringing my Joe Satriani guitar back to life. I really have no need to even state this, BUT i feel rather, just show you instead...

The Damage:

Repairing the body (look at all of the crap that was taken off in the background!)

And after getting all the parts needed to finish her off:

Before/after:
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Red43j View Post
    dino did a hellva job on bringing my Joe Satriani guitar back to life. I really have no need to even state this, BUT i feel rather, just show you instead...

The Damage:

Repairing the body (look at all of the crap that was taken off in the background!)

And after getting all the parts needed to finish her off:

Before/after:
    Beautiful work! How did that quarter get stuck there to begin with!? Just kidding. Looks perfect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 152 Times in 87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyman View Post
    I thought it would be funny to have a brown noser thread. Brown nose the builder of your favourite custom or not-so-custom axe right here. The browner, the better. After all- we're all about brown sound, right?

By the way- this is the bestest, funniest, most dignified, sexiest and smartest forum for guitars EV-ER!!!!
    Hi, I haven't been fortunate enough to have any guitars built by the luthiers that frequent this site...However I have asked for assistance from 2 of the guys here and they couldn't have been more helpful...Dino gave me advice about a finish question and Ron gave a paint recommendation..truly great people...this is easily the best forum I've seen on the 'net, hands down..
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    Hi, I haven't been fortunate enough to have any guitars built by the luthiers that frequent this site...However I have asked for assistance from 2 of the guys here and they couldn't have been more helpful...Dino gave me advice about a finish question and Ron gave a paint recommendation..truly great people...this is easily the best forum I've seen on the 'net, hands down..
    While the ReRanch forum is probably one of the best resources for finishing, few luthiers hang out there. Here, we have several. This is where we are truly blessed. And unlike ReRanch where they talk almost exclusively nitro, we talk several different finish media.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the ReRanch forum, I just love here better.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post
    Beautiful work! How did that quarter get stuck there to begin with!? Just kidding. Looks perfect.
    I dunno if you can really tell-
    But AFTER I got the guitar back, something just didn't feel right. after doing some investigating, I realized that this guitar had been gutted for all of the good parts. It had generic Ibanez PU's in it, and a shit Ibanez LO TRS II trem on it. Its not supposed to have EITHER of those! I was faced with the dilemma of either selling it, or buying the parts its supposed to have and restore. I pulled the trigger, as hard as it was to see myself doing, and I'm glad I did. My Satch is the guitar I play almost all the time! The pic of the Satch in the hallway (Its the first pic you see of it finished) has all of the parts on it that it should. I went the extra mile and went all chrome on the parts. Dimarzio chrometops, bought new Gothoh Chrome tuners, Edge Pro I got chromed...I love how it looks now. ;-)
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brown Nose contribution from yours truly:

I am playing Cotton Candy right now, and she is growing on me by leaps and bounds. I have always loved her tone unplugged (being that she has a '58 neck profile and woody mahogany body), but she has grown on me even more. Futhermore, I think Jamie's body is going into a fire this weekend (though I am keeping that sweet, sweet neck), which makes CC the go-to axe.

USACG and Warmoth: I sing my praises for you. Jimmy Gravity's shoppe made her possible. Jimmy Gravity: you are a GOD.