Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Default My first un-modded Strat!

First off, I've always been a humbucker guy. Like a lot of people I've got a couple Strats, but they are loaded with humbuckers and Floyd Roses (and I love 'em both) But I've had a bug up my ass for a while now to get a standard s/s/s Strat. I've seen lots of players get killer tone out of 'em, but whenever I'd play one, it would just sound too jangly and twangy for me. But I want to expand my horizons, so I went and bought one this weekend. It's the Roadhouse series. It's white with tortoise reddish brown pickguard. Always was my favorite color combo. It's this one.

http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=0139312380

I love the neck on this thing. It's the perfect shape for me and it plays effortlessly. From what I can tell, it's just one piece of maple, without a seperate fingerboard. All the Strats at the store were set up with the tremblo floating. I fixed that first thing. Now it stays in tune.
    So when I plugged it into my Marshall stack, it's a shock at just how different it sounds than any of my other guitars. But that was the point, so I just got to fucking around with different pickup combinations and stuff and I've got to say I'm really diggin' it. You can get some really pretty sounds out of it. The clean sound is pretty flawless. And even when the amp is on a dirty channel, it still almost sounds clean, with just a little dirt on it. And, not being able to just chugg away on a heavy riff and wank around with a Floyd Rose is forcing to actually play something that sounds good all by itself. I think it'll make me a better player by making me get "out of the box" that I normally play in.
    So, any other(un-modded) Strat guys around here?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.12.11 @ 01:51 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

the one you bought looks very very nice dude, i like it better then the standard sunburst or black strats this one stands out a little
    i have a strat copy wich i repainted and i installed a killswitch but besides that its all standard and i still dig it even with the few issues it has (mainly the set up)
    and yea buying another sort of guitar really makes you play different stuff and really boosts your playing as well, i bought an ibanez iceman a few weeks ago and been playing a lot more technical stuff so thats great

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congrats man..Strats are my favorite guitars..

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Thanks for the comments. I'm definately glad I got it. I always kind of felt like it was "cheating" by throwing humbuckers in a Strat. Plus all my other guitars have Floyd Roses, which is great, but I did want a non Floyd guitar . That way I can tune on the fly, etc. I really haven't put the thing down since getting it. I still think a Fender Strat is the sexiest looking axe out there, whether it's shiny and new or old and beat to shit.