No controversy there:

http://www.bestofwny.com/nightlife/
    Little Dreamer

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.05.10 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice.

'Heavy Metal?'...now that's interesting!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

not a bad interview.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

Oh come on! We gotta stir up a little shit! How about him comparing himself and Joe to some of the greatest song writing duos ever! I'm outraged!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:58 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

Good interview! It didn't drag up too much mud. Sounds like there is a DVD in the works.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by brownnation View Post
    Oh come on! We gotta stir up a little shit! How about him comparing himself and Joe to some of the greatest song writing duos ever! I'm outraged!
    ha! yeah that part was pretty funny.

I'm just impressed he made it through the whole fucking interview and only used Ed's name once, when he was comparing Joe/Sam to Ed/Sam.

I don't agree at all with him on any of his comparisons but hey, no one will ever accuse Sam Hagar of lacking self esteem!
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Great interview! And the guy didn't ask about Van Halen. Finally an interviewer, sorry to quote Ed, that GETS IT!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Jeez...my head hurts from trying to read that. And Sam, Bourdain's show is on the Travel Channel, not the Food Network.

All in all, a very positive and enthusiastic interview. And the DVD sounds intriguing.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Yeah it's really funny to hear Sam comparing his songwriting to him and Ed's.
    He probably means that beacause of all the Hits on the album.

Well he did say CF was 10x VH, maybe he had too many drinks again.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.05.10 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ED-A-HOLIC View Post
    Well he did say CF was 10x VH, maybe he had too many drinks again.
    Maybe he was referring to guitar players that behaved crappy while drunk.
    If that's the case then Sam is dead on.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    Maybe he was referring to guitar players that behaved crappy while drunk.
    If that's the case then Sam is dead on.
    so you think Joe S. is 10x as crappy as Ed when drunk?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    so you think Joe S. is 10x as crappy as Ed when drunk?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

and there's a link to an older 2008 interview with Joe...

Ross CAT- I would be off my Rock Rapport Rocker if I didn’t try to pump you for some info on what’s going on with SAMMY, MIKE and CHAD on the highly anticipated project tentatively and thankfully known as CHICKENFOOT.
    SATCH- Yeah I guess I’d have to say I’m surprised at how people are jumping all over this thing but I guess I shouldn’t be. We had spent some time playing together on stage and we really clicked as a band. SAMMY and I have written 2 albums worth of material already and we will be heading into my studio to polish up the arrangements in a few days.
    Needless to say it’s a really high energy band as you can imagine; SAMMY alone is a volcano ready to erupt at any time and MIKE and CHAD are always ready to jump in.
    It’s been a fantastic few months for me on so many levels especially having a specific band to write music for, they are a bunch of talented guys who really just want to Rock Hard.
    I know SAMMY took some heat for a comment that was taken just a little to serious when he compared this band to LED ZEPPELIN. As a musician when your influenced by bands like ZEPPELIN and JIMI HENDRIX and you’ve played with bands like VAN HALEN and the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS it’s interesting to see where you go when you step outside of that. This project is a musical release, its given us a uniquely creative outlet which has generated a combustible intensity that is very exciting. I’m looking forward to finally getting this thing down on tape as they say.

Ross CAT- So this collaboration will definitely result in a new record, will we see this prolific group take the new material out on the road in 2009?
    SATCH- Yeah everything seems to be on schedule to have a record out before the end of the year. As far as touring goes, that really was the ultimate goal when we started jamming together. SAMMY keeps saying “this is a stadium band so let’s not think about anything else”. SAMMY has a personal energy that is so huge that he can take a song and just blow it up. Besides having an absolutely amazing Rock ‘n’ Roll voice there is a incomparable quality about SAMMY’S live performances. He touches people with his contagious spirit, personally I can’t wait to be a part of that raw energy and enthusiasm on stage.

Ross CAT- Have you come up with a permanent name for the band yet? Last report on the Rock Wire was that it was going to be called “Blue Mercury”.
    SATCH- Really I haven’t heard that one yet. There are a bunch of names floating around amongst us and they are all very secret. What I can tell you is that it won’t be called CHICKENFOOT.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    and there's a link to an older 2008 interview with Joe...

Ross CAT- I would be off my Rock Rapport Rocker if I didn’t try to pump you for some info on what’s going on with SAMMY, MIKE and CHAD on the highly anticipated project tentatively and thankfully known as CHICKENFOOT.
    SATCH- Yeah I guess I’d have to say I’m surprised at how people are jumping all over this thing but I guess I shouldn’t be. We had spent some time playing together on stage and we really clicked as a band. SAMMY and I have written 2 albums worth of material already and we will be heading into my studio to polish up the arrangements in a few days.
    Needless to say it’s a really high energy band as you can imagine; SAMMY alone is a volcano ready to erupt at any time and MIKE and CHAD are always ready to jump in.
    It’s been a fantastic few months for me on so many levels especially having a specific band to write music for, they are a bunch of talented guys who really just want to Rock Hard.
    I know SAMMY took some heat for a comment that was taken just a little to serious when he compared this band to LED ZEPPELIN. As a musician when your influenced by bands like ZEPPELIN and JIMI HENDRIX and you’ve played with bands like VAN HALEN and the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS it’s interesting to see where you go when you step outside of that. This project is a musical release, its given us a uniquely creative outlet which has generated a combustible intensity that is very exciting. I’m looking forward to finally getting this thing down on tape as they say.

Ross CAT- So this collaboration will definitely result in a new record, will we see this prolific group take the new material out on the road in 2009?
    SATCH- Yeah everything seems to be on schedule to have a record out before the end of the year. As far as touring goes, that really was the ultimate goal when we started jamming together. SAMMY keeps saying “this is a stadium band so let’s not think about anything else”. SAMMY has a personal energy that is so huge that he can take a song and just blow it up. Besides having an absolutely amazing Rock ‘n’ Roll voice there is a incomparable quality about SAMMY’S live performances. He touches people with his contagious spirit, personally I can’t wait to be a part of that raw energy and enthusiasm on stage.

Ross CAT- Have you come up with a permanent name for the band yet? Last report on the Rock Wire was that it was going to be called “Blue Mercury”.
    SATCH- Really I haven’t heard that one yet. There are a bunch of names floating around amongst us and they are all very secret. What I can tell you is that it won’t be called CHICKENFOOT.
    SAMMY and I have written 2 albums worth of material already and we will be heading into my studio to polish up the arrangements in a few days.
    Nice to hear a guy say that knowing fully well it isn't BULLSHIT for a change.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sinner's swing View Post
    Actually let's be honest, it's a stupid post in the long line of pointless posts, but if you must ....................Joe is more than likely 10x as good drunk than little eddie !! Joe is untouchable because he is sober