Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Yet another PETA Thread...

PETA "Save the Whales" Fat Women the Target

PETA rips on fat women, showing an overweight gal on a billboard in a bikini with the tag PETA "Save the whales" and lose the blubber, Go vegetarian. The easy message is aimed at fat women, slamming the overweight gals in what many are saying is rude. Like our well built gal to the right, PETA claims the vegetarians are "20 to 30 percent leaner" on the average than are people who eat meat.

In a press release, PETA stated: A new PETA billboard campaign that was just launched in Jacksonville reminds people who are struggling to lose weight -- and who want to have enough energy to chase a beach ball -- that going vegetarian can be an effective way to shed those extra pounds that keep them from looking good in a bikini.

Anyone wishing to achieve a hot "beach bod" is reminded that studies show that vegetarians are, on average, about 10 to 20 pounds lighter than meat-eaters.

"Trying to hide your thunder thighs and balloon belly is no day at the beach," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "PETA has a free 'Vegetarian Starter Kit' for people who want to lose pounds while eating as much as they like.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video0...w.foxnews.com/

PETA is known for its attention-grabbing tactics involving scantily clad-women, like this veggie dog eat-in on Capitol Hill that involved playboy playmates wearing only lettuce bikinis.

When asked to comment on the charges that the ad is sexist and mocking of overweight people, Ashley Byrne, a senior campaigner for PETA stated, "Our goal is help overweight Jacksonville residents - the best way to do that is to go vegetarian. We're not trying to insult anyone. Vegetarians look and feel better than meat eaters. This is a life-saving message."

When asked specifically if the billboard shames overweight people, Byrne stated, "If the billboard is shocking, hopefully it will gets people's attention, and help them improve quality of life for themselves and their families.... it's designed to help people."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

When asked specifically if the billboard shames overweight people, Byrne stated, "If the billboard is shocking, hopefully it will gets people's attention, and help them improve quality of life for themselves and their families.... it's designed to help people."
    Yes, history has proven that insulting your target audience is a proven manner in which to not only influence their judgment, but to actually make them agree with your point of view. It's sort of perversely amusing to see that an organization can be so wrong on such a consistent basis.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

PETA is making me not love animals.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I wish we could shoot a few of these fuckers and feed them to bears....
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:46 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

The new meaning for PETA (in my mind)...

People that Eat Tasty Animals

Great way for tree huggers to get people to go veggie
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

How Now Brown Sound
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 341 Times in 192 Posts

Eating vegetarian is healty.
    Eating vegetarians is delicious.

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I never understand why people get so upset with PETA?

All they are trying to do is raise awareness. What do you care if they have an insulting Billboard? I'm a fat guy. I thought it was hilarious.

PETA is an excellent organization who are very good at what they do. Animals are our pals. They are abused severley in this country. I bet most of you were outraged when you heard about Michael Vick's dog abuse story.

PETA sometimes go to far, and aren't very realistic in their demands, but so what?
    I still eat meat. I still believe in hunting/fishing.

But to me, there is nothing worse than some fuck head abusing a poor animal and I am glad there are organizations like PETA who'll do something about it.
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 4,795 Times in 2,447 Posts

Premium Member

Here is my fundamental flaw with groups as PETA. I believe in evolution (don't know if it was a fluke chance or God helped with it) so I look at us dominating the animal kingdom as a part of natural selection. No different than a lion on the safari or a T Rex millions of years ago, we evolved with our brains which has allowed us to overcome physical limitations. For the moment, we won. Maybe in a hundred years we all die from a nuclear war and the cockroaches can take over.

Now I don't think we need to be spraying gasoline into a rabbits eyes to see if its going to go blind but we shouldn't feel bad eating meat. Sure we are overweight but that probably is a better thing to have than starving.

Honestly I wish we could send every member of PETA up to Alaska. Have them live in harmony with Grizzly bears and see what happens.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE MARD View Post
    I never understand why people get so upset with PETA?

All they are trying to do is raise awareness. What do you care if they have an insulting Billboard? I'm a fat guy. I thought it was hilarious.

PETA is an excellent organization who are very good at what they do. Animals are our pals. They are abused severley in this country. I bet most of you were outraged when you heard about Michael Vick's dog abuse story.

PETA sometimes go to far, and aren't very realistic in their demands, but so what?
    I still eat meat. I still believe in hunting/fishing.

But to me, there is nothing worse than some fuck head abusing a poor animal and I am glad there are organizations like PETA who'll do something about it.
    Hey, I hear you loud and clear on all points. It just seems sort of silly to me how PETA allows the medium to distort the message. Handing out some offensive "Un-Happy" meals to children as they exit a McDonalds simply isn't the way to influence the target audience, and as a result it ends up alienating more people than it enlightens. I mean come on...isn't enlightenment the ultimate goal in all of this?

In fact, you proved it yourself by stating the message failed upon you. While you agree with the sentiment that torturing animals is wrong, it did not inspire you in any way, shape or form to act upon it. And that in and of itself is evidence of the total futility of this sort of dissemination.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Here is my fundamental flaw with groups as PETA. I believe in evolution (don't know if it was a fluke chance or God helped with it) so I look at us dominating the animal kingdom as a part of natural selection. No different than a lion on the safari or a T Rex millions of years ago, we evolved with our brains which has allowed us to overcome physical limitations. For the moment, we won. Maybe in a hundred years we all die from a nuclear war and the cockroaches can take over.

Now I don't think we need to be spraying gasoline into a rabbits eyes to see if its going to go blind but we shouldn't feel bad eating meat. Sure we are overweight but that probably is a better thing to have than starving.

Honestly I wish we could send every member of PETA up to Alaska. Have them live in harmony with Grizzly bears and see what happens.

First off, the ad is funny.

As for your comments, I agree, we are the top of the food chain and we have evolved with our brains that have allowed us to overcome physical limitations. Carrying that out, as Einstein once said, we can not take the next step in evolution until we shed our need to eat meat and continue to nurse on milk.

I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan. I have very mixed feelings about it and it's something I struggle with internally a lot. On the one hand I think eating meat is a very natural thing. In this respect I take the native approach. As I'm preparing meat, as I season it and trim the fat etc, I will do what the slaughterhouses and processing plants most certainly did not. I thank the animal for making such a sacrifice for my enjoyment and nurishment. It's a sacred thing, to eat meat.

On the other hand, I think that part of our evolution is an ability to choose. We have all the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to create a completely vegan diet. I do think that a completely vegan diet is more healthy, both in terms of physical health as well as perhaps existential/psychic health. I could be wrong.

So like I said, I'm torn. Often times, I think my life is heading in a vegan direction, other times, not so much.

I tell you one thing, I am fascinated by the fact that humans insist on drinking milk beyond their infancy. Other animals stop drinking milk from their mother. We stop and then drink the milk of other species...yet, the thought of drinking HUMAN milk as an adult is disgusting.

That is blindingly retarded to me. How is it that drinking milk from OUR OWN SPECIES is gross but harvesting milk from cows and goats makes perfect sense?

Hell, how is that drinking milk beyond the time we should have weaned makes any sense at all?

Now, as for PETA, I think they're a bunch of self-righteous assholes for the most part.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Premium Member

I don't drink milk and agree with your assessment about our current fascination with drinking other animals milk. Then again I don't understand stretching before running. I have yet to see a dog pull a hammy when running to ringing doorbell or a cheetah pull up lame when hunting gazelle's.

Personally I look at eating meat to be a freedom of choice that shouldn't be taken away nor should I feel bad eating it. Just like I don't care if somebody wants to light a blunt, some freaking Vegan should mind their business and let me enjoy my steak.

Unfortunately if PETA had their way, they would want to take away the right of me eating what I want.

I have yet to eat any vegetable or fruit that comes within a mile of tasting as good as a steak on grill.

Hopefully in BrokenLand, I can still eat steak. I wonder if plants can feel pain when their stalks are being ripped open to make hemp shirts?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I don't drink milk and agree with your assessment about our current fascination with drinking other animals milk. Then again I don't understand stretching before running. I have yet to see a dog pull a hammy when running to ringing doorbell or a cheetah pull up lame when hunting gazelle's.

Personally I look at eating meat to be a freedom of choice that shouldn't be taken away nor should I feel bad eating it. Just like I don't care if somebody wants to light a blunt, some freaking Vegan should mind their business and let me enjoy my steak.

Unfortunately if PETA had their way, they would want to take away the right of me eating what I want.

I have yet to eat any vegetable or fruit that comes within a mile of tasting as good as a steak on grill.

Hopefully in BrokenLand, I can still eat steak. I wonder if plants can feel pain when their stalks are being ripped open to make hemp shirts?
    Oh I absolutely agree with you that eating meat or not eating meat should a be a personal choice. What makes sense for someone may not make sense for another. Being a vegan is a choice that person makes. Eating meat is another choice someone else makes.

My only hope is that those making the choice to eat meat, just as I do, take a moment to just put in context what's going on. An animal died so I could eat a cheeseburger. An animal died so I could have a nice pot roast or a chicken sandwich. I don't think that should be taken lightly.

I don't think we need to hold some fucking prayer vigile everytime we drive through Jack in the Box but I do think it's something that we should consider at various points throughout our lives.

I remember talking to a dear friend, a Yaqui Indian, about eating meat and I was explaining to him my aversion to preparing the meat myself. I told how grossed out I get when handling raw chicken and beef. How it sickens me and then I lose my appetite.

He asked me "do you talk to the meat? Do you thank the animal? What is so disgusting about the flesh you are about to consume?" He said I wasn't making peace with the circle of life and death. He explained that whenever he prepares chicken he massages the meat, he talks to the meat and he thanks the chicken. He went on to say, "look, this fucking chicken didn't even CHOOSE to die for me. I didn't even kill it myself. No, this chicken was raised to die to be eaten. I have to honour that and thank him because his whole life is rooted in a sacrifice for my nourishment."

That really hit home with me. I've started to do that and I can say that I can now clean and prepare chicken. I can cook meat. You guys may think this is the most retarded thing ever but it's what I do. It's not an every day thing. Like I said, I don't light a candle leaving McDonald's, but, particularly when I'm cooking dinner and I pull the meat out, I sort of meditate on the fact that this animal used to be alive in this physical world and now I'm going to consume his flesh for my enjoyment and nourishment. A simple thank you is the LEAST I can do.

Now, this is my thing. I don't expect everyone to adopt it and roll like I do, I'm just describing how I reconcile eating meat. It works for me.

BrokenLand wouldnt have any laws in place preventing people from eating meat but I think, culturally, I would try to cultivate a honour, respect and appreciation for all species of life.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:46 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

B9500 - have you ever tasted "human milk"?? Ugggggh - not only does it smell, it tastes pretty bad. For some reason my 6 month old boy loves it. I think its got something to do with latching on mommy's boob.
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
    B9500 - have you ever tasted "human milk"?? Ugggggh - not only does it smell, it tastes pretty bad. For some reason my 6 month old boy loves it. I think its got something to do with latching on mommy's boob.
    well, to be true, cow milk smells, looks and tastes like shit too until it's processed.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Premium Member

Broken once again you have enlightened me.

All this time I have been choking the chicken instead of talking to the chicken.

I used to hunt so I respect nature. I look down on my leather shoes and belt and know that some cow had to die for such a worthless cause. However look at me. I am born here, going to work until 65 and then die. For what? I am just a number amongst many in the cycle of life. At least a chicken was able to provide 5 minutes of enjoyment to some fat kid as a Spicy Chicken sandwich at Wendy's. That is more than I probably will accomplish in my life outside of being an EVH apologist.