Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Default Fantasy NBA 2009/10...bring it

We have room for one more person to sign up! Send me a pm ASAP. I'll edit this post when it's full.

The best game and the best thread ever will begin now.

I'm going to copy the first post of last year, and add revisions as necessary.

I'll try to encapsulate as much in to one post here as possible for future reference regarding the league and the rules.

Access to last years page can be had here http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.c...8/8073/rosters

First, the teams: I'm not aware of any pussy quitters except two with Brew and his brother. Let me know if you're not in though.

That makes room for fresh meat. SNIC is already in.

We have: myself, SNIC, Wruff, Menlow, Panama Dog, It's me, Brett, Scotty5150 and jrk5150. A 9 team squad so far. Need one more

The Format:

This league will be head to head (same as prior years), meaning that your team will play a different opponent every week. We cycle through and play each other about 3 times eacg. In the past, we have competed in the following scoring categories: FGM (field goals made), FG%, FTM (free throws made), FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK. Each category won is considered one point. The weeks winners are determined by how many categories you win/lose. I'm considering another category to add to make it an odd number which lessens the chance of a tie, again. I didn't add it last year, but I think we're doing 3PT% this year.

We'll compete with the following roster positions: (same as last year): PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN (Util= utility and can be any NBA position, BN= Bench and does not count towards the days stats ie if a player is assigned to the bench, even if they are playing that night, they are not active and accumulating towards your score).

45 moves allowed again. Trades and injured reserve players don't count towards your moves for the season (more on injuries later).

The Draft!:

This is one of the funnest parts of the season for me. This year is going to just rock.

I don't know the format yet. Live draft vs. offline. I'd prefer live of course, but time zones etc can be a challenge. Let's say we'll make every attempt at live, but I know the offline works too. Draft day lets say will be early/mid October and I'll keep you posted on date/time. We did live last year and it ruled. An hour and done.

This is a keeper league. Same as before, keeping 4. Returnees, you should know your picks, but if not, make them. I'll collect and post in one post later on so we know who's in the pool and who's already taken

The draft will be a "snake" style draft starting at 1, going through 10, then 10 again and back to 1. Repeat 14 times.

The rules:

Standard rules of the league will be displayed under the league settings page on the Yahoo! site. I do have some additions though that are not listed there:

1. ACTIVE PARTICIPATION- Basically, this is a big boy league. I expect that this be an active, interactive and competitive league. I don't care if you have a good team or a bad team or what your rank is, but I do care about you playing your best. That means basically updating your roster on a weekly (or so) basis, responding to trade requests within a reasonable amount of time, taking care of injured players etc. It's lame when somebody disappears for a week and doesn't update their roster, letting their opponent have an easy win (which affects everything including final standings, playoff rankings etc) and then comes back the next week and updates just to smoke the next guy. It's not fair. Basically, the more participation we have, the funner the league is for everybody. This has always been an active league so I'd have no reason to suspect that it won't continue to be. I just want to put that out there. If you end up in last place, I'd expect you to not pick up your ball and go home. (Again, I copied this from last year. Given the core we have here, I really don't see this as an issue at all)

2. The injured list- It's going to be as simple as this: If you have a player go down and he missed playing time in 3 consecutive games or more, you can drop that player, have them be protected (nobody can pick them up), pick up another player to replace them until he heals and pick him back up at that time. As long as we have rule #1 followed, this will never be a problem.If he's protected, he's protected until you want to pick him back up. If he's been back for a while and you haven't picked him up, I may send you a note asking you to shit or get off the pot, but he's your guy.

As far as injuries going in to the season start, we had some confusion on this last year- If a player is out prior to the season due to injury OR suspension, he can go on IR if you know he'll miss games. I don't care if it's one game or 10, he can go on IR and you can pick up another player until he's back to help fill the void in your active roster. Period. No more discussion on that.

4. Disputes/challenges go through me. I'll mediate if necessary. Doubt it will be. If you guys don't like the way something is done, bring it up by all means

5. Keepers- Deadline for deciding on your keepers will be let's say ASAP, but no later than mid September ish. Figure it out. It's not hard.

6. Trade deadline- It'll be as early as I can set it. I don't want teams with shoddy records cashing it in and giving up early and targeting keepers for the next year. Nothing wrong with that of course, not against the rules or anything, it just seems to take some purity out of it.

7. Trading- No trades this year prior to the draft. No trading of draft positions or any of that. Back to basics here. Select your keepers, draft your team, then let the trading begin.

8. New teams- New guys get to pick their 4 keepers via somewhat of a mini draft... basically, we'll flip a coin kind of thing to see who goes first, and all available players are eligible. We'll alternate accordingly until the 4 are picked (Pool will include players from both Brew and his brothers team). They will also get the first and second picks of the live draft.

Let's roll you bitches. For now, Menlow is King of this shit. I aim to change that this year, and I'm rolling hard. Wruff can continue to dream. The rest of you, please try to find your way out of mediocreville.

Game on
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:13 PM
    Liked 11,549 Times in 4,920 Posts

Who quit? Brew I guess and his bro huh? Oh I just saw....fags. Someone talk that girl OLO into playing again this year.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:14 PM
    Liked 787 Times in 378 Posts

Premium Member

There can be only one

Welcome SNIC.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Fag.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Whatever 9th place. You're gonna have to speak up. I can't hear you all the way down there. Hope you don't get swept by the Reamers again.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Yeah kinda how I felt about you two years ago....weren't you in last though?
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Finished 7th in my first year actually. 2nd place last year. 1st place this year, naturally.

Haha I can hear you 10 years from now still sucking and still comparing yourself to my rookie season. What a homo.

Can't wait to see your redeem team on draft night this year. lol

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

In 10 years Wruff if this web site still exists and I'm still here, please kill me. And if you're still here, kill yourself next.

My second year I finished 2nd too. BFD you dumb girl. You're the first place loser, congratulations.

7th/9th/last/2nd/3rd, they all suck. Winning is all that matters. Talk to me when you win. Only Seen and Menlow have anything to be proud of or gloat about homo.

My draft was fine last year, I did better with a worse team the year before. If you stay healthy you win, it's pretty freaking simple. It's not rocket science dumbo.

Drafting for fantasy football, that actually takes skill and knowledge...fantasy basketball has too many, too many stats, too many games to make the draft that big of a deal. It just isn't.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Only Seen and Menlow have anything to be proud of or gloat about homo.
    And Guitar Shark, but he bailed.

As for me, I'm not much for gloating.

It's not rocket science dumbo.

Drafting for fantasy football, that actually takes skill and knowledge...fantasy basketball has too many, too many stats, too many games to make the draft that big of a deal. It just isn't.
    I put a lot of thought in to this stuff. A lot of tinkering, a lot of studying. I've never finished with less than a trophy of 1st, 2nd or 3rd, in any league, since my first in 2003 or 4. I'm guaranteeing the same this year. There is most certainly a logic or talent to it that can not be denied. You can actually be consistently good with this if you get down with it. Skill and knowledge are exactly what it takes to create a solid fantasy basketball team. I don't see the difference between this and football. Not in the least.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    In 10 years Wruff if this web site still exists and I'm still here, please kill me. And if you're still here, kill yourself next.

My second year I finished 2nd too. BFD you dumb girl. You're the first place loser, congratulations.

7th/9th/last/2nd/3rd, they all suck. Winning is all that matters. Talk to me when you win. Only Seen and Menlow have anything to be proud of or gloat about homo.

My draft was fine last year, I did better with a worse team the year before. If you stay healthy you win, it's pretty freaking simple. It's not rocket science dumbo.
    You're right. Drafting TMac definetely wasn't rocket science. I think that's the last anyone heard of the Stiffs last year.

Haha we go through this every year. I didn't say anything about 2nd place you dope. You started with comparing yourself to the Reamers first season again. Wish you'd stop that already. Hold yourself to a higher standard than a first year owner. Shit didn't I sweep you that year too? Have you ever beaten the Reamers?
    Don't cry to me about sucking last year.

Health. I went on a 8 week winning streak last season. Then my team was decimated with injury. Struggled for many weeks to the finish. Still went to the finals with a roster loaded with waiver trash and still competed. Health is great while it lasts, but no one stays healthy.
    It's about managing your team. Shit Brett you had like 4 waiver moves all season last year. lol

And yes I'll probably win the title this year. Seenbad wishes but he's dreaming.

Speaking of dreamers, where's the draft gyro?

Actually Scotty should win it all, but that's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    In 10 years Wruff if this web site still exists and I'm still here, please kill me.
    You'll kill yourself long before then from losing to the Reamers all the time. Surprised you've survived this long.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Yeah Wruff drating TMac was the reason I lost last year. No team had even close to the amount of injuries I had, it's not even up for discussion. I must have lost 300 games due to injuries. Like I said, I had a better team last year than the one I got to the Finals with. So whatever homo. I wasn't happy with what I had when I drafted, but statistically far better than I had the previous year.

Have I ever beaten you? You were very quiet a few years ago when you were sucking and yes I destroyed you twice and enjoyed it. It's good that you have a short memory, it probably makes living with all the losing you witiness as a fan easier. Denial is better than reality.

I will enjoy bouncing back this year and fucking beating you...I will get no greater pleasure. Even the Lakers beating your little girls will pale in comparison....FUCKING PALE!!
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Now that's the spirit.

Grr. Wruff!

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

I'm ready to defend the title, boys.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:44 PM
    Liked 536 Times in 320 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

We capping games this year? Does Yahoo offer that?

I thought we agreed to check it out to see if it can be done automatically. I just think that's a huge issue. It worked in my favor last year during the regular season, big time, but I still would rather play on an even field.