Register
Save
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.03.07 @ 07:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.playboy.com/arts-entertai...eunion/03.html
    Check it out for an interesting article and video about a VH reunion.

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

07.14.15 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Living proof that men only read Playboy for the articles!!

NOT!!!!

------------------
    VHLinks.com Graphics Guru
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com
    "I'm just a punk kid who plays guitar" =EVH=

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the link....interesting stuff.
    Plus I always read that mag for the articles too

------------------

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey TT you beat me to it
    Great minds think alike!!

------------------

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

04.12.16 @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts

Like I really needed another reason to go to that site...

Thanks Scott!

------------------
    "..Stare at disbelief at me when I just up and walk, OUTTA LOVE!"--DLR, Outta Love Again

"That's the thing about self-improvement. Don't get me wrong, I plan to get some soon"
    --DLR, Can't Get This Stuff No More

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

That has to be the first article I've ever read that mentioned Mikey's name before Ed, Alex or Dave. Just thought I'd point out that useless fact.

diamonds4ever
    How about that quote from Tommy Lee that they are recording with Dave already? I would kind of think he might know what he is talking about. Probably more than Sammy since Tommy actually lives in L.A. If you can believe him, it's great news because this was this summer when this quote was taken.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can anyone give me a quick summary of the article? I'm at work, and if I access the Playboy site, the tech-support guys might come rip my computer out of the wall, and then no more links. Scary to even think about.

------------------
    "Eddie jumps!!!"

"I'm a spark on the horizon."

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow! That was the most informative article as of late. Who's the dickhead frome Taproot that said he didn't give a shit? He needs to tap my root so I can blow a surprise in his cereal.

Dave's in! Dave's in!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.22.10 @ 03:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice article !
    Playboy write some cool thoughts !

------------------
    Eddie_italian from Italy --- member of the G4

Listen to VHvault.com L.S.D. &
    Tribute Radio
    Member of The Van Halen Vault
    VHVault.com Inside 5150

DIAMOND MAFIA ... respect the family !

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

09.25.16 @ 07:45 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diamonds4ever:
    How about that quote from Tommy Lee that they are recording with Dave already? I would kind of think he might know what he is talking about. Probably more than Sammy since Tommy actually lives in L.A. If you can believe him, it's great news because this was this summer when this quote was taken.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tommy would probably know also because him and Ed are friends. Or at least I've seen a bunch of pictures with the two.

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

02.09.16 @ 12:37 AM
    Liked 63 Times in 39 Posts

I will tell you one thing, Gary got the shit ripped out of him on the video and in the article. Pantera and VH huh? If Dave makes it back huh? Some of those bands were total asses too. Mocking VH, but I guess it might been in a joking manner. But still, Small time jokers ripping on VH. Interesting stuff though. thanks for the link

------------------
    IS IT VAN ROTH? OR VAN HAGAR? OR VAN CHERONE? NO MOTHERFUCKER IT IS VAN HALEN!!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.06.13 @ 07:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hugh Hefner and Diamond Dave,what a party these guys would throw.Hey if Hugh ever decides to retire he could ask Dave to take his place.Oh ya!!!!

------------------
    DLR at the Us Festival: "We came here tonight to celebrate. Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll!" Sammy Hagar at Monsters of Rock: "Are you Red Rockers ready to get crazy and do the Cabo Wabo?!!"

MichelleWms
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BoHalen:
    Can anyone give me a quick summary of the article? I'm at work, and if I access the Playboy site, the tech-support guys might come rip my computer out of the wall, and then no more links. Scary to even think about.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's the article (you'll have to go there yourself for the video):

Van Halen
    Overview: What reunion? Van Halen didn't break up. True, but as of now the group is without a lead singer after parting ways with mistake-from-the-get-go Gary Cherone, and no one in their right mind is gonna pay $17.95 to hear Michael Anthony sing. Prior to Cherone, the band entertained a reunion with original frontman David Lee Roth before dormant rancor between Diamond Dave and Eddie expressed itself in a big way. That now infamous debacle came shortly after Sammy Hagar quit or was fired -- depending on whom you believe -- from the group. Now, we'd like to believe Eddie isn't stupid enough to hire a fourth lead singer, and there's no way he's stupid enough to mend fences with Cherone. So, that leaves Hagar and Roth. For now, Hagar is busy working on a solo record and has unorthodox conditions for a possible reunion. "The only Van Halen reunion, not now, [but] in the future that I'd ever be interested in would be the Sam and Dave tour," Hagar told All Star News. "I'm dead serious." In the meantime, rumors abound that Diamond Dave is already back in the fold but the Van Halen camp is keeping it on the Q.T., sensing that the reformation could very easily implode once again.

Odds of a Reunion With David Lee Roth: 2-to-1. This version of Van Halen is what the public wants to see, and Van Halen could charge $125 a ticket to make them see it. No amount of spin doctoring will ever make us believe Dave and Eddie have kissed and made up, but so long as they promise not to perform anything from Van Halen III or Roth's solo material, we'll let it slide.

Odds of a Reunion With Sammy Hagar: 8-to-1. Hagar's second go-round on the solo circuit hasn't been the juggernaut that his Cabo Wabo tequila has, so a return to 5150 studios may be in order. He's certainly up for reuniting with Van Halen, especially when the band enters the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in a few years. His conditions, however, for a full-scale reformation seem improbable at best. Diamond Dave and his elephantine ego simply couldn't handle sharing the mike with the Red Rocker in any capacity.

Odds of Reunion With Gary Cherone: 1000-to-1. There's almost as good a chance that Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain will spring to life for a Doors/Nirvana stadium tour than this Freddie Mercury wannabe will return to the fold.

MichelleWms
    And I have a couple of comments on the article.

I, for one, WOULD pay to hear Mikey sing. As long as Eddie and Al were backing him up. At this point, my grandpa could sing for them, I'd pay to see it. Just bring it on already! After all the medical problems and what-not are taken care of, of course.

No DLR solo material on tour? Why not? There's at least a couple of tunes I think they could pull off quite nicely. "Damn Good" could be very interestingly done.

Why do they say "Freddie Mercury wannabe" like that's a bad thing?