Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One/SGMAD/Mean Street
    Last Online

08.23.15 @ 12:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Now this is how they should do it.

Now this is how they should do it. I donít care if they have to get in bed with Walmart or Best Buy or anybody else. Just give the fans what they want. If Eddie loves his fans as much as he says he does, then he should want to do something like this. Not because VH owes us anything but because they should want to do this for us.

Maybe the full length concert DVD they were going to put out didnít come out so good. But Iíll bet at least a few songs did. Along with a full album of new material, they could include those gems like KISS is planning as a mini bonus concert DVD. I donít however think it would be a good idea to try to record some old classics over again. There is no way they could ever improve on those recordings. But I wouldnít be surprised if they did, if for no other reason than to try to totally erase Mikeyís memory. You know thatíll never happen.

KISS GO BOOM:
    Kiss and Walmart announced today that Sonic Boom-the band's highly anticipated CD, and its first new material in 11 years-will be sold in the U.S. and Canada exclusively at Walmart, Walmart.com and Sam's Club retail locations beginning October 6. Sonic Boom, produced by the band's Paul Stanley in Los Angeles, is the centerpiece of a three-disc set that also features a completely re-recorded greatest hits CD as well as a live DVD shot in Argentina during the band's recent, record-breaking Kiss Alive 35 South American tour. The CD set will retail for $12, with pre-orders starting in September on Walmart.com.

Sonic Boom CD Track Listing: 1. Modern Day Delilah 2. Russian Roulette 3. Never Enough 4. Yes I Know (Nobody's Perfect) 5. Stand 6. Hot And Cold 7. All For The Glory 8. Danger Us 9. I'm An Animal 10. When Lightning Strikes 11. Say Yeah.
    Produced by Paul Stanley / Co-produced by Greg Collins.

Kiss Klassics CD Track Listing: 1. Deuce 2. Detroit Rock City 3. Shout It Out Loud 4. Hotter Than Hell 5. Calling Dr. Love 6. Love Gun 7. I Was Made For Lovin' You 8. Heaven's On Fire 9. Lick It Up 10. I Love It Loud 11. Forever 12. Christine Sixteen 13. Do You Love Me 14. Black Diamond 15. Rock And Roll All Nite.

Kiss Bonus Live DVD Track Listing: 1. Deuce 2. Hotter Than Hell 3. C'mon And Love Me 4. Watchin' You 5. 100,000 Years 6. Rock & Roll All Nite.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fretburner View Post
    If Eddie loves his fans as much as he says he does
    LMAO.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, ďTokyo Dome In Concert,Ē is available for purchase, and itís super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

That all does sound really wonderful, and Walmart (LOVE that store!!!) is my choice when it comes to shopping. I'm there at least 3x a week, but honestly, I'd just be as happy as could be if I could just touch Ed one time...(hopefully I'd stay conscience and not pass out ).

And I do think Ed loves most of us as much as we love him, but if he does do something for us, then well, it should be Ed's choice. He is a damn genius ya know.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,159 Times in 8,975 Posts

I actually hope VH doesn't do this (the exclusive deal aka Wal-Mart or Best Buy). I know it gives them a guaranteed number of moved units, but I would rather it be available anywhere I go.

This of course is going forward under the HUGE assumption that VH puts out an album of original material.

Extras though like a live CD/DVD? You must be dreaming, this is VH we are talking about.

Maybe it will come in a tin with a guitar pick....
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I don't care if its at 7-Eleven, Just get it done.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

There are so many things that they could do but I'm just hoping for an album of new material. Sell it anywhere!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well...I for one don't need VH or any other band to do me any favours in the sense that I really don't NEED them to put out some deal full of fluff for me to spend money on just so they can say "hey, we care about our fans and they wanted a chance to spend a bunch of money on this overpriced crap...er, I mean, wanted a chance to hear these gems."

If they want to do a big promo with an exclusive merchant...well, that's the way of the business right now. I really have no juice around that in and of itself.

Rerecording old tunes? Seems pointless to me.

Live video of the last tour? eh...no biggie. It's not something that's going to make me run out to the store.

Another greatest hits package? Still don't have Best of Both Worlds.

The only things I'd be interested in would be

1. a new record of new songs
    2. a career spanning box set covering EVERYTHING. B-sides, live tracks, rarities, unfinished tracks etc etc. BUT ONLY if it covers all three eras and they really empty the vaults.

Anything other than those things and i really don't think I'm all that interested.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    Well...I for one don't need VH or any other band to do me any favours in the sense that I really don't NEED them to put out some deal full of fluff for me to spend money on just so they can say "hey, we care about our fans and they wanted a chance to spend a bunch of money on this overpriced crap...er, I mean, wanted a chance to hear these gems."

If they want to do a big promo with an exclusive merchant...well, that's the way of the business right now. I really have no juice around that in and of itself.

Rerecording old tunes? Seems pointless to me.

Live video of the last tour? eh...no biggie. It's not something that's going to make me run out to the store.

Another greatest hits package? Still don't have Best of Both Worlds.

The only things I'd be interested in would be

1. a new record of new songs
    2. a career spanning box set covering EVERYTHING. B-sides, live tracks, rarities, unfinished tracks etc etc. BUT ONLY if it covers all three eras and they really empty the vaults.

Anything other than those things and i really don't think I'm all that interested.
    100% agreed.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

I agree with Broken however I would be good with demos or rarities from any era. With the bands fragmented history, it doesn't bother me if they exclude an era. Nobody would complain if Eddie released the Broken Combs or Mammoth tracks with Doug Stone on bass. Heck I bet you wouldn't complain if he released the tracks from the 2nd Gary album which most likely didn't have Mike playing bass.

Personally I would love to hear a demo of Eddie playing "Tuba Blues"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I agree with Broken however I would be good with demos or rarities from any era. With the bands fragmented history, it doesn't bother me if they exclude an era. Nobody would complain if Eddie released the Broken Combs or Mammoth tracks with Doug Stone on bass. Heck I bet you wouldn't complain if he released the tracks from the 2nd Gary album which most likely didn't have Mike playing bass.

Personally I would love to hear a demo of Eddie playing "Tuba Blues"
    My comment about that is motivated more by my own personal dissatisfaction with the way Van Halen seems to treat the band's history and not wanting to continue that than it does anything else.

When Sam was in the band, there was very very little acknowledgement of the Dave era. Now that Dave is back, it's the same thing.

What's more, if they were to release some sort of rarities disc right now, I can see them pasting a "Vol 1." deal on it and it having only Dave era stuff. Yeah that would be cool but when would Vol 2 ever come out? It probably wouldn't until Mammy are back in the good graces. Then when would the Gary era disc come out? Probably wouldn't.

I think there is too much fragmentation both on the part of the band as well as on the part of the fans. Yes it's obvious and it's easy to fall into, but that doesn't make it healthy or practical.

I would LOVE to hear the left overs from the Gary days, just as I'd love to hear stuff from the Dave and Sammy years but not at the expense of the others.

I think it's time for Van Halen to marry all eras. If there's anything I want as a fan, anything that I'd love for them to do that would make me happier as a VH guy, would be for them to release that career spanning box set and for them to happily and proudly celebrate their entire history. It's a history worth celebrating...not chopping up into little bits so as continue the sort of petty egoism that has haunted Dave, Sam and Ed all these years.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Crossing over
    Last Online

04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    I don't care if its at 7-Eleven, Just get it done.
    Strange things are a mist at the circle K
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by servoguy101 View Post
    Strange things are a mist at the circle K
    Do you mean that strangely colored fog over the coffee machines when ya buy cigarettes in the morning on the way to work or the weird glow over the hot dogs and sausages when ya buy a beer on the way home in the afternoon?

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:22 AM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

Now this is how they should do it. I donít care if they have to get in bed with Walmart or Best Buy or anybody else. Just give the fans what they want. If Eddie loves his fans as much as he says he does, then he should want to do something like this. Not because VH owes us anything but because they should want to do this for us.

Maybe the full length concert DVD they were going to put out didnít come out so good. But Iíll bet at least a few songs did. Along with a full album of new material, they could include those gems like KISS is planning as a mini bonus concert DVD. I donít however think it would be a good idea to try to record some old classics over again. There is no way they could ever improve on those recordings. But I wouldnít be surprised if they did, if for no other reason than to try to totally erase Mikeyís memory. You know thatíll never happen.

KISS GO BOOM:
    Kiss and Walmart announced today that Sonic Boom-the band's highly anticipated CD, and its first new material in 11 years-will be sold in the U.S. and Canada exclusively at Walmart, Walmart.com and Sam's Club retail locations beginning October 6. Sonic Boom, produced by the band's Paul Stanley in Los Angeles, is the centerpiece of a three-disc set that also features a completely re-recorded greatest hits CD as well as a live DVD shot in Argentina during the band's recent, record-breaking Kiss Alive 35 South American tour. The CD set will retail for $12, with pre-orders starting in September on Walmart.com.

Sonic Boom CD Track Listing: 1. Modern Day Delilah 2. Russian Roulette 3. Never Enough 4. Yes I Know (Nobody's Perfect) 5. Stand 6. Hot And Cold 7. All For The Glory 8. Danger Us 9. I'm An Animal 10. When Lightning Strikes 11. Say Yeah.

Kiss Klassics CD Track Listing: 1. Deuce 2. Detroit Rock City 3. Shout It Out Loud 4. Hotter Than Hell 5. Calling Dr. Love 6. Love Gun 7. I Was Made For Lovin' You 8. Heaven's On Fire 9. Lick It Up 10. I Love It Loud 11. Forever 12. Christine Sixteen 13. Do You Love Me 14. Black Diamond 15. Rock And Roll All Nite.

Kiss Bonus Live DVD Track Listing: 1. Deuce 2. Hotter Than Hell 3. C'mon And Love Me 4. Watchin' You 5. 100,000 Years 6. Rock & Roll All Nite.
    When, in the last 11 years has VH done anything according to what they SHOULD DO?
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

All I wanna know is where the heck is Hard Luck Woman??
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

KISS GO BOOM:

So you're saying they should rerecord songs with Wolf on bass?