Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

07.19.15 @ 07:28 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Default Dude we really need Halen back!!!!

Hiya folks! I know there is a similar thread around here somewhere about the topic that I wanted to discuss. But bear with me a little... I know, maybe I'm a little nostalgic and all, my birthday being next week turning older and grayer. But I think and truly believe we need VH back full force and a new album to start kick something that is dormant in our society and in the music business for a long time now. Just look at YouTube or the channel formally known as MTV or MTV2, this decade of music SUCK!!!
    These new videogame Rock Band emo looking faggy bands of today killed me.
    I think and I'm sure not the only one who can't stand these fucking guys pretending to play rock music. There are too many bands to name but you guys know who I'm talking about.
    I know I'm ranting a bit here, but We Need Halen Back and Pronto.. and I don't care if Wolfie is there or Mike's not. The only ones I care for is Al, Ed and Dave there front stage, in my speakers kicking ass and teaching these poor posers how to do it old school.
    Who's with me.
    LONG LIVE VH... DESTROY HATERS!!!! MODE ON

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Last edited by Number 47; 08.14.09 at 05:56 PM.

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em-all eras.
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

09.04.15 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 36 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThruVHfanatic View Post
    Hiya folks! I know there is a similar thread around here somewhere about the topic that I wanted to discuss. But bear with me a little... I know, maybe I'm a little nostalgic and all, my birthday being next week turning older and grayer. But I think and truly believe we need VH back full force and a new album to start kick something that is dormant in our society and in the music business for a long time now. Just look at YouTube or the channel formally known as MTV or MTV2, this decade of music SUCK!!!
    I think and I'm sure not the only one who can't stand these fucking guys pretending to play rock music. There are too many bands to name but you guys know who I'm talking about.
    I know I'm ranting a bit here, but We Need Halen Back and Pronto.. and I don't care if Wolfie is there or Mike's not. The only ones I care for is Al, Ed and Dave there front stage, in my speakers kicking ass and teaching these poor posers how to do it old school.
    Who's with me.
    You know bro, i'm with ya!
    SIMPLY SAID....GOD IS ED!!!!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Perhaps, in celebration of your birthday, you should buy yourself a lawn chair, a fly swatter, and a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon (cans). Then you can sit on your front porch, drink beers, kill flies, yell at the neighbor kids to keep off your lawn, and reminisce about the "good old days," when music was good (not "faggy") and people knew how to do things "old school."

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

We need the Halen fast!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Perhaps, in celebration of your birthday, you should buy yourself a lawn chair, a fly swatter, and a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon (cans). Then you can sit on your front porch, drink beers, kill flies, yell at the neighbor kids to keep off your lawn, and reminisce about the "good old days," when music was good (not "faggy") and people knew how to do things "old school."
    Shitchyeah, cold PBRs and Morris Day and The Time on cassette!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:45 AM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

I know I'm ranting a bit here, but We Need Halen Back and Pronto.. Al, Ed, Mike and Dave there front stage, in my speakers kicking ass and teaching these poor posers how to do it old school.
    Who's with me.
    Had to slightly modify your original post to make it work for me...
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.12.11 @ 01:51 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree with you but a VH comeback wouldnt change a thing to the industry, its all fueled by stupid teens who are obsessed with being cool and being a gangster, if you say you are listening to Van Halen or AC/DC they say that nobody listens to it.
    So MTV wont play Van Halen if ''nobody listens to it''.
    Im talking from experience here, a comeback would be nice for all the fans but wont change the music industry since its so fucked up.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.11.09 @ 12:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who's with me.
    They will never make another album. This is a finished band my friend.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

the one Ed plays guitar on
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:17 PM
    Liked 784 Times in 422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Shitchyeah, cold PBRs and Morris Day and The Time on cassette!
    "...oh we oh we ohh..."

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

I'm with ya, but I'm happy with Chickenfoot too. I loved the Sammy years, but I'll take anything from VH at the moment. As much as I'm pissed off with all the shit thats gone down in recent years with Ed, I am a little envious of what he can come up with, with this new album coming.....and I am confident it will arrive in 2010.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Eruption
    Last Online

08.17.12 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Who's with me.
    Don't forget Motley Crew, we need them back as well. They kick ass with that song "Start Kick my Heart"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 854 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

Who's with me.
    Very simply, I'm with you. The mighty Van Halen will rise again.
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    At this point I'am just going to settle for some Miller and Chickenfoot on Tuesday in Baltimore with maybe a Blonde thrown in.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 1,486 Times in 907 Posts

Always a need for VH!!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com