Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ABC Family - My Kind of Family!

So The Wife has me watching a couple shows on ABC Family. 10 Things I Hate About You and Ruby and Rockits. The first is based on the movie while the second is a show about Danny Partridge being a past his prime 80s pop star who has a daughter he didn't know about. She goes to live with Danny's brother who is now running car dealerships and is married but was a pop star in the same group with Danny Partridge.

Here's the deal. This entire channel, commercials and all, are FULL of hot ass jailbait chicks running around in the hottest little hot ass jailbait outfits. Yesterday one of the gags on 10 Things was these two chicks trying to get an online study group going by starting a website where they would tutor students or something...I don't know the specifics, it had something to do with raising money. No one was watching them UNTIL the one girl asked the other girl to scratch her back because she couldn't reach her itch. All of the sudden, the "visitors" started climbing up and up and up as the guys were calling around saying "hey, check out their site!" Then, after a few seconds, the one girl said "oh thanks. ok...let's get back to work." Then everyone hopped off. It was hysterical.

I'm sure there are TONS of people who would never let their kids watch this stuff and will paint ABC Family as being yet another example of the evil liberal media trying to steal our children's innocence...and to that I say this: god bless them. They are doing god's work over there.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I don't watch this channel much at all, but the previews have had me questioning the name of the channel.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    So The Wife has me watching a couple shows on ABC Family. 10 Things I Hate About You and Ruby and Rockits. The first is based on the movie while the second is a show about Danny Partridge being a past his prime 80s pop star who has a daughter he didn't know about. She goes to live with Danny's brother who is now running car dealerships and is married but was a pop star in the same group with Danny Partridge.

Here's the deal. This entire channel, commercials and all, are FULL of hot ass jailbait chicks running around in the hottest little hot ass jailbait outfits. Yesterday one of the gags on 10 Things was these two chicks trying to get an online study group going by starting a website where they would tutor students or something...I don't know the specifics, it had something to do with raising money. No one was watching them UNTIL the one girl asked the other girl to scratch her back because she couldn't reach her itch. All of the sudden, the "visitors" started climbing up and up and up as the guys were calling around saying "hey, check out their site!" Then, after a few seconds, the one girl said "oh thanks. ok...let's get back to work." Then everyone hopped off. It was hysterical.

I'm sure there are TONS of people who would never let their kids watch this stuff and will paint ABC Family as being yet another example of the evil liberal media trying to steal our children's innocence...and to that I say this: god bless them. They are doing god's work over there.
    It isn't Danny Partridge. It's David Cassidy. Didn't he play Keith Partridge?

LV
    Last edited by lacy_vious; 08.12.09 at 12:01 PM.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:01 PM
    Liked 191 Times in 96 Posts

I've seen that too. It seems like Disney and Nick have similar shows. We had the Disney channel on the other day, and the "Wizards" show was on (not sure exactly what its called). But the 15 something chicks on that show wear short shorts, low cut shirts, and felt a little weird watching because these underage girls should have had more clothes on.

Another thing about this show (and several other shows on Disney and Nick) is that these teen characters on the show have no respect for their parents or their teachers. I was amazed that the Wizards show is so popular because the kids on the show are constantly disrespecting the teachers and/or the parents. I immediately turned the show off.

Maybe its just me, but I see a decline in the future of our civilization if this is the content our kids are watching.
    ~ I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings ~

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lacy_vious View Post
    It isn't Danny Partridge. It's David Cassidy.

LV
    it's actually DAVID Cassidy...
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it's actually DAVID Cassidy...
    David Cassidy didn't play Danny Partridge. That Bonaduce guy did.

LV

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lacy_vious View Post
    David Cassidy didn't play Danny Partridge. That Bonaduce guy did.

LV
    Ah yes you're right. Danny Partridge was the bass player. Keith Partridge was the guitarist...

regardless...his daughter in that show is freaking hot...and so is his sister in law.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Whose Line Is It Anyway? repeats essentially put this variation of ABC/Disney on the map, since ratings were so high.

I love the show to death, one of my favorites. But I never once considered it a "family oriented show," much as ABC wanted us to believe it was.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

Pop the popcorn, that's the kind of family entertainment I'm talking about!! Reminds me of this one time I was in Tijuana and these twin sisters had this show with a donkey...

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    Whose Line Is It Anyway? repeats essentially put this variation of ABC/Disney on the map, since ratings were so high.

I love the show to death, one of my favorites. But I never once considered it a "family oriented show," much as ABC wanted us to believe it was.
    Used to freaking love Wayne Brady on that show. On a related note, the wife was watching some Disney music show a few years back featuring this piano guy (something or other Brickman) and it suprised me to find that Brady can sing pretty damn well too!
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Used to freaking love Wayne Brady on that show. On a related note, the wife was watching some Disney music show a few years back featuring this piano guy (something or other Brickman) and it suprised me to find that Brady can sing pretty damn well too!
    Well, I'm kinda a Whose Line dork, so I'm familiar with both the US and UK versions and how each handled songs differently. Wayne is friggin' hilarious as a regular performer with a ton of ability but I hated his singing performances.

It's easy to make up a song when you fill voids with "Let me tell you something," "Let me tell you this," "Just listen to me," or "Try to understand" throughout them. I just thought he used a lot of crutches. He was always better when he was paired with someone else.

That being said, he has an awesome singing voice and dances like a mother
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

embarassing admission....I watch Disney the real Disney channel

my guilty pleasure is to watch Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place with my nephew....I know why he's watching, but I watch because they remind me of the crappy family sitcoms from the 70's

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    embarassing admission....I watch Disney the real Disney channel

my guilty pleasure is to watch Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place with my nephew....I know why he's watching, but I watch because they remind me of the crappy family sitcoms from the 70's
    Do you remember Family Affair Daisy?? My kids have been watching Andy Griffith and I Love Lucy and I so wish they could watch Uncle Bill, Sissy, Buffy, Jody and Mr French. Man I loved that show!! I would cry when it would go off.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:17 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    Do you remember Family Affair Daisy?? My kids have been watching Andy Griffith and I Love Lucy and I so wish they could watch Uncle Bill, Sissy, Buffy, Jody and Mr French. Man I loved that show!! I would cry when it would go off.
    Netflix has Family Affair.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    Netflix has Family Affair.
    Excellent, thanks for the info OLO.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.