Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

Need Advice. Daisy Rock: Girl Guitars

Hey all,

Anyone have experience or info on these guitars? My daughter is about to turn 11. I have been teaching her some but she wants her own guitar. She wants a Pink acoustic.

Daisy Rock: Girl Guitars

This is a regular sized guitar. They make a smaller scale. I'm on the fence with size. A small scale may be good now but too small in a few years if she sticks with it. Is a normal sized too big? She's been playing on some of mine and doesn't seem to have too much trouble but small scale may make it easier and more enjoyable? They grow like weeds so I want something that she can enjoy for years.

Let me know what you think. I'm leaning towards the normal scale model shown above.

Peace

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

02.14.14 @ 07:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post
    Hey all,

Anyone have experience or info on these guitars? My daughter is about to turn 11. I have been teaching her some but she wants her own guitar. She wants a Pink acoustic.

Daisy Rock: Girl Guitars

This is a regular sized guitar. They make a smaller scale. I'm on the fence with size. A small scale may be good now but too small in a few years if she sticks with it. Is a normal sized too big? She's been playing on some of mine and doesn't seem to have too much trouble but small scale may make it easier and more enjoyable? They grow like weeds so I want something that she can enjoy for years.

Let me know what you think. I'm leaning towards the normal scale model shown above.

Peace
    Go with the full size AP. My stepdaughter has celiac's disease...she wasnt diagnosed until just recently. She was tested because she is abnormally small in comparison to other kids her age which is 13. She has a 7 year old brother that is as big as she is. I bought her a Squier strat from a guy here at work and painted it pink pearl. With the practicing she's been doing...she's been improving by leaps and bounds, all on a full size guitar. In my opinion, if that's where she starts now, they'll be no need for a transition later down the road.
    "Boards don't hit back" - Bruce Lee

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ME100472 View Post
    Go with the full size AP. My stepdaughter has celiac's disease...she wasnt diagnosed until just recently. She was tested because she is abnormally small in comparison to other kids her age which is 13. She has a 7 year old brother that is as big as she is. I bought her a Squier strat from a guy here at work and painted it pink pearl. With the practicing she's been doing...she's been improving by leaps and bounds, all on a full size guitar. In my opinion, if that's where she starts now, they'll be no need for a transition later down the road.
    Thanks buddy. Excellent advice and story. I wish the best for her.

Now I just need people to chime in on the quality of these guitars.
    Just curious if anyone has experience with them.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Come one mate..get her this..she's gonna rock with Dad with that..

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post
    Thanks buddy. Excellent advice and story. I wish the best for her.

Now I just need people to chime in on the quality of these guitars.
    Just curious if anyone has experience with them.
    Yes, best of luck to your stepdaughter.

I have no experience, but you can find some review here:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/r...y+Rock+Guitars

I know Harmony Central is owned by Musician's Friend, but real people still post reviews there too. Also, the chick who started the company used to work for Schecter. I read a good review of one of their electrics, for the value, a while back. Though I forget what magazine it was in. Good luck!
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

Normal-sized guitar, no question about it. Learn the right way from the beginning.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I have the Daisy Rock Rock Candy electric (in Atomic Pink!). It's made on the cheap, but all around I was impressed with the quality--decent pickups, good tuning stability, graphite nut (not plastic), Grover tuners. I thought it was good bang-for-the-buck.

And definitely go full size if she's 11. I only recommend smaller scale guitars for kids under 8.

Incidentally, my Daisy Rock is for sale, if anyone is interested.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Thanks for the info guys. I ordered her guitar and some books with DVD's.
    This company is girl oriented and she's very girly so I think she'll love it.

Below is a quote describing the educational stuff. I have some books and have been teaching her basic theory etc. I think this will be cool to work with also when I'm working late and as an enhancement. She may find this "cool" since it's girl oriented and she'll have her awesome new guitar. lol I'm tickled she's into it. My 7 yo son says he wants a black electric guitar. hehe Cute. I'm proud and touched they dig what daddy does. All you can do is support and encourage them and hope they take to it.

"Combining the best-selling Girl’s Guitar Method, Books 1 and 2 with the new Girl’s Guitar Method DVD, the Girl’s Guitar Method Complete Book & DVD package has everything a girl needs to learn to play guitar!

Written by Tish Ciravolo, the Girl’s Guitar Method is the first guitar method written especially for girls. Thousands of girls all over the world are raving about this revolutionary method's fresh and energetic approach, with a style and design that addresses the interests of young women today. Teaching from a girl's perspective, this solid method promises a sure start down a lifelong path of musical enjoyment and all the heightened self-esteem that comes with learning to play an instrument.

This package also includes the new Girl’s Guitar Method DVD, hosted by internationally-renowned guitarist and Daisy Rock clinician Janet Robin. The Girl’s Guitar Method DVD gives girls the chance to teach themselves how to play guitar by watching and learning from one of the finest guitarists in the world. This DVD will take you from the basics of guitar-playing, like tuning and proper posture, to advanced concepts like bending, hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides. Based on a method made especially for girls, and hosted by a successful guitarist who’s played with Lindsey Buckingham (Fleetwood Mac), Ann & Nancy Wilson (Heart), Meredith Brooks and Michelle Shocked, girls will feel inspired to learn how to play guitar and to keep playing!!"

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:01 PM
    Liked 1,623 Times in 870 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Don't want to hi-jack but since AP's ? has been answered I'll slide mine in. My boys are 4 & 6. Both show interest in guitar & we're considering getting them small scale electrics & amps for christmas. Any suggestions?
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

On Fire
    Last Online

01.16.13 @ 12:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    Come one mate..get her this..she's gonna rock with Dad with that..

My little girl has one of these. It's bigger than she is. She'll grow.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

go full size and buy with confidence.

Those daisy rock guitars are a great value and have a super cool appeal to them.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

05.20.12 @ 07:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I bought my 9 yr old a Daisy Rock electric guitar for her birthday last September. It is smaller scale so it is much easier for her to play than my full sized guitars. The sound is actually pretty good. I told her that when she learns an entire rock song I will play the guitar for one song during one of my band's shows that she can come to. That was she has more motivation to learn a song and see Dad make a fool of himself playing a pink guitar.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post
    Don't want to hi-jack but since AP's ? has been answered I'll slide mine in. My boys are 4 & 6. Both show interest in guitar & we're considering getting them small scale electrics & amps for christmas. Any suggestions?
    Unfortunately there aren't many smaller scale guitars out there. There are even fewer good ones. I recently went on the hunt for one for my 7 year old niece, and I concluded the Squier Mini Strat was really the best thing easily available: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=510421. There's always lots of these on eBay and Craig's List, though you'd in all likelihood need to have a decent setup done on a used one.

There are a ton of good small scale nylon string acoustic guitars out there. That might also be a good way to start.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If I'm not mistaken, Ibanez makes a nice smaller scale nylon. Give me a second...I'll check....ah...the Daytripper. That's right.

Check out the Ibanez Daytripper. Neat little acoustic guitar, decent pick up and i'm pretty sure there is a nylon version.

As for electrics go, AT is right...the squire mini-strat is the way to go.

Epiphone makes a mini-paul but it's a big piece of shit.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    Epiphone makes a mini-paul but it's a big piece of shit.
    Don't you mean it's a little piece of shit?