Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:07 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 97 Posts

Default How Can There be Global Warming if There is Cooling Going On?

NOAA: July Temperature Below-Average for the U.S.

The July 2009 temperature for the contiguous United States was below the long-term average, based on records going back to 1895, according to a preliminary analysis by NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C.
    The average July temperature of 73.5 degrees F was 0.8 degrees F below the 20th century average. Precipitation across the contiguous United States in July averaged 2.90 inches, which is 0.14 inches above the 1901-2000 average.

An abnormally strong, persistent upper-level pattern produced more than 400 record low minimum temperatures and 1,300 record low maximum temperatures (lowest high temperature) across the nine-state area that make up the Central region.
    Ohio, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania experienced their coolest July on record. Kentucky, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Michigan each had their second coolest July on record, while Minnesota and Tennessee had their third coolest July on record.
    Death Valley, Calif., set a new monthly average maximum temperature at 121.3 degrees F. Temperatures in Death Valley reached 120 degrees F or higher for 22 days, beating the old record of 19 days.
    Several western locations recorded their all-time warmest July. Seattle-Tacoma Airport had an average July temperature of 69.5 degrees F, which was 4.2 degrees F above average. Seattle’s high temperature of 103 degrees F on July 29 is an all-time record. Alaska posted its second warmest July, Arizona had its third warmest, while New Mexico and Washington had their ninth warmest.

Based on NOAA's Residential Energy Demand Temperature Index, the contiguous U.S. temperature-related energy demand was 13.3 percent below average in July. Much of this can be attributed to cooler-than-average conditions in the heavily-populated Northeast.
    Precipitation was near normal for the contiguous U.S. as a whole. The Northeast saw its ninth-wettest July on record. Above-normal averages in the Northeast, Central and South were counter-balanced by below-normal averages in the Southeast, Southwest, the Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan and Iowa regions.

Massachusetts and Rhode Island each recorded their second-wettest July on record, and Louisiana its third. Several states were much-above-normal, including Maine (fifth-wettest), and Vermont, New Hampshire, and Connecticut (each sixth-wettest).

Moderate-to-exceptional drought covered 14 percent of the contiguous U.S., based on the U.S. Drought Monitor. This is one percentage point more than the end of June. Drought conditions worsened in southern Texas and northern Wisconsin, but remained largely unchanged in the West and along the western Canadian border.

About 19 percent of the contiguous U.S. had moderate-to-extreme wet conditions at the end of July according to the Palmer Index, which measures both drought intensity and wet spell intensity.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...julystats.html
    ~ I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings ~

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I suppose this is Obama's fault too.

Other than the midwest, everywhere I've been this summer has been hotter than Hell. Haven't been to the Northeast for a while, but, yes they have been cooler.

BUT...

The PacNW has been under extreme heat all summer, so has California. The south has been downright unbearable. Convenient how that's left out of the report.

Do I believe we caused Global Warming? No. Do I believe we're not helping the problem?? Yes.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think most level headed people understand that weather patterns are cyclical and regional. There's an ebb and flow to it and humans have some effect on it but we aren't a deal breaker.

I think the key is simply trying to be reasonable in our efforts to minimize our effect on our environment.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Whatever the issue, you can be pretty safe in placing the blame on OLO...
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

"I think we've hit a critical desalinization point. "
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Check out the average winter temperatures.

*sigh* I'm really tired of arguing about this one. Are there still people out there who think that dumping megatons of crap into the atmosphere has no effect on the air we breathe? Let me know where you live and I'll come over and shit in your swimming pool. It shouldn't bother you much.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Check out the average winter temperatures.

*sigh* I'm really tired of arguing about this one. Are there still people out there who think that dumping megatons of crap into the atmosphere has no effect on the air we breathe? Let me know where you live and I'll come over and shit in your swimming pool. It shouldn't bother you much.

Not as eloquent as most, but pretty spot on.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post

I know it's been pretty hot around here, hotter than usual.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No joke...for those hellbent on the idea that people have no impact on the environment and that it's all a bunch of liberal media and democrat party nonsense, I'd like to invite you to come hang out in Pasadena/Deer Park Texas. I grew up there, in the shadow of Exxon, Mobil, Shell and all the other chemical and oil companies. It stinks. The water smells. The sky is orange. Everyone has asthma, suffers from higher than average cases of bronchitis, allergies, upper respiratory infections and cancer.

Call it whatever you want: global warming/cooling, climate change, pollution, I don't give a shit.

People do need to take into consideration that our immediate environments will be effected by the shit we pump into the air, water and soil...which means WE will be effected.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    No joke...for those hellbent on the idea that people have no impact on the environment and that it's all a bunch of liberal media and democrat party nonsense, I'd like to invite you to come hang out in Pasadena/Deer Park Texas. I grew up there, in the shadow of Exxon, Mobil, Shell and all the other chemical and oil companies. It stinks. The water smells. The sky is orange. Everyone has asthma, suffers from higher than average cases of bronchitis, allergies, upper respiratory infections and cancer.

Call it whatever you want: global warming/cooling, climate change, pollution, I don't give a shit.

People do need to take into consideration that our immediate environments will be effected by the shit we pump into the air, water and soil...which means WE will be effected.
    Same thing in Dodge City, KS. Because of all the cattle that get processed there is an inordinate amount of bovine excrement/gas being released. It runs off in to the water supply. Don't you dare drink a fountain soda...N-N-N-NASTY!! Not to mention the air is putrid. You can't tell me that it doesn't have an overall effect on the environment.

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

jeeesus... yeah global warming (cooling) only occurs within pockets of the earth. Hence the word "global."

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    Same thing in Dodge City, KS. Because of all the cattle that get processed there is an inordinate amount of bovine excrement/gas being released. It runs off in to the water supply. Don't you dare drink a fountain soda...N-N-N-NASTY!! Not to mention the air is putrid. You can't tell me that it doesn't have an overall effect on the environment.
    glad you brought that up because a lot of people only focus on chemical, plastics and oil refineries and plants or they focus on coal factories and stuff like that.

Animal processing, whether it be chicken farms, huge cattle processing plants and other such businesses can have a huge negative impact on the environment.

These types of companies need to be just as responsible in how they manage their activities as any evil corporate empire pumping out petroleum products.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    You have not seen anything, Wait until I get my new weather machine up an running.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:41 PM
    Liked 4,804 Times in 2,452 Posts

Premium Member

I agree that we should take care of the environment but I wouldn't say "outside of the midwest, its been hotter than shit". The whole world on average is having a cooler 2009. Temperatures have fallen for 12 straight years of the high of 1997 yet carbon emissions have increased by 5%. If CO2 causes Global Warming, how in the hell do temperatures decrease since 1997 if the shit that causes the greenhouse effect goes up?

The fact is we don't exactly know. The earth has been warming and cooling for billions of years without the help of us. I do remember this winter that some scientists said the lack of sun spot activity will create a cooler 2009 for us and this will continue on for awhile. Hmmm who would have thought that this big fusion reactor 93,000,000 miles away from us may have something to do with how hot its going to be. Do you think the sun is more stable than an atomic clock?

In a few years time people will be looking at Global War....ooops Climate Change like we do now in the 70's about an impending ice age.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    BUT...

The PacNW has been under extreme heat all summer
    Huh? No we haven't. except for a couple weeks ago where it got over a hundred for a few days it's been really mild. Coldest fucking winter we've had in a hundred years though.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen