VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:22 PM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

Default Clash of the Titans-Portland, ME

I am not trying to start anything, so PLEASE do not turn this into the usual. Just an FYI for anyone (if there is anyone) in the Portland, Maine area. Empire Dine and Dance is having a Clash of the Titans tonight at 9 PM - Van Halen vs Van Hagar. Local bands get up and play the songs of each era. I'll be there...
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

You live in Portland, ME? Beautiful part of the world you have there. I visited your fine city about 4 years ago. I had a great time and really enjoyed those crustaceans you catch out of the ocean. What are they called again? Delicious, is all I can say.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

Donor

Yea, I live in Portland. I've been here for about 9 years. Came up from Philly for a woman...fortunately I married her and am still with her. The summers are the reason to be here...the winter, not so much. But yes, the lobsters in Maine are unlike lobsters from anywhere else. I think it has to do with the artic waters mixing with warmer waters in the gulf of Maine. The worst part of Portland is we have a lousy arena, so if I want to catch a good show I have to go down to Boston (only 1 hr 1/2 or so away).
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

so local bands get up and play covers of Roth era and Hagar era huh?

It actually sounds like kind of a fun night.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

Donor

it should be...I'm looking forward to it. They do it every tuesday with different bands. Later in the fall we have Guns vs Crue.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by EVHWolf View Post
    it should be...I'm looking forward to it. They do it every tuesday with different bands. Later in the fall we have Guns vs Crue.
    so it's like a running theme the bar uses? That's pretty cool. I like that. Do they have just one band that represents each group? Are they tribute bands?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

Donor

In the past its been both a variety of bands that get up or one band per group. Some have been tribute bands, others are rock bands that play all covers. I'm not sure how this one will go. There are a few decent VH (both era) cover bands in the Northern NE area. Hey, its reason to go out on a tuesday night. Something I haven't done in a long time.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

This is not a qualitative judgment on which era is better, but I would think it would be easier to get together a set of VHI songs to cover than a set of VHII songs. RWTD, ATBL, Panama, etc. from a performance standpoint would be easier for a cover band to get a hold of than finding someone who can sing in Sammy's range.

Again, not saying it's any better, just saying more difficult for a cover band to pull off.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:50 PM
    Liked 4,792 Times in 2,444 Posts

Premium Member

I hope any of the bands have the good sense not to play all the worn out hits from both eras.

Sounds cool.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVHWolf View Post
    Yea, I live in Portland. I've been here for about 9 years. Came up from Philly for a woman...fortunately I married her and am still with her. The summers are the reason to be here...the winter, not so much. But yes, the lobsters in Maine are unlike lobsters from anywhere else. I think it has to do with the artic waters mixing with warmer waters in the gulf of Maine. The worst part of Portland is we have a lousy arena, so if I want to catch a good show I have to go down to Boston (only 1 hr 1/2 or so away).
    Good for you. Nothing like a Maine lobster, except maybe three, and a couple dozen of steamers on the side. I almost drove back up there for a Gov't Mule show a couple of years ago but chose not to given the distance. I live in upstate, NY so it would have been a longgg road trip. I'm reading about how cheap lobster is right now. Makes we want to drive up there and buy a couple of dozen from one of the road side shacks near the ocean. Yummy!!!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:44 AM
    Liked 1,466 Times in 899 Posts

That show sound pretty cool!!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    Good for you. Nothing like a Maine lobster, except maybe three, and a couple dozen of steamers on the side. I almost drove back up there for a Gov't Mule show a couple of years ago but chose not to given the distance. I live in upstate, NY so it would have been a longgg road trip. I'm reading about how cheap lobster is right now. Makes we want to drive up there and buy a couple of dozen from one of the road side shacks near the ocean. Yummy!!!
    Yea, real cheap right now. Makes me feel bad for the lobstermen(and women) who go out at 3-4am spend all day and net ($$) close to nothing, but it is a LONG trip from NY. On a personal note, nothing beats steamers, not even lobster.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Aw bullshit...........pussy beats steamers!!!
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls