Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Default Twin Cities Show Photos

Chickenfoot played tonight at the Myth in Maplewood, MN (just outside of St. Paul). Apparently they were here yesterday on their day off, and both days were filled with various Best Buy/Redline (their record label--owned by Best Buy and based here in the Twin Cities) parties and gatherings. Sammy alluded to the craziness of meeting everyone all day. Their show was exactly as it should have been--high energy rock that grooved hard. The guys sounded GREAT! I haven't seen Sammy sing so well live EVER. They were tight from the beginning but loosened up mid-set as they jammed and got more playful. Chad's mom and a bunch of his family were at the show, as he was born here (he announced that proudly) and still has a lot of relatives in the area. One very funny moment was Sammy telling the story about meeting Joe for the first time after his solo show in Minneapolis in '97. He said he went to Joe's gig here the next night and said: "Man, I want to be in a band with that guy someday." He then went on to say he takes his time doing things and made a humping motion. Chad then blurted out: "Hey, watch it, Sammy! My mom's here!" Sam replied: "Chad, your mom knows exactly what I'm talking about!" The crowd got excited when Sam brought out his Les Paul for "Future In The Past," and "Bad Motor Scooter" and "Highway Star" were the encore. Our Best Buy connection that was to get me and my buddy in to the VIP meet-and-greet opted to be out of town, so I'm super bummed to say I didn't get to hang with the band.

Photos are posted!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

the one Ed plays guitar on
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:08 PM
    Liked 784 Times in 422 Posts

Great pics, AT.

Any issues with bringing the camera in? I'm assuming by all the photos/vids popping up, there hasn't been too many issues with cameras at the door. Hopefully, tonight in KC won't be a problem either

I was able to pick up 5th row center tix just last week, so hopefully I'll get some good stuff to share around here, too.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hubs View Post
    Great pics, AT.

Any issues with bringing the camera in? I'm assuming by all the photos/vids popping up, there hasn't been too many issues with cameras at the door. Hopefully, tonight in KC won't be a problem either

I was able to pick up 5th row center tix just last week, so hopefully I'll get some good stuff to share around here, too.
    No issues with the camera. Security checked our pockets on the way in, and they didn't say anything about the camera. We were general admission and a VIP section upstairs. I hung back most of the time, preferring to stay out of the crowded front area.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Thanks for posting the photos!

Sounded like a great show.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

02.13.14 @ 06:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What a great show...Chickenfoot really is a band, no individual stole the show, it really is a band effort. I was curious how the audience would respond to just the playing of the entire CD and the response was huge after every song - like every song was a hit. I agree, Sammy sounded about the best I've ever heard him, Michael seemed so free to do his thing, vocals sounded awesome (Ialmost got a pick, it bounced right out of my hand...dang-it) Joe, the quiet guy in the corner, ripped through everything with ease. Chad...what can I say…he really is a madman and the funnyman…he was the "witty banter" guy.. Chad played like it was his last night on earth filling every single opening there was...very animated. I've never seen a drum tech have come out so many times to tighten things down and get the kit back in order...very fun to watch. I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed watching a drummer as much as I enjoyed Chad. OK, I said no individual sole the show, but maybe Chad did for me, only because I’ve never seen a drummer play with so much passion. Believe me, you don't want to miss Chickenfoot…the show as great, the sound was great and Chickenheads rock!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Binner View Post
    What a great show...Chickenfoot really is a band, no individual stole the show, it really is a band effort. I was curious how the audience would respond to just the playing of the entire CD and the response was huge after every song - like every song was a hit. I agree, Sammy sounded about the best I've ever heard him, Michael seemed so free to do his thing, vocals sounded awesome (Ialmost got a pick, it bounced right out of my hand...dang-it) Joe, the quiet guy in the corner, ripped through everything with ease. Chad...what can I say…he really is a madman and the funnyman…he was the "witty banter" guy.. Chad played like it was his last night on earth filling every single opening there was...very animated. I've never seen a drum tech have come out so many times to tighten things down and get the kit back in order...very fun to watch. I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed watching a drummer as much as I enjoyed Chad. OK, I said no individual sole the show, but maybe Chad did for me, only because I’ve never seen a drummer play with so much passion. Believe me, you don't want to miss Chickenfoot…the show as great, the sound was great and Chickenheads rock!
    Yes, indeed. They played like a band; they sounded like a band. I would even venture to say the songs sounded better live, as the energy didn't have to be studio-tamed. The only song that sounded like it needed something extra was "Learning To Fall." I thought Sammy should have been playing the rhythm guitar part under Joe's solos (my buddy didn't think so).

Last Online

06.26.14 @ 10:45 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was right in front of Mikey all night. One row back off the rail. So, two things I noticed - I'm really glad that I didn't pay all the extra $ for VIP. I'm sure it would have been nice to meet the guys, but I got to see the exact same show from the same spot for a LOT less money. I got there about 90 minutes before the doors opened. I don't know how this will play out in other cities, but 90 minutes was perfect for a great spot in the Twin Cities. Also, it was a very cool crowd - I didn't see any shoving or pushing down close. I think it helps that the average age of the crowd is somewhere around 40. Finally, I have to say that I really think this band highlights Mikey's playing. He was obviously always great in Van Halen but these songs create a lot of opportunities for Mikey to really shine, and he's always up to the task. He also starts connecting with individuals in the audience from the moment he walks out on stage. Like everyone else says - absolute class act.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Great pics. Sounds like a great show as well. I'm looking forward to catching them at Tahoe soon.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

Awesome pictures AT!

I've heard about a VIP Meet and Greet on more than one occasion now.

However, on the Chickenfoot website nowhere did it say that the VIP Package buyers will have a Meet and Greet.

So I need to ask, what meet and greet?
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.05.10 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Joe with a Les Paul??

That's pretty cool.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    Joe with a Les Paul??

That's pretty cool.
    It's an Ibanez (whatever their Les Paul style guitar is).

Also, in the second photo I posted Mike is playing the Jack Daniel's bass (hard to see).

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Oh OK, like they did for Paul Gilbert. Kinda cool still

Last edited by StrappingYoungLad; 08.11.09 at 09:35 PM.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    Oh OK, like they did for Paul Gilbert. Kinda cool still

I was at this show. Ibanez also made him a SG double-neck replica. Very cool.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.04.10 @ 03:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post

Also, in the second photo I posted Mike is playing the Jack Daniel's bass (hard to see).
    Sure it was an ibanez?

I have seen joe play a gibson

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's cool, I mean I'm sure Ibanez can make a copy that's OK...there's something about a Gibson Les Paul that just has VIBE to it. I have 3 myself.