Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Default Cop Fatally Wounds Attacker

I know this officer personally. He's a good man, great father and by the book. I sleep well, knowing he's on our side every day.

Now, before you click the link to the video. READ the story. Don't jump to conclusions. I'm going to highlight some VERY important facts.

http://www.qctimes.com/news/local/ar...tml?mode=story

The Davenport police officer who shot a man on the Centennial Bridge last week was "reasonable and justified" in his actions during a seconds-long life-or-death struggle, Scott County Attorney Mike Walton announced Thursday.

Steven Mallory, 39, was seriously injuring officer Clif Anderson and would have continued to do so if Anderson did not shoot him twice with his Glock .40-caliber handgun, Walton said.

The first shot to Mallory's chest hit his lungs and heart and is believed to be the shot that killed him, Walton said. The second entered his torso near his spleen and went through his body.

Mallory had bitten an eyebrow off Anderson, punched him, choked him and slammed his head against the pavement. The fight ended after Jim Weakley, an East Moline detective who happened to be passing by on the bridge, stopped and attempted to get Mallory off Anderson. Weakley couldn't, but Anderson then was able to remove his gun from his holster and shoot Mallory, officials said. Anderson will require plastic surgery.

"I'd go so far as to say it was heroic," Walton said, adding that Anderson saved injury and possibly the lives of others by stopping Mallory.

Mallory had a lengthy violent history and was a suspect in an unprovoked assault 15 minutes earlier. That assault knocked out Rylan Bebermeyer, a volunteer at the Café on Vine, a free meal site in Davenport that Mallory visited.

It was unfortunate that the incident resulted in death, Walton said, but there was no other reasonable course of action. The investigation into the incident is mostly complete, he said. Toxicology reports are not yet back on Mallory.

A written report is expected in several weeks, Walton said.

"I think it's fair to say officer Anderson thought he was going to die," during the assault, Walton said.

Walton released the full video of the incident, as well as photos of Anderson's injuries. The video, taken by Anderson's squad car camera, shows Anderson approaching Mallory, who was identified as the suspect in the Café on Vine assault by a witness who followed Mallory to the bridge. Anderson orders Mallory to his knees several times. When Mallory fails to comply, Anderson deploys his Taser.

The Taser did not work. Investigators believe it failed because only one of the weapon's two prongs hit Mallory
    . Mallory then charges at Anderson and takes him to the ground in a narrow space between Anderson's police cruiser and the railing dividing traffic from the bridge's sidewalk.

At that point, the struggle moves off screen, and Weakley arrives on the scene.

Anderson tells Mallory that if he does not get off, he is going to shoot. Shots are fired. Mallory comes back into view of the camera and collapses on the ground.

Anderson informs dispatchers of shots fired. He then kneels beside Mallory with Weakley standing nearby. Fellow officers, who were already en route to assist Anderson with the stop, arrive on the scene. They move Anderson away from Mallory.

When asked if he is OK, a bleeding Anderson replies, "I don't know."

Anderson remains on leave. He will be required to undergo treatment to make sure he is mentally and physically ready to return to work, officials said.

"He seems to be doing well in light of the circumstances," Davenport Police Chief Frank Donchez said. "He's looking forward to getting back to work."

An internal police department investigation will evaluate whether the department's policies and procedures were followed, Donchez said.

Now, view the video. Then try to tell me how easy a cop's job is. Also, please keep in mind, the history of Stephen Mallory hadn't reached the officer yet. All he knew was he fit the description of a man that heinously attacked a soup kitchen volunteer.

NOTE: While there's no blood visible, you WILL see a man die on this video. My friend, unfortunately, had to take this man's life in order to stay alive. Again, you WILL see a man die.

http://www.qctimes.com/news/local/ar...tml?mode=video
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Here's the link to the pictures that show the officer's wounds.

http://www.qctimes.com/news/local/ar...tml?mode=image
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Wow that is fucked up. I hope your friend recovers from this and gets back out there. On the bright side that other dude will no longer be a threat to anyone.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

sounds like he did what he had to do. If you speak to him, give him my best and my hopes for a speedy recorvery.

That blows...at least there's one less fucking lunatic on the streets.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    sounds like he did what he had to do. If you speak to him, give him my best and my hopes for a speedy recorvery.

That blows...at least there's one less fucking lunatic on the streets.
    Was hoping you weren't totally crazy, Broke.

Indeed....this was totally justifiable self-defense. I'll skip the wound pics and just wish your friend the best RRMB.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post

Indeed....this was totally justifiable self-defense. I'll skip the wound pics and just wish your friend the best RRMB.
    He isn't totally crazy, I promise. Just likes to rant. One of my coworkers calls it "professor mode." Because if you could see him talking like he types he looks like he's teaching a class.

LV

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

nah, I'm not crazy at all. The poor cop was getting mauled. I looked at the pictures...bastard looks like he fought with a lion, or a meth addict...or a meth addicted lion.

What I take issue with is when cops shoot people unnecessarily. This all seems pretty damn cut and dry and I say good for the cop that he was the better man and walked away.

Hell...what did you expect? Me to go on some "fucking cop, shot that guy" rant or something? heehehee
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Hell...what did you expect? Me to go on some "fucking cop, shot that guy" rant or something? heehehee

Umm...yeah, I kinda did!
    You've got some of the most anti-cop posts on here, bro. Not an attack - just sayin'.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Umm...yeah, I kinda did!
    You've got some of the most anti-cop posts on here, bro. Not an attack - just sayin'.
    I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

When cops attack I'm going to be right there bitching but when they do something heroic or even just nice, I'll be right there cheering. This guy killed a piece of trash. Good for him. He gets to go home to his wife and kid. The other cops in that other thread are doing really great stuff in the community. These are good things!
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

When cops attack I'm going to be right there bitching but when they do something heroic or even just nice, I'll be right there cheering. This guy killed a piece of trash. Good for him. He gets to go home to his wife and kid. The other cops in that other thread are doing really great stuff in the community. These are good things!
    <sniff> I'm so proud of you!!!!
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

well that's one dangerous nutjob that won't hurt anyone again...that cop was lucky he didn't lose an eye...most cops never have to discharge their firearm in the course of duty and dread the day they may have to, but this had to be done. If two trained professionals couldn't get this guy off him, what choice did the cop have?

Our mental health system sucks, there are far too many people like the assailant on our streets

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Last Online

05.27.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It was sad to see someone actually die on film. However, that bastard had a history of beating people up and on this particular day, he met his match. The cop was justified in what he did and I hope he can put this behind him.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by HissingCobra View Post
    It was sad to see someone actually die on film. However, that bastard had a history of beating people up and on this particular day, he met his match. The cop was justified in what he did and I hope he can put this behind him.
    Pretty sure this is the first time I've seen an actual on-screen death. But given that he tried to kill another person, I'm not feeling much sympathy at all for the bastard.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]