Thread: Only in Houston

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Only in Houston

So, for a while now, I've been thinking about starting this thread, patterned after Chef's Only in South Florida thread. Just now, The Wife sent me a link to a story that I think is the perfect way to start this off.

So...here we go!

HPD: Inmate Hides Gun In Fat Layers
    By Elizabeth Scarborough

POSTED: Thursday, August 6, 2009
    UPDATED: 8:06 am CDT August 6, 2009

HOUSTON -- A nearly 600-pound man was able to hide a weapon for more than a day while he was in custody, police told KPRC Local 2 Wednesday.

"Obviously the system broke down," former Harris County Detention Major Mark Kellar said. "The procedures didn't work as they were designed to work."

Houston police said George Vera, 25, was arrested Aug. 2 and taken to the city jail. He spent a day there before being transferred to the Harris County Jail. After being there for 14 hours, going through intake procedures, he was taken to the showers, the final step before going to his cell. There, Vera told police he had a 9mm handgun on him, along with 2 clips.

"If a person has a weapon, narcotics, anything of danger, it should have been found before he winds up in the county jail," said Kellar.

Kellar said Vera should have been searched at least three times before getting to the jail.

Vera weighs nearly 600 pounds and the gun was allegedly hidden between fat layers.

Houston Police Officers Union President Gary Blankinship said cadets are trained how to search morbidly obese people.

"We teach officers to lift up and look under," Blankinship said. "The officer may not have arrested anyone this big before."

Blankenship said that system clearly does not always work.

"They can be so big, basically short of strip searching or searching cavities, they could miss something like this," said Blankinship.

The Houston Police Department and Harris County Sheriff's Office are doing internal investigations to figure out how this could have happened.

Blankinship said they should also change the way officers are trained to search morbidly obese inmates, maybe adding hand-held metal detectors.

Vera has been released from jail on bond.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/20301265/detail.html
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    So, for a while now, I've been thinking about starting this thread, patterned after Chef's Only in South Florida thread. Just now, The Wife sent me a link to a story that I think is the perfect way to start this off.

So...here we go!

By Elizabeth Scarborough

HOUSTON -- A nearly 600-pound man was able to hide a weapon for more than a day while he was in custody, police told KPRC Local 2 Wednesday.

"Obviously the system broke down," former Harris County Detention Major Mark Kellar said. "The procedures didn't work as they were designed to work."

Houston police said George Vera, 25, was arrested Aug. 2 and taken to the city jail. He spent a day there before being transferred to the Harris County Jail. After being there for 14 hours, going through intake procedures, he was taken to the showers, the final step before going to his cell. There, Vera told police he had a 9mm handgun on him, along with 2 clips.

"If a person has a weapon, narcotics, anything of danger, it should have been found before he winds up in the county jail," said Kellar.

Kellar said Vera should have been searched at least three times before getting to the jail.

Vera weighs nearly 600 pounds and the gun was allegedly hidden between fat layers.

Houston Police Officers Union President Gary Blankinship said cadets are trained how to search morbidly obese people.

"We teach officers to lift up and look under," Blankinship said. "The officer may not have arrested anyone this big before."

"They can be so big, basically short of strip searching or searching cavities, they could miss something like this," said Blankinship.

The Houston Police Department and Harris County Sheriff's Office are doing internal investigations to figure out how this could have happened.

Blankinship said they should also change the way officers are trained to search morbidly obese inmates, maybe adding hand-held metal detectors.

I never heard this one.

This is classic. I'm sure someone shoved a finger up his ass to make sure there wasn't any drugs in there but they didn't think he could have a pistol under his left tit.
    Nice.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This made me shudder. There is not enough money in the world to make me lift and search under other people's fat rolls.

LV

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

"Agent Hurly, I want you to give this scumbag a cavity search. I'm talking Roto-Rooter. Don't stop until you reach the back of his teeth..."

Maybe they need to install a crane that they can lift 'em up by the ankles and give 'em a good shake?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here's another one I stumbled upon.

Man Accused Of Photography Under Skirt
    Bryant Gerley Munoz Charged With Improper Photography

UPDATED: 7:44 am CDT August 6, 2009

HOUSTON -- A Houston man has been charged with "improper photography" for allegedly using his camera phone to take pictures up a legal assistant's skirt at the Harris County criminal courthouse while pretending to tie his shoelaces.

Bryant Gerley Munoz was arrested Wednesday after he allegedly took several pictures under the skirt of a 29-year-old legal assistant.

Constable Lt. Bill Ruland said Munoz was at the courthouse on a misdemeanor drug charge.

Ruland said Munoz confessed after being taken into custody.

Munoz has been charged with a state jail felony, which carries a maximum sentence of two years behind bars.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/20301668/detail.html
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

UPDATED: 7:44 am CDT August 6, 2009

HOUSTON -- A Houston man has been charged with "improper photography" for allegedly using his camera phone to take pictures up a legal assistant's skirt at the Harris County criminal courthouse while pretending to tie his shoelaces.

Bryant Gerley Munoz was arrested Wednesday after he allegedly took several pictures under the skirt of a 29-year-old legal assistant.

Constable Lt. Bill Ruland said Munoz was at the courthouse on a misdemeanor drug charge.

Ruland said Munoz confessed after being taken into custody.

Munoz has been charged with a state jail felony, which carries a maximum sentence of two years behind bars.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/20301668/detail.html
    Click2houston.com always has the good stories.

LV

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

I think that is a common way for really fat people top steal or smuggle things. I remember seeing one of those reality shows that have people caught on camera stealing things. There was this one fat lady that tucked a dvd player under one of her FFF flapjacks.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    I think that is a common way for really fat people top steal or smuggle things. I remember seeing one of those reality shows that have people caught on camera stealing things. There was this one fat lady that tucked a dvd player under one of her FFF flapjacks.
    Reminded me of this... this topic is making me laugh so much!

****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    Reminded me of this... this topic is making me laugh so much!

That is hilarious.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:47 PM
    Liked 2,236 Times in 1,354 Posts

[/url]
    That is really common...it's called "up skirting" a local pedaphile was caught doing it to a young girl in a local store here last year

Weird ness isn't localized in FLorida or Texas.....I can't find the news story, but a Norwalk OH man..(remember that as the same place the guy boinked a patio table?)

well anyway....this guy was picked up for drug charges and he had stored the dope THE SIZE OF A TENNIS BALL, in a balloon, in a sock and inside a baggy UP HIS RECTUM where it was impacted ... yikes

...he was taken to the hospital after he was found to be trying to remove the drugs from his rectum, with a comb and a pencil....they flushed it out of him three enemas later.

sheesh, it's their own damn stupidity that causes people to turn to a life of crime...what else are those dumbasses going to do for a buck?

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    That is really common...it's called "up skirting" a local pedaphile was caught doing it to a young girl in a local store here last year

Weird ness isn't localized in FLorida or Texas.....I can't find the news story, but a Norwalk OH man..(remember that as the same place the guy boinked a patio table?)
    I'm well aware of upskirting, I just thought it was pretty crazy that the guy was trying to do it in the freaking courthouse! You know...where they keep all the cops and judges and DAs!
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Don't they have metal detectors?

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

Donor

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

So...here we go!

By Elizabeth Scarborough

The funniest thing.....or scariest depending on your POV....is that that they never would've known about the gun had the suspect not told them.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That's Houston's finest for you.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.