Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

04.27.12 @ 07:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Need help with some outdoor audio options

I'm trying to find the best and most economical way have music on our back patio. We have a wireless network and I would love to be able to setup a playlist on one of our computers and somehow transmit it outside. I've been searching online but have come up empty. I guess I really have no idea what I'm looking for. I'm assuming the speakers, be them wired or wireless, need to have some sort of dedicated transmitter that is the "go between" from your source (computer, receiver, etc.) and the outdoor speakers. Any suggestions?
    "Yeah, "Panama" is a pretty sexy song; I always thought that song should’ve been sung by a girl; now ya got Sammy Hagar. Any questions?"

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Not sure how elaborate you want to go, but at my old house I had a pair of Rockustics that were wired to a seperate amp which was 'slaved' off my a/v reciever. Someone could be watching a movie in the living room in 5.1 while you listened to whatever source you wanted to outside. The speakers weren't cheap, but they sounded outstanding...in fact, they ended up being a selling point for the buyer of the house.

http://www.rockusticsinc.com/
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

get a main amp that has a A/B swtich, thats your easiest if you are ready to replace your main stereo amp

Then I just ran wires to nice sony outdoor speakers. So I can have inside/outside or both from anything on my TV/CD/DVD etc...
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Last Online

05.27.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Last year, I added stereo speakers to the outside of my house so that we could listen to them on the deck. I bought and outdoor set of Yamaha speakers (complete with brackets) at Best Buy for around $125.00 and mounted them unerneath my overhang/gutter so that they were out of the weather. I also "aimed" them down toward the deck area because the brackets allow for adjustability. From there, I ran 10 gauge wires through my attic (unerneath the plywood floor) until I was directly above the stereo in the living room. I then drilled a small hole through the ceiling and dropped the wires down to the back of the stereo. Yes, you can see the 3 feet of wire in the living room from the ceiling to the stereo but I'm not worried about that. I didn't want a "permanent" setup in the event that I wanted to move things around.

These speakers sound good and can handle bass very good. While they're not "top of the line" in audio, they sound very good for what we need them for. Even my friends make cool comments about them and the fact that I don't have to bring out a portable radio anymore. It works awesome when I plug in my I-Pod and put it on shuffle!

I forgot to mention that my stereo has an A/B switch on the front face, so I can alternate between the indoor speakers, the outdoor speakers, or both.
    Last edited by HissingCobra; 08.02.09 at 05:57 PM.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here is what I do...

I have a amp in my living room and have run speaker wire from my extra set of front jacks to a speaker jack outside (down in the basement and back out the basement wall)...

I then just run speaker wire to where you want your rock speakers (I did it this way, so that if the outdoor speaker wire ever got cut or old, I only had to replace 15ft of it back to the outdoor jack)....

I also have all my music on my Ipod, and have a dock station hooked up to my amp....Bingo...All my music/Radio outside on my deck....

The killer thing is my Ipod remote works through my window on my deck (Us Canadians are lazy that way, we only want to get up to get beer !)

Bottoms Up !
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

go the Home Theater Store or some place like that.

They make a wireless units that can access your computer's music folder and send it to any room in the house where you place a receiver.

You also just take your ipod outside and plug into a boombox...but that's just me.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.