Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Diesel Police Car for Police | Carbon Motors Corporation

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why in the world would you want a cop car with a diesel engine? Great for low end torque, but not exactly a top end flyer. Guess they don't mind criminals getting away. Not to mention the exhaust emissions of one.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thing looks like it belongs in Robocop.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Thing looks like it belongs in Robocop.
    no joke...that thing hardly implies "serve and protect." That thing looks like the cop car from Transformers. That cop car says "I'm coming to fuck you up."

I like it.

Just not if it's coming after me.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

friend of mine has a jetta tdi. anyone that thinks a diesel scream down the road is sorely mistaken. ive driven it and was quite impressed!
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    Guess they don't mind criminals getting away.
    can't outrun the radio and the shotgun...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Why in the world would you want a cop car with a diesel engine? Great for low end torque, but not exactly a top end flyer. Guess they don't mind criminals getting away. Not to mention the exhaust emissions of one.
    With all the emission regulations for diesel engines, this thing will burn cleaner than a regular gas-burning motor. Not to mention, if set up properly, will toast most cars out there. Depends on what the overall horsepower will be, and size of motor.

Another plus is that you can go further between fill-up's with a diesel engine, as opposed to a regular gas burning cruiser.

Most cruisers average 10-16 mpg. I would venture you'll see 22-30 mpg with this thing. Mind you, that's based on me driving a diesel engine that get's about 7-8 mpg, but I'm hauliong 40,000 pound regularly. And according to the website, they're looking at an operation span of 250,000 miles. Most cruisers will put on 70-90,000 miles in a year, that's roughly a three year trade cycle. This mileage estimate will put it closer to 5-6 years.

With the money saved in fuel costs and not having to trade as often, it might be a tad spendy at first, but the long term pay off is worth looking at. Especially for cash-strapped states like California & Texas.

If I were still doing LE work, I'd love to take one for a spin and see what it has to offer.

I looked at the pdf. spec sheet. HOLY SHIT. Officer RoboCop Murphy would be jealous.

http://www.carbonmotors.com/pdf/comparison.pdf
    Last edited by RRMB; 07.31.09 at 12:56 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Imagine this fuckin thing sneaking up behind you. Suddenly, an irresistable urge to look in your rearview mirror hits. You look, and you see this thing in it.

And after getting pulled over, two rather large, imposing figures get out of it.

Pardon me Trooper, I have to go clean my shorts out.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    can't outrun the radio and the shotgun...
    or the helicopter, the roadblock, the GPS or the other 1000 or so cop cars.

Aside from that, still shots of that thing parked and keys in some dude's pocket, make that car look like it's going 90.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I told my dad, a retired Illinois trooper, about this beast. He said it sounded interesting. So he went to my brother's house to take a look at the website. He wants to beg for a chane to come out of retirement at 67, just to drive this thing for a one week tour of duty.

He said it's EXACTLY what the LE community has been trying to get Detroit to build for years. Finally, someone has.

He says it may take a couple years, like with the Impala & Charger. But he thinks if it lives up to the hype, The Big 3 will be tucking tail and running scared.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    He says it may take a couple years, like with the Impala & Charger. But he thinks if it lives up to the hype, The Big 3 will be tucking tail and running scared.
    Maybe Ford should try to buy it.
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    Maybe Ford should try to buy it.
    I could see a partnership, but, with Carbon Motors being so new, I think The Big 3 will wait to see if it sinks or swims. My dad thinks that this thing is going to catch on like wildfire, and leave Fordm Chevy & Dodge in it's dust.

So far, most of the state police agencies are going to test at least 5 of them. Indiana is going with 100, if I read correctly. Being that it's based in Idiana, I wouldn't doubt it.

When it comes to LE things, I have yet to see him be wrong about these types of items.
    Last edited by RRMB; 08.03.09 at 04:44 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    With all the emission regulations for diesel engines, this thing will burn cleaner than a regular gas-burning motor. Not to mention, if set up properly, will toast most cars out there. Depends on what the overall horsepower will be, and size of motor.

Another plus is that you can go further between fill-up's with a diesel engine, as opposed to a regular gas burning cruiser.

Most cruisers average 10-16 mpg. I would venture you'll see 22-30 mpg with this thing. Mind you, that's based on me driving a diesel engine that get's about 7-8 mpg, but I'm hauliong 40,000 pound regularly. And according to the website, they're looking at an operation span of 250,000 miles. Most cruisers will put on 70-90,000 miles in a year, that's roughly a three year trade cycle. This mileage estimate will put it closer to 5-6 years.

With the money saved in fuel costs and not having to trade as often, it might be a tad spendy at first, but the long term pay off is worth looking at. Especially for cash-strapped states like California & Texas.

If I were still doing LE work, I'd love to take one for a spin and see what it has to offer.

I looked at the pdf. spec sheet. HOLY SHIT. Officer RoboCop Murphy would be jealous.

http://www.carbonmotors.com/pdf/comparison.pdf
    I must say, I'm impressed after reading the specs on this thing. Hard to imagine a diesel powered car that's able to reach 150 mph. AND get 28/30 mpg. It's got considerably more horsepower than other cop cars too. You expect that with a diesel though. Larger disc brakes is a definite plus too. And all those extras they gave this car that others just don't have. I am wondering if you know what "forced induction" is with diesels? That implies being supercharged if not mistaken. I've also never heard of "ultra low sulphur" diesel. Is that something not ordinarily sold to the masses? I'm not familiar with the term I guess.

the specs

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    or the helicopter, the roadblock, the GPS or the other 1000 or so cop cars.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am wondering if you know what "forced induction" is with diesels? That implies being supercharged if not mistaken. I've also never heard of "ultra low sulphur" diesel. Is that something not ordinarily sold to the masses? I'm not familiar with the term I guess.
    most diesels run turbos, not superchargers.

i think ultra low sulphur is the "new" diesel fuel formula.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10