Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default MA:"VAN HALEN's ROCK HALL Induction Was 'A Pretty Bittersweet Thing"

From Blabbermouth:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=124344

Although both Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in 2007 with VAN HALEN, the band never performed at the induction since Eddie and Alex Van Halen were no-shows at the event.

Artisan News Service recently caught up with Hagar and Anthony to get their thoughts on the induction.

"You know, it was a pretty bittersweet thing for me," said Anthony "It was uncomfortable. It was one of the greatest nights, you know, one of the biggest accolades a person in the business can have. To be recognized for everything that we've done. I remember turning to Sammy, I think R.E.M. was playing and we were going, 'Man, it should have been us.'" Sammy added, "It could have been. Like the way METALLICA did it this last year, they brought both bass players. The brought the father of the bass player that died, Cliff, and they all played together. That's the way you're supposed to do it at an event like that. So, it wasn't cool, I don't care what anybody says — I'll dog those guys the rest of my life for not doing that — but for me not to be there, or Mike not to be there, are you kidding? Like I said, it would take a shotgun to keep me from being there. It's an honor to be brought into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame and I'm going to show up if I'm invited, you know?! It's as simple as that."

Watch video footage of Hagar and Anthony talking about the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction at this location.

Hagar and Anthony are currently playing together in CHICKENFOOT, which also includes guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith.

CHICKENFOOT's self-titled debut album has sold 247,000 copies in the United States since its June 5 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The LP is packaged in heat-sensitive artwork, which means when you put your hand on the CD inlay, photos of the band members are revealed behind the CHICKENFOOT band logo.

The band will launch its first major North American tour on August 2 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, finishing up on September 27 in Universal City, California.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    From Blabbermouth:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=124344

Although both Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in 2007 with VAN HALEN, the band never performed at the induction since Eddie and Alex Van Halen were no-shows at the event.

Artisan News Service recently caught up with Hagar and Anthony to get their thoughts on the induction.

"You know, it was a pretty bittersweet thing for me," said Anthony "It was uncomfortable. It was one of the greatest nights, you know, one of the biggest accolades a person in the business can have. To be recognized for everything that we've done. I remember turning to Sammy, I think R.E.M. was playing and we were going, 'Man, it should have been us.'" Sammy added, "It could have been. Like the way METALLICA did it this last year, they brought both bass players. The brought the father of the bass player that died, Cliff, and they all played together. That's the way you're supposed to do it at an event like that. So, it wasn't cool, I don't care what anybody says — I'll dog those guys the rest of my life for not doing that — but for me not to be there, or Mike not to be there, are you kidding? Like I said, it would take a shotgun to keep me from being there. It's an honor to be brought into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame and I'm going to show up if I'm invited, you know?! It's as simple as that."
    Watch video footage of Hagar and Anthony talking about the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction at this location.

Hagar and Anthony are currently playing together in CHICKENFOOT, which also includes guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith.

CHICKENFOOT's self-titled debut album has sold 247,000 copies in the United States since its June 5 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The LP is packaged in heat-sensitive artwork, which means when you put your hand on the CD inlay, photos of the band members are revealed behind the CHICKENFOOT band logo.

The band will launch its first major North American tour on August 2 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, finishing up on September 27 in Universal City, California.

there's some awkward writing there. The quote is attributed to Anthony but it becomes evident that it's Sammy speaking.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:49 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

Why would anyone do an interview about this now? Sam and Mike need to promote the tour, but I wonder why the journalist decided to choose this as the topic of the interview.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    there's some awkward writing there. The quote is attributed to Anthony but it becomes evident that it's Sammy speaking.
    I had to read it twice, as well. The first quote is MA, the second one is Sammy.. (see Sammy added,...)
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Why would anyone do an interview about this now? Sam and Mike need to promote the tour, but I wonder why the journalist decided to choose this as the topic of the interview.
    You're right. It's kinda like asking Ed if he's heard Chickenfoot and getting the response, "Michael Anthony quit VH"....
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Mike's a class act.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 4,807 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

Well I am going to get blasted for this but oh well.

This shows you the real Sammy which is almost as spiteful as Eddie. I have no problem with him being mad at Alex or Dave. They could have and should have been there. However Eddie was in a rehab facility. If the guy or his family thought that it was more important for him to get help than to be be in public, respect their wishes. Mostly when you were up on stage saying in so many words "hope I get my brother back and good luck."

Now Eddie ruined his moment for trying to help his addiction.

Have some fucking compassion. Regardless of how Eddie fucked up VH, he is still a human being. Sammy sounds like a kid who is mad at his parents because there are less Christmas presents because the dad was layed off.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Not bad. Only took 6 responses.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

ARMBI!

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Class acts

There's a time and place for everything!

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

What's the problem....He can't dog 2 out of 3 guys? If Dave and Al didnt show then...they wouldn't show up tomorrow if it took place then. I doubt Ed would either. The whole thing was a joke. I think Sammy is done with the sympathy for Ed.

Last Online

08.29.14 @ 12:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The text isnt skewed..you have to see the video to understand it. Both Sam and Mike are fielding questions at the same time from one person. They go back and forth..It just looks weird in writing.

and as for Ed being in rehab at the time, that may be true, but was it ever really proven...did Ed or anyone else come out and say it? maybe I missed it.

and what about Dave and Alex? It makes no sense...What? they can attend either, just because Eds not available?
    And don't give me the Daves on a Gag order BS..that's such a crock...
    They should havALL done the right thing and went w/ or w/o Ed. They could have made a statement on stage to the effect of "We wish Ed could have been here, but he's taking care if himself right now"

I'm sure people would have understood...as Ed should have.

It was just an uncomfortable situation all around I'm sure.
    If cleanliness were next to Godliness, then that would make you the devil...(CLUTCH)...

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

The RRHoF induction ceremony was yet another botched moment in VH's recent history--a missing the mark, a great thing that could have been. It would have been an incredible moment for the fans and for the band (and for the band's legacy). 'Tis the status quo in the land of VH.

Damn my freakin' love of Van Halen's music. It would be so much easier to simply not care.

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

The RRHOF is a bullshit event anyway. Who cares?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' with the Devil
    Last Online

10.15.11 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kudos to MA for being the only CVH member to show up at the R&RHOF induction ceremony.

The non-appearances of EVH, AVH, and Diamond DLR is LAME. But what do you expect from EVH the curmudgeon?
    DLR, circa 2001:

"Hey this is David Lee Roth and I promised you the news and here's the news.

About a year ago myself and the great Van Halen band played together once or twice and it sounded amazing!

In the following several months Edward and I, Edward Van Halen and me, David Lee Roth, created some of the most amazing, phenomenal - the hands fell off the clock ladies and gentleman and we wrote three astonishing tunes.

That was last July (2000) and since then I haven't been up to the studio, we haven't really been in touch and we haven't made any music, but I am holding forth, I'm in the shape of my life and I got the high note - I'm ready to go.

And I am positive for the future ladies and gentleman.

Stay tuned and I'll tell you what the future brings..."