Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Default Anyone know about Knock-off Jerseys?

Anyone know of a good place to get knock-off NHL jerseys in the Toronto/Hamilton area?

Not these...I already have them, except for the Flyers...

One noticeable difference between Judas Priest and Metallica...
    ...Judas Priest only has one gay guy in the band.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 414 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h*bunter View Post
    Anyone know of a good place to get knock-off NHL jerseys in the Toronto/Hamilton area?

Not these...I already have them, except for the Flyers...

Go on Ebay. There's a user in Hong Kong that sells Reebok jerseys for $45-60 bucks US.

I got a Canadiens jersey for $45 bucks US ended up coming to (with shipping) $80 bucks Canadian.

Let me know if you want the link.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

06.11.16 @ 04:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Be careful. I've seen some really bad knock-offs. A tell-tail sign of bad work is with the lettering. Sometimes the inside of the letter "R" is a circle instead of "D" shape.

I go back and get the old CCM ones. They're nicer in my opinion. You can get one customized to any player for about $100.

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    Go on Ebay. There's a user in Hong Kong that sells Reebok jerseys for $45-60 bucks US.

I got a Canadiens jersey for $45 bucks US ended up coming to (with shipping) $80 bucks Canadian.

Let me know if you want the link.
    Have you got the link for me?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    Any idea what they charge for shipping?

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Be real weary of buying really lame, cheap knock-offs. I know you want to save a few bucks but if you're set on buying a jersey then spend a few extra bucks to get something that will look good. Doesn't mean you have to buy true authentic but don't go too bottom-end either.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. I don't have any knock offs currently, but there are some good ones out there.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

for some reason, when I see people wearing sports jersies with someone else's name on them, or even their own, I always think it's dumb.

I was at an astros game over the weekend and I saw a ton of people wearing Biggio, Berkman and other Astros jersies on. I don't get it. Then, I'd see jersies where the people had their own name put on the back...but they're not actually on the team. It just seems like the ultimate sign of wannabeism and vicarious thrills.

I can see collecting players' jersies but buying them to wear? I think it's pretty tacky and lame.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    for some reason, when I see people wearing sports jersies with someone else's name on them, or even their own, I always think it's dumb.

I was at an astros game over the weekend and I saw a ton of people wearing Biggio, Berkman and other Astros jersies on. I don't get it. Then, I'd see jersies where the people had their own name put on the back...but they're not actually on the team. It just seems like the ultimate sign of wannabeism and vicarious thrills.

I can see collecting players' jersies but buying them to wear? I think it's pretty tacky and lame.
    It's called support. It's no more or less tacky than wearing a VH shirt to a concert.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    It's called support. It's no more or less tacky than wearing a VH shirt to a concert.
    yeah...I think if I were going to buy a jersey, it would be blank...not my name or anyone else's name and I wouldn't want a number on it. The way I look at it is, I'm not actually on the team so I don't want to dress like I am, though I would want to show my support.

does that make sense?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

yeah...I think if I were going to buy a jersey, it would be blank...not my name or anyone else's name and I wouldn't want a number on it. The way I look at it is, I'm not actually on the team so I don't want to dress like I am, though I would want to show my support.

does that make sense?
    actually, yes, you did make sense

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Really? I like you and everything, but I don't understand this at all.

Between the Cubs, Blackhawks, and Bears, I wear upwards of three jerseys a week, depending on which season it is. And I have jerseys with players' names on them: Mark Grace, Mark DeRosa, Aramis Ramirez, Patrick Sharp, Patrick Kane, Tony Amonte, and Lance Briggs. It has nothing to do with wannabeism. It's me showing my pride in the players who have proven to me they're worth the money they make and continue to perform.

I have a Cubs jersey with my own name on it too. Sometimes you just like to be a little different from everyone else in the stands at Wrigley
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    Really? I like you and everything, but I don't understand this at all.

Between the Cubs, Blackhawks, and Bears, I wear upwards of three jerseys a week, depending on which season it is. And I have jerseys with players' names on them: Mark Grace, Mark DeRosa, Aramis Ramirez, Patrick Sharp, Patrick Kane, Tony Amonte, and Lance Briggs. It has nothing to do with wannabeism. It's me showing my pride in the players who have proven to me they're worth the money they make and continue to perform.

I have a Cubs jersey with my own name on it too. Sometimes you just like to be a little different from everyone else in the stands at Wrigley
    yeeeahhh...when I woke up this morning I thought about this post and thought, "man, I really shouldn't have phrased it like that. I come off really rough on a lot of folks...many of which are buds. I have had friends over the years that practically lived in authentic jerseys."

I think, for the most part, folks that wear jerseys are doing so with the same feeling you described: pride in the players. It does say something when you're willing to carry someone else's name on your back. I get that.

Honestly, I was half way through a bottle of cheap whiskey and diet coke and feeling surly.

Not that I'm distancing myself from what I said, because I still say I would never wear a jersey with a name on it, mine or their's and I do think there's a certain vicarious sense of belonging that fuels some of the people but I think I did a poor job of really explaining what everything I was trying to say.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 414 Times in 249 Posts

yeeeahhh...when I woke up this morning I thought about this post and thought, "man, I really shouldn't have phrased it like that. I come off really rough on a lot of folks...many of which are buds. I have had friends over the years that practically lived in authentic jerseys."

I think, for the most part, folks that wear jerseys are doing so with the same feeling you described: pride in the players. It does say something when you're willing to carry someone else's name on your back. I get that.

Honestly, I was half way through a bottle of cheap whiskey and diet coke and feeling surly.

Not that I'm distancing myself from what I said, because I still say I would never wear a jersey with a name on it, mine or their's and I do think there's a certain vicarious sense of belonging that fuels some of the people but I think I did a poor job of really explaining what everything I was trying to say.
    Nah. You phrased it fine my friend.

Why anybody would wear a Blackhawks jersey, I have no fuckin' clue.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel