Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

Thread: True Blood

  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default True Blood

    So who's watching it?

    The Wife and I are camped in front of the TV every Sunday evening for it as it has become one of, if not the, favourite show.

    For those unaware, it's an HBO series based on the Southern Vampire Chronicles series of books.

    The basic premise is that vampires exist and they have come out into the open...or have come "out of the coffin" as it were.

    This creates various conflicts and issues like: can they vote, vampire/human relationships and marriages, etc etc etc.

    The main character is a telepath named Sookie Stackhouse and is played by Anna Paquin. As a telepath she can read people's minds, but not vampires. She falls in love with one named Bill who has been a vampire since the Civil War.

    Another aspect of the show is that werewolves and other shape shifters as well as fairies also exist, though those groups are not out in the open and are paying attention to how the vampires handle coming out.

    There's lots of sex, drugs, wonderful acting and some very witty writing.
    Stay out of it, dude.


    I am Van Halen.

  2. #2
    Eruption lacy_vious's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.09
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    1,072
    Last Online

    03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    So who's watching it?

    The Wife and I are camped in front of the TV every Sunday evening for it as it has become one of, if not the, favourite show.

    For those unaware, it's an HBO series based on the Southern Vampire Chronicles series of books.

    The basic premise is that vampires exist and they have come out into the open...or have come "out of the coffin" as it were.

    This creates various conflicts and issues like: can they vote, vampire/human relationships and marriages, etc etc etc.

    The main character is a telepath named Sookie Stackhouse and is played by Anna Paquin. As a telepath she can read people's minds, but not vampires. She falls in love with one named Bill who has been a vampire since the Civil War.

    Another aspect of the show is that werewolves and other shape shifters as well as fairies also exist, though those groups are not out in the open and are paying attention to how the vampires handle coming out.

    There's lots of sex, drugs, wonderful acting and some very witty writing.
    Now hold on sec, faeries have not been introduced in the show yet, and werewolves have only been mentioned. Gotta keep the books and the tv show seperate or you'll confuse people who haven't read the books yet. Although, personally I can't wait till they introduce Claude and Claudine.

    And good news for all, Charlaine Harris has announed she's going to write a book 11, 12 and 13!! Considering there was rumor that her next book was going to be her last "Sookie-verse" book, I think this is AWESOME news. I read 1-9 way too quickly and am buying up all the books with the related short stories as we can afford for me to. It is quite the addictive series.

    LV

  3. #3
    Eruption lacy_vious's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.09
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    1,072
    Last Online

    03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I am thinking Broken needs to find some sexy pics of Anna Paquin as Sookie up here. Hopefully he'll be nice and put some of Eric as well. Or Jason Stackhouse.

    LV

  4. #4
    Romeo Delight groovetuber's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.25.09
    Age
    29
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    45
    Last Online

    11.17.09 @ 06:32 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I've been watching True Blood since day one! It definitely reals you in. I've always been a big fan of Alan Ball, American Beauty is one of my all time favorite movies, and Six Feet under is my all time favorite show. Need to watch last night's episode of True Blood, this season is starting to heat up! Anyone who hasn't seen it should check it out.


    P.S. Anna Paquin is super hot in this show

  5. #5
    Eruption
    Join Date
    12.06.01
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    875
    Favorite VH Album

    I have to pick?
    Last Online

    10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    My wife and I are the same way, glued to the TV on Sunday night for this show. I was sad that HBO cancelled Rome after only 2 seasons, but they totally made up for it with True Blood. I hope this series lasts a while, I love this show.

    Oh and yeah, these are real vampires that die in the sun, they don't sparkle like the teenager play-vampires do. =p
    Your favorite band sucks.

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xaminer View Post
    My wife and I are the same way, glued to the TV on Sunday night for this show. I was sad that HBO cancelled Rome after only 2 seasons, but they totally made up for it with True Blood. I hope this series lasts a while, I love this show.

    Oh and yeah, these are real vampires that die in the sun, they don't sparkle like the teenager play-vampires do. =p
    yeah no joke. I like my vampires served up with lots of blood, pale skin, a very nasty mean streak and plenty of sexuality.

    i've no interesting in sparkly mormon teenage vampires.

    now then...the mad hot vampire chick that Bill made as punishment...jeebus, I'll take her anytime!
    Stay out of it, dude.


    I am Van Halen.

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing! csm5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,094
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I got into True Blood late in the game-typical of all the shows I watch. Season 1 was/is great and I'm looking forward to seeing season 2-I know it is on now, however I'm sure it is nearing the end, so I'll just wait for it come out on DVD. Being from Louisiana, some of the cliches are kinda hooky (i.e. mispronouncing cajun words and using corny accents, Lafayette is the name of a mid-major city, not a flamboyant gay cook-Bon Temps is also a saying, not a name for a town). Still despite these minor hang ups, I enjoy the show-not a glittery homo vampire-lots of sex is a plus as well and seeing Anna's boobs is another plus. On top of that Alan Ball has a hand in it.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

    If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

  8. #8
    Eruption lacy_vious's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.09
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    1,072
    Last Online

    03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    yeah no joke. I like my vampires served up with lots of blood, pale skin, a very nasty mean streak and plenty of sexuality.

    i've no interesting in sparkly mormon teenage vampires.

    now then...the mad hot vampire chick that Bill made as punishment...jeebus, I'll take her anytime!
    I'll see your Jessica and raise you an Eric. Man, they found some beautiful people for this show. And I have to say, that montage with the preacher's wife strutting her stuff in front of the bbq grill to Sammy Kershaw's "Louisiana Hot Sauce" a couple weeks ago even raised my eyebrows.

    LV

  9. #9
    Eruption lacy_vious's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.09
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    1,072
    Last Online

    03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csm5150 View Post
    I got into True Blood late in the game-typical of all the shows I watch. Season 1 was/is great and I'm looking forward to seeing season 2-I know it is on now, however I'm sure it is nearing the end, so I'll just wait for it come out on DVD. Being from Louisiana, some of the cliches are kinda hooky (i.e. mispronouncing cajun words and using corny accents, Lafayette is the name of a mid-major city, not a flamboyant gay cook-Bon Temps is also a saying, not a name for a town). Still despite these minor hang ups, I enjoy the show-not a glittery homo vampire-lots of sex is a plus as well and seeing Anna's boobs is another plus. On top of that Alan Ball has a hand in it.
    The season is only half over. If you spent this weekend watching the first 7 episodes on demand, you'd be caught up by the next episode next Sunday. They upped the sex factor this season.

    LV

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    alrighty...some pics.

    Sookie and Vampire Bill



    Eric



    Jessica



    Jason



    Sam and Tara

    Stay out of it, dude.


    I am Van Halen.

  11. #11
    Sinner's Swing! csm5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,094
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lacy_vious View Post
    The season is only half over. If you spent this weekend watching the first 7 episodes on demand, you'd be caught up by the next episode next Sunday. They upped the sex factor this season.

    LV
    True, I could watch it on here, but I'm old fashioned and rather watch on TV. Plus it is hard to do anything for an extended period of time w/two kids (6 and 3 running around here). On top of that, no HBO on my sat here. So I'll just wait for the DVD to come out. A friend of mine told me they did up the sex factor alot-she likes it a great deal (she has an extensive porn collection-freak, but in the good way).

    My wife saw one of the first ones where the girl was chained to the ceiling. I asked her if it gave her any ideas, but I was gunned down.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

    If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

  12. #12
    Baluchitherium sinner's swing's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.00
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,819
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.02.17 @ 07:05 AM
    Likes
    2,511
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    LOVE this show. My friend kept talking about it and I brushed it off thinking of how terrible Twilight is. So I downloaded season one and I've watched the first 9 eps. in 4 days. I'm hooked. Anna Paquin, mmmmmm.

  13. #13
    PM Goo with your concerns OLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.99
    Age
    49
    Location
    Enumclaw, WA
    Posts
    18,055
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 08:07 AM
    Likes
    91
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    I just finished season 1 on DVD. Good show, I will wait for season 2 on DVD.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

  14. #14
    Eruption
    Join Date
    02.06.07
    Posts
    1,389
    Last Online

    10.10.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

    Default

    i really dig this show, best thing since Six Feet Under, and the same guy that created Six Feet Under does this one too,

  15. #15
    Romeo Delight groovetuber's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.25.09
    Age
    29
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    45
    Last Online

    11.17.09 @ 06:32 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanRoth07 View Post
    i really dig this show, best thing since Six Feet Under, and the same guy that created Six Feet Under does this one too,
    Alan Ball is the shit! Six Feet Under is the best show of all time for me. Closely behind is Freaks and Geeks, but that's another thread.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. True Blood
    By VanRoth07 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09.14.08, 07:28 PM
  2. Blood From a Stone
    By vhmiami in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08.28.07, 07:37 AM
  3. Aerosmith & Van Halen... bad blood??
    By Badabing in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 08.01.05, 06:39 AM
  4. Blood From A Stone - VH3 unreleased
    By SwissHalen in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11.26.00, 03:21 AM
  5. Blood Pumping songs?
    By Panama Dog in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09.24.00, 12:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •