Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:59 PM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

Default Denver cop accused of using gun to speed up McDonald's order

AURORA - A Denver Police officer faces felony menacing and weapons charges based on an allegation he pointed a pistol to speed up his order at an Aurora McDonald's in May.

An employee at the McDonald's at 18181 E. Hampden Ave. told investigators two Denver police officers were waiting for their order at the drive-through window in the early-morning hours when officer Derrick Curtis Saunders, 29, grew impatient and pulled a weapon.

Saunders allegedly became agitated while waiting with another off duty officer for their fast food order in the drive up lane of the McDonald's on East Hampden Avenue.

Employees told investigators that at some point Saunders became angry his order was taking too long and the black officer reportedly told an employee the slowness was due to racial reasons.

He allegedly then told an employee he was a cop and showed a badge and pointed his gun at the employee.

In addition to the menacing and weapons charges, Saunders is also charged with prohibited use of a weapon, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, the Aurora Police Department said Monday.

Denver Police spokesman Sonny Jackson said Saunders has been suspended with pay during the investigation, but would be put on unpaid leave once the department is formally notified of the charges.

Jackson said neither he nor Police Chief Gerald Whitman would comment on the case.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

is this when someone is supposed to say "people don't understand how hard it is to be an officer of the law! Don't judge until you've walked a mile in their shoes. They put their lives on the line for and do it for peanuts...blah blah blah?"

Because it is, let me save you the trouble.

This is yet another example of how poluted the police force is on a nationwide level. Too many cops with too many issues...whether it be racial chip on their should, bigotry, napolean complex, bully complex, post traumatic stress disorder, greed, corruption and anything else.

Yes there are good cops...they are probably outnumbered.

This guy should never get to patrol even a mall parking lot again and should do serious jail time.

This is the kind of thing that gives people way too much reason to want to ban guns and this is just the sort of crime that needs to carry jail time instead of just loss of job.

Brandishing a firearm in a threatening manner is serious shit and should be treated as such.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post

Brandishing a firearm in a threatening manner is serious shit and should be treated as such.
    And should be treated like any regular civilian with blind justice to the fact that he's a cop.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    And should be treated like any regular civilian with blind justice to the fact that he's a cop.
    you know...I don't think I agree. I think cops, by the very act of stepping up for the job they do, are saying "hold me to higher standard."

I don't have a problem with a cop suffering a higher penalty than a regular civilian.

So...if the penalty for a civilian doing the same thing were to carry a year in prison...perhaps the cops' sentence should be 18 months and never be able to work in law enforcement again.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.30.11 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

kinda off the topic of corrupt police officers...

but dont you ever think about what it would be like moving the line along in that manner? staff is moving a little slow, you're in a hurry or just tired of waiting. Finally you've had enough and this line comes out "Get me my Egg McMuffin right fuckin now! MOVE!!" Or in traffic. Someones following too closely behind or someone is going too slow in front of you. The possibilities are endless!

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

I'm quite happy to say that an egg mcmuffin has never driven me over the edge like this. Then again, that's just me.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:35 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Kinda like the good politicians!

This guy needs to be stripped of his badge and sent away for awhile.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

98% of the cops in this country are outstanding individuals. It's the small 2% that fuck it all up.

And you're all right, to an extent, the bad ones in every town all across the country.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

is this when someone is supposed to say "people don't understand how hard it is to be an officer of the law! Don't judge until you've walked a mile in their shoes. They put their lives on the line for and do it for peanuts...blah blah blah?"

Because it is, let me save you the trouble.

This is yet another example of how poluted the police force is on a nationwide level. Too many cops with too many issues...whether it be racial chip on their should, bigotry, napolean complex, bully complex, post traumatic stress disorder, greed, corruption and anything else.

This guy should never get to patrol even a mall parking lot again and should do serious jail time.

This is the kind of thing that gives people way too much reason to want to ban guns and this is just the sort of crime that needs to carry jail time instead of just loss of job.

Broke, you're a bud and I consider you to be one of the top dudes around here. So please don't take this as a personal attack.

Plain and simple....you just hate cops. That's all there is to it.

That being said, this cop sounds like a fuckin psycho.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

disagree completely, i think this is far worse than a regular person doing it.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    Broke, you're a bud and I consider you to be one of the top dudes around here. So please don't take this as a personal attack.

Plain and simple....you just hate cops. That's all there is to it.

That being said, this cop sounds like a fuckin psycho.
    you are correct sir. I think that's a pretty fair estimation of my outlook.

Though, I must say, I don't hate them so much as I fear them. You know how some people get worried and anxious driving through the bad part of town? How the roll the windows up and lock the door because they think some evil black guy is going to come and car jack them?

That's how I feel when I've been pulled over by a cop or when I walk into a store and there are cops around. I simply don't know if that particular cop is the one who is going to flip out.

I hate the cop establishment and the union that protects it. I hate that cops are underpaid and undervalued and as such attract a lower quality candidate. I hate that cops have to resort to doing private security at clubs and outside churches to make extra cash and I hate that cops have to resort to writing tons of meaningless and ineffective tickets just to fill the city coffers and pad their paychecks with bonuses.

I hate the fact that when I need a cop, they are never around. I hate that when there's no need for a cop, they're always around...hiding behind bushes looking for the poor soul who is going 26 in a 20 or doesn't come to a full and complete stop at an empty intersection.

I hate that somewhere along the lines "serve and protect" turned into "intimidate and bully."

I hate that I've had cops admit to me that they will drive aimlessly around town for an entire shift trying NOT to find any calls or emergencies.

So yeah, I have a lot of negative feelings towards the police system. Take it for what it's worth but the fact is I'm not one of those guys that's constantly getting hassled. I've never worn hand cuffs (well...for any police reason ) I've never sat in the back of a cop car. I've never been frisked...never been given a breathalizer (thank god) and I've never been in jail. I have been majorly hassled on a few traffic stops over the years...majorly, to the point that I thought about putting in a complaint but I'd just be giving it to another cop so what would be the point?

I haven't had a ticket in, jeez...4 years? I have been pulled over once and was given a warning...by a rude prick who didn't even say thank you when I said "happy father's day." But hey, at least he let me off with a warning.

I know, and I'm sure we all do, that guy that hates the police because he's always in trouble and it's NEVER his fault. That's not me at all. Like I said, I've never been in trouble. I am just bothered by the things I listed.

I like you LL, and I appreciate your comments.
    Last edited by broken9500; 07.23.09 at 09:32 AM.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    disagree completely, i think this is far worse than a regular person doing it.
    Agreed. It's a matter of public trust being placed into this individual, and that individual betraying that trust.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Ok, that's 2 now. I should elaborate.

What my meaning was, was that he shouldn't be given any kind of preferential treatment because he is a cop. I wouldn't want his badge to protect him in any way legally here and I'd hope he gets creamed.

That said, while yes he should be held to a higher standard and yes he should absolutely loose that badge immediately and never get it back, as far as the law goes I don't think there should be any LEGAL differences at all between him and Joe gang banger. In fairness, legally the cop shouldn't get anything less, but at the same time he shouldn't get anything more either just because he's a cop. The profession is and should be separate from the crime.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

What my meaning was, was that he shouldn't be given any kind of preferential treatment because he is a cop. I wouldn't want his badge to protect him in any way legally here and I'd hope he gets creamed.

That said, while yes he should be held to a higher standard and yes he should absolutely loose that badge immediately and never get it back, as far as the law goes I don't think there should be any LEGAL differences at all between him and Joe gang banger. In fairness, legally the cop shouldn't get anything less, but at the same time he shouldn't get anything more either just because he's a cop. The profession is and should be separate from the crime.

ok, agreed completely.

I'm a pro-cop guy. I think it's incredibly important that bad cops lose their gigs at the first sign of misuse - the profession needs to be protected. I think most cops are underpaid and really underappreciated and the actions of jerks like this guy don't help.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ok I get what you're saying. Though, I do think penalties for cop crime should be heavier than non-cop crime. Hell, look at like this: you kill a homeless guy, you get one penalty. You kill a cop and you're completely fucked. That is because cops are supposed to be the best of the best, the guys that are out the sacrificing everything so the rest of us can be safe in our homes and in our daily lives. To kill one of them is an attack on the very glue that is supposed to bind the civility of our community.

Cops are supposed to be held to a higher standard...with that comes greater responsibility, greater personal risk in terms of being in dangerous situations AND it should come with greater consequences if you commit a crime.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.