Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Default Have You Ever Ditched A Date

Ok, I've been thinking again, and I want to know if any of you have ever ditched a date.

I have....twice...an old b/f called me and asked me out...To make a long story short, I think I might have been in the car with him for 10 minutes, when all of a sudden, I got a VERY bad stomach ache and he had to rush me home. Then, lo and behold...as soon as he pulled out of my driveway, I suddenly recovered, called up a few of my chicks, and we hit the town.

The second time, I was with a guy that I didn't know well, so I told him that I had to get home to my kid. I wasn't a mother at this time either......

So, if you've got a ditching story, by all means, please share.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was set up on a blind date just after I got divorced. I was still living in California at the time. Camarillo, in fact. So we agreed to meet a Chuy's. She told me what she would be wearing so I would recognize her. Well, I see her and she is just hideous. I mean, I'm sorry but when you're not attracted to someone, that's one thing, but this girl had nasty teeth, hair, but still thought she was all that and a bucket of chicken. So she gets up to go to the bathroom, I grab the waitress, pay the tab then jump the wall, (those of you who know Chuy's will understand that reference), get to my car and leave! LOL.... I still remember it vividly to this day. Was it a crappy thing to do? Yes. But Kimmie asked.....
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I guess you could say that this is a 'ditching' story. My roommate had a gal he was seeing and she wanted to set me up with her friend...you can see where this is going already. Since I worked later than the other three, I agreed to meet them at this beer and burger joint around 6. I get there, took a good look through the window and made a beeline back to my Jeep.

Roommate's night did not go quite as he planned.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    I was set up on a blind date just after I got divorced. I was still living in California at the time. Camarillo, in fact. So we agreed to meet a Chuy's. She told me what she would be wearing so I would recognize her. Well, I see her and she is just hideous. I mean, I'm sorry but when you're not attracted to someone, that's one thing, but this girl had nasty teeth, hair, but still thought she was all that and a bucket of chicken. So she gets up to go to the bathroom, I grab the waitress, pay the tab then jump the wall, (those of you who know Chuy's will understand that reference), get to my car and leave! LOL.... I still remember it vividly to this day. Was it a crappy thing to do? Yes. But Kimmie asked.....

That is pretty crappy, but you're no crappier than I am. Made me remember..oh god...another time that I was supposed to meet up with a guy at the movies....I made my best friend go with me, and I'm not going to lie, we were high as kites. We were sitting there, saw him walk in and ducked....watched him go sit, he kept looking around, we kept hiding, then when the movie started, we sneaked out. THAT was just SO mean. I never was into him, not sure why I agreed to go to the movies with him...guess I said yes out of pity. I should've been upfront with him from the get-go..............

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    I still have the scars from watching you leave, thanks a lot!!!

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulGirl5150 View Post

Next time leave through the door rather than jumping through the window.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:29 AM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

back when I was single, dates were hard enough to come by for me to be turning them down or running out on them. So, short answer - "No."

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    back when I was single, dates were hard enough to come by for me to be turning them down or running out on them. So, short answer - "No."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:50 AM
    Liked 134 Times in 86 Posts

Once, out with the boys back in the day at a strip club, just train wrecked drunk...this dancer wants me to go with her to this after hours club, so i drive her there, we dance and whatever, i quit drinking and start to sober up and proceed to get a good look at her face in the light...yada, yada, yada, i went home alone. I knew she knew some people there that could get her back to her car, so i wasnt that big of a dick...but man, probably saved myself an STD. Good times.
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Only once. Had a one-nighter and after the deed was done over at her place, she started talking about me coming to work with her in the morning.

Yes....she wanted me to accompany her while she met with some people she needed "just to sign documents" or some shit. Said she was in real estate...blah, blah...and it would be fun if I got up with her at the taint of fucking dawn to go meet these people. Fuck on fries.

I waited til about 3am, made sure she was dead asleep (and with all the wine she'd had it was a drop dead certainty), got dressed, and snuck out thru the garage. Was back in my own bed by 4am.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulGirl5150 View Post
    This is a joke, right?
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Back in high school, I believe freshman year, I was talking to this chick on the phone. She was at some youth group/bible study nonsense her parents made her go to and she and a girlfriend used some down time to give me a call. In the background I heard another girl asking to use the phone and I told them "hey, put that chick on." They did, giggling as young school girls only do, and I said "see...now you're using the phone." She giggled and started flirting with me. We actually exchanged phone numbers before she gave me back to the first two girls I was talking to and that was that.

Then over the course of the next month or so, that girl would call me and we would talk on the phone for hours. She seemed pretty cool. She went to a different school so I had never seen her before. One night she says "we should totally meet in person." This is how that played out.

ME: "well...what do you look like?"
    HER: "well...would it matter?"
    ME: "well...sure it would."
    HER: "well...I'm about about 5'2" and I weigh about 100 pounds. I have blonde hair, light blue eyes and very fair skin."
    ME: "K...well, I'm about 5'10", I weigh about 140 pounds and I have long dark brown hair with brown eyes and skin."
    HER: "so...where do you want to go?"
    ME: "let's go go-kart riding or something."
    HER: "OK."

So, that was that. We had agreed to hook up at this go-kart, mini-golf, arcade place we had in our area. Her dad would drop off, mine would pick up. Everything was set for the following Friday night.

My dad, ever the skeptic but not wanting to ruin my hopes said "so...you've never seen her huh? This is like a blind date then."

I said "yeah, but she told me what she looked like and she sounds pretty actually."

In retrospect, the look on his face was priceless.

Then faitful night arrived. There was a knock at the door. I open it and what I see before me was...well...NOT what I had imagined.

She was about 5'2" alright but easily 160-170 pounds. She had rolls on either side, a pretty big gut, a fat face (the kind that makes the eyes look sunken in because she has a fat forehead and fat cheeks) and, if all that wasn't enough...she had the greasiest acne I've ever seen. wow.

I really didn't want to go...at all. I was totally bummed. I get in the car and her dad is happy to meet me and says "so...you kids are hitting the go-carts huh?"

I got think fast...think fast.

"well....unless you'd rather go to a movie?!"

Movies are dark, there would be no friends at the movies. (The arcade/gocart joint was a regular hang out and I didn't want to be seen with the hobbit)

She said "you'd rather go to a movie?" "oh definitely!!" I said.

So that's what we did. Her old man dropped us off at the theater and I called my pop to tell him the change of plans and when and where to pick us up. He said ok and then, just before we hung up he says to me "bummer huh son?"

yeeeah.

So we get in line. I stand about 4 feet away from her. She gets up to the line and I don't offer to pay for her ticket. I then pay for mine and we go in. We head into the theater and I say "I'm going to go get some candy." I get up and leave. I hung out in the lobby for about 30 minutes. I ate a hot dog, played some video games, bought some candy and then finally went in. I sat with a seat in between us, using that seat for a resting place for the candy and my drink.

Movie ended, Dad showed up, I sat in the front, she sat in the back and we dropped her off at her cave in the forest.

I showed up at school on Monday and found those two girls that gave the phone to the hobbit and said "what the fuck?!!?! I thought she was cute." They started laughing hysterically...they couldn't believe I had maintained contact with her and they told me to watch out because she was crazy.

THEN, shit got wierd. This bitch started calling my house 10 times a day. She started telling me all these wierd ass stories. She called one night and said "this has been the worst day ever." Evidently, four of her relatives were all diagnosed with cancer. Then a few days later she tells me that her parents died horrible deaths. One on a plane, the other on a train. Then a few days later one of the cancer relatives died. Then another relative gave birth to a baby boy and the hobbit convinced her to name the baby after me. Then a few days later the baby died of...yep...cancer.

I go back to those two girls. They start laughing hysterically. "Is she telling you that everyone is dying of cancer yet?" I said "yeeeaaah." They said this was her thing. She was fucking crazy.

So I pick up the phone that evening and tell her never to call me ever again. Then for the next week I start getting crank calls...heavy breathing, the whole nine yards. Finally I tell her "look, bitch, call me again and I'm calling the cops." Phone rings back again, "FUCK YOU!!" click. Phone rings again and this time I've got Skid Row's Get the Fuck Out" cued up and blare the shit out of it into the phone and I hang up. Then, one more ring and silence and then click.

Never heard from her again until about 9 months later. I was about to order pizza and just as I was about to grab the phone, it rings. I say "hello." I hear "is broken there?" I say "yeeessss...who is this?" She says it's "Jennifer! Jennifer Lawrence! How have you been?! It's been soooo long since we talked! What's been going on?!" She sounds happy as can be. I tell her I'm fine but that I can't talk and hung up.

She must have gotten the message because I never have heard from her again.

Had I had a car on that blind date, bitch would have been left at the theater....not just because she was a hobbit, but because she was a fucking liar.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

What was the movie?
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I ditched a date with a male model because I thought he was out of my league. A friend of mine had shown him a goofy ass picture of me splayed out on a wall being a doofus and he asked my friend to set me up with him. I asked for a picture and I get sent a freaking modeling portfolio. The day of the date I made myself sick with anxiety and cancelled at last minute.

LV

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    What was the movie?
    damn the luck, if the ONLY freaking movie starting when we got there was JFK...yep...3 hours baby.

Quote Originally Posted by lacy_vious View Post
    I ditched a date with a male model because I thought he was out of my league. A friend of mine had shown him a goofy ass picture of me splayed out on a wall being a doofus and he asked my friend to set me up with him. I asked for a picture and I get sent a freaking modeling portfolio. The day of the date I made myself sick with anxiety and cancelled at last minute.

LV
    but it all worked out because I understood her fear and insecurity, and now we've been married for 5 years.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.