Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

Default Jimi Hendrix Murdered?

Jimi Hendrix Murder Theory "Plausible," Says Doctor
    Posted Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:43am PDT by Andy Pemberton in Musictoob

Jimi Hendrix was deliberately "drowned in red wine," says a new book--and the doctor who examined Hendrix's corpse says it's "plausible".

John Bannister, the on-call registrar at the now closed St. Mary Abbots Hospital in Kensington, said that Hendrix appeared to have drowned in a large amount of wine.

He said that it was "plausible" that Hendrix was murdered.

That is also the opinion of James "Tappy" Wright, who worked as a road manager for Hendrix.

Wright, 65, has claimed in a new book that Hendrix's manager Mike Jeffrey was heavily in debt, and so took out a $2 million life-insurance policy on the star. Wright claims Jeffrey told him Hendrix was "worth more to him dead than alive."

Wright says that Jeffrey confessed ordering the killing of Hendrix a month before Jeffrey himself died in a plane crash.

Hendrix's offical cause of death was choking on vomit after taking painkillers.

According to Wright, a gang working for Jeffrey burst into Hendrix's flat and forced red wine and painkilers down his throat until he drowned.

Mr. Bannister, 67, said he had no idea who Hendrix was when he was called to Hendrix's flat on the morning of September 18, 1970.

Attempts to revive the star failed, said Mr. Bannister.

He said Mr. Wright's explanation of Hendrix's death "sounded plausible because of the volume of wine.”

“The amount of wine that was over him was just extraordinary. Not only was it saturated right through his hair and shirt, but his lungs and stomach were absolutely full of wine," he said.

"I have never seen so much wine. We had a sucker that you put down into his trachea, the entrance to his lungs and to the whole of the back of his throat.

“We kept sucking him out and it kept surging and surging. He had already vomited up masses of red wine and I would have thought there was half a bottle of wine in his hair. He had really drowned in a massive amount of red wine.”

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/mus...e-says-doctor/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

stranger things have happened in this world.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    stranger things have happened in this world.
    Yes they have. Such as the deathbed confession of the guy who killed Brian Jones, after all those years of everyone believing he was just stoned/drunk and drowned in his pool.
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

All bullshit to sell this guy's book...

The official coroner's report mentioned red wine being found in Jimi's stomach, but not enough quantity to indicate an alcohol overdose.

A few years ago the UK reopened and reviewed the case of his death due to allegations of mishandling by the Ambulance drivers who responded that night. All the evidence indicated Jimi was dead when they arrived. No mention of excessive amounts of wine on the body or in the bed they found him in.

Hendrix died from suffocation of his own vomit induced by taking sleeping pills prescribed to his girlfriend. She had a German brand that was 4 times stronger dose than the US ones Jimi had been prescribed.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Next someone will claim that Brian Jones was murdered as well.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:12 AM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post

The official coroner's report mentioned red wine being found in Jimi's stomach, but not enough quantity to indicate an alcohol overdose.

A few years ago the UK reopened and reviewed the case of his death due to allegations of mishandling by the Ambulance drivers who responded that night. All the evidence indicated Jimi was dead when they arrived. No mention of excessive amounts of wine on the body or in the bed they found him in.

Hendrix died from suffocation of his own vomit induced by taking sleeping pills prescribed to his girlfriend. She had a German brand that was 4 times stronger dose than the US ones Jimi had been prescribed.

Agreed. The autoposy would have revealed these allegations immediately if there was any truth to them.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by vhin04 View Post
    Agreed. The autoposy would have revealed these allegations immediately if there was any truth to them.
    well...it's not like it would have been completely impossible to manipulate that...either by paying off the medical examiner or blackmail or whatever.

Granted, the simplest reason for something is usually the most accurate and I'm guessing ol' Jimmy just took too many damn pills with his wine and never woke up.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

I always understood it that Jimi had had some red wine, went to bed, woke up shortly after or couldn't sleep...took a or a few sleeping pills and choked on his own puke while asleep. He didn't intend on killing himself and didn't purposely take an insane amount pills at the time. Always sounded like a bad mixture and unfortunate series of events.

Maybe this dude is just trying to sell a book. The amount of wine they are talking about is definitely messed up. I'm not sure how accurate the facts are or if they can be authenticated. I stumbled over that article and thought I'd post it to chat about. Hendrix is one of my favorite guitarists. Such a shame he checked out so early.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

Sad as it is, you have to consider race relations at this time in Europe. This could have played a factor in Hendrix' death. A flamboyantly attired negro would be accessed with disdain by many a working class person, even a so-called care giver. From the books that I've read on the subject, two very different scenarios emerge:

1. Hendrix was dead in the apartment he'd shared with his girlfriend when the ambulance arrived.

2. Hendrix was alive, yet in a ghastly state when the ambulance arrived, and through negligent handling was strapped upright in the ambulance, leading to his choking death.

Either way, he was dead upon arrival at the hospital.

Events leading up to his death had pretty much worn the man out. His bassist, Billy Cox had been "dosed" with a particularly vicious strain of LSD, leaving the man a near vegetable. Hendrix spent several anguished nights shepherding the near comatose Cox around Europe, one step ahead of the police. Mere days before Hendrix death, Cox came out of this awful state, and started to recover. As a result, it is quite possible that Hendrix merely wished to get away from things through a long, uninterrupted sleep.

It was rumored at the time that the sleeping pills Hendrix took were of a curiously large European variety, meant to be broken up into halves or quarters, rather than being ingested whole. Hendrix, unfamiliar with the potency of the pills, may have simply overdosed on them through ignorance.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post

Yes, the London Daily Mail tracked down the ambulance drivers on the 30th Anniversary of Hendrix's death and interviewed them. They said that Hendrix was already dead when they arrived. In the UK at the time, only an MD could make the official call of death so that happened at the hospital. They also said that Hendrix was alone in the appartment.

Now here's where it gets fun. Guitar World ran an article in 2001 or 2002 that claimed that Hendrix was murdered by his psycho ex-girlfriend (the figure skater). The article implied that those in the Hendrix circle (his band at the time, and close friends) all blamed her for his death, and that she slipped the sleeping pills to Jimi without his knowledge. They said that there was no way Hendrix would have mixed those pills with wine; they correctly point out that back then everyone who used drugs regularly was smart about them, and that Hendrix would have known better.

Hendrix was at a party at Eric Burdon's when his ex-girlfriend showed up outside and started screaming for Jimi to come out. Hendrix tried to hide for a while but Dannemann (his ex) was driving everyone else nuts, and Burdon was worried that the police would come (I guess drugs were everywhere). So Hendrix went down to talk with her, and he decided to take her back to her appartment to calm her down. Later, Dannemann calls Burdon to tell him that Hendrix isn't breathing. Burdon panics and rushes down there with friends. They find Hendrix lifeless, they then ask Danneman WTF? She's hysterical and worthless (probably high on something herself). So Burdon and his friends clean the appartment of all the drug gear, and bury it in the garden outside. Then Burdon leaves and then instructs Dannemann to call the ambulance about ten minutes after they leave. Dannemann does this and then flees the apartment.

Whatever actually happened is up in the air. Here are the facts:

Hendrix was dead when the ambulance arrived.

He was alone in his ex-girlfriend's appartment.

Hendrix had broken up with Dannemann well before this event.

Dannemann's account, and Eric Burdon's account of the events of that night contradict eachother AND the accounts of others who were at Burdon's party.

I doubt that the manager had anything to do with Hendrix's death. This one sounds like a guy trying to cash in on Hendrix's name by spreading a BS story.

If Hendrix's band thinks Dannemann had something to do with Jimi's death. I suspect that if this was true it was a Munchausen by Proxy thing, where Dannemann slipped the pills into Jimi's wine so that she could then save his life. She figured that once this happened that Hendrix would be gratful and marry her. Or something along those lines.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

First, if you're going to kill somebody, there have got to be easier ways of doing it than holding him down and forcing him to drink wine.

Second, the $2 million life insurance ought to be easy to track down. There should be a paper trail. Has anybody checked?

Don't read this.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As much as I hate to say it, we'll never know on this earth what the real circumstances were. Everything we know, like it or not, is pretty much hearsay (heck, just like everything we are all saying =D).

We have the autopsy and that is pretty much inconclusive about anything. We have testimony that is pretty much empty as well (i.e. inquest held after Jimi's death).

Burdon always talked about Dannemann and the possibility of her doing something. Later in life, she showed how stable she was (committed suicide in the mid 90s).

The one thing that has always bothered me though is Mike Jeffery (it is never spelled the same way - either Jeffery or Jeffrey depending on what you are reading). If any of you have ever done any deep research into Jimi (and I don't mean reading one article and a couple of Guitar Player mags), you find out how much Jeffery was in control, and honestly, a real dirt bag (shady deals, supposed mob connections, money mismanagement, etc.). His actions and legacy have always bothered me because he ran Jimi into the ground. Even changed Jimi's musical course. I always leaned toward more of Jimi wanting to get away (accident or not), but when you put someone like his manager in the picture, it does make one question what really went down.

Probably just to sell books, but Jeffery was definitely no good. Look him up.
    Last edited by cokemach1; 07.21.09 at 08:23 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cokemach1 View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, we'll never know on this earth what the real circumstances were. Everything we know, like it or not, is pretty much hearsay (heck, just like everything we are all saying =D).

We have the autopsy and that is pretty much inconclusive about anything. We have testimony that is pretty much empty as well (i.e. inquest held after Jimi's death).

Burdon always talked about Dannemann and the possibility of her doing something. Later in life, she showed how stable she was (committed suicide in the mid 90s).

The one thing that has always bothered me though is Mike Jeffery (it is never spelled the same way - either Jeffery or Jeffrey depending on what you are reading). If any of you have ever done any deep research into Jimi (and I don't mean reading one article and a couple of Guitar Player mags), you find out how much Jeffery was in control, and honestly, a real dirt bag (shady deals, supposed mob connections, money mismanagement, etc.). His actions and legacy have always bothered me because he ran Jimi into the ground. Even changed Jimi's musical course. I always leaned toward more of Jimi wanting to get away (accident or not), but when you put someone like his manager in the picture, it does make one question what really went down.

Probably just to sell books, but Jeffery was definitely no good. Look him up.
    Oh yeah, the guy was evil. But why an obscure mix of German sleeping pills and wine? Heroin ODs were so common that nobody would have blinked. That or just "Drowned in the Smimming pool", wich was also popular.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    Oh yeah, the guy was evil. But why an obscure mix of German sleeping pills and wine? Heroin ODs were so common that nobody would have blinked. That or just "Drowned in the Smimming pool", wich was also popular.
    Good points. The swimming pool deal with Brian Jones is very interesting. Supposedly, some fellow hired to do some improvements upon Jones' house drowned Jones, during some roughhousing in the pool. In fact, an independent film was made a few years back about the theory ("Stoned"), as well as a book by a woman that happened to be there that night, yet stayed quite all these years. Sound familiar?

By the way, wasn't there some noise made a few years ago that Hendrix was kidnapped by Mike Jeffrey at one point? I seem to recall a remarkably similar situation publicity wise, possibly coming about because of yet another book.
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here's the doctor story again in much greater detail:

http://www.spinner.com/2009/07/21/he...m-plausible%2F

My Blog: