Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Are You Getting Jammed? (Check Your Phone Bill)

I don't have high-speed internet at my home. We always seem to be behind on the bill, and they cannot hook us up until we are current with our bill. Money is tight, the landlord has doubled our rent, my brother is disabled and has been waiting for over a year for SSI, and my mother is on a pension + social security. My mother is in the early stages of Leukemia, which sucks ass because it has just ruined her ability to deal with life. So yesterday AOL decided to change the access phone numbers (again), and mother was worried that the new numbers would be long distance which would make them too expensive.

So she calls AT&T to ask, and it was a good thing that we did.

The AT&T guy's primary job is to sell stuff, and upgrade customers which is fine. He asks my mother why we don't have high-speed, because they offer it. So mother hands the phone to me because I'm going to be paying for internet anyway, and I can speak tech. So we set up the Pro package, and then we work out a payment deal. Then the AT&T guy asks why our phone bill is so high, I tell him that I have no clue because we hardly call anybody. He then says "I bet you guys are being JAMMED", and then he checks our bill and finds that we are paying three different voice-mail companies a total of $60 a month on top of our AT&T package. AT&T guy then gets pissed and tells me to wait. He then goes back to 2007, when the first company started f*cking us, and begins to back-off charges. An hour later, AT&T guy had backed off enough charges to pay for the internet set-up and leave us with a $208 credit. PLUS on monday we can call and have this year's charges taken off which will give us another $300 credit.

WTF?

AT&T guy says that you can be signed up by anybody. He told me that when customers call to ask who authorized the service, these companies often site "Sam@bullshitadress.com". Their charges are mailed with the AT&T bill, and while it is a seperate page most people think that it comes from AT&T. People like my mother, who is elderly and grew up at a time when there was only one phone company, just assume that AT&T is screwing them.

Anyway, moral of the story is to check your phone bill and question anything that looks funny.

"Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my mom thouroghly checks our verizon bill each month. the problem is, verizon is screwin' us, and anyone she calls, fucks us even more.
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Good Enough Tropical Storm Tracey's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Do I really have to pick???
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

11.18.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts

Premium Member

Oh great! We use Alltel and they just switched to Verizon. Nice!

TST<----------gonna have to pay attention now---------

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Jammin' Me--Tom Petty

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Phone companies do this type of thing all the time. Most businesses overpay for services as well. There are larger companies that will end up paying $10k a month more than they should because they go with X carrier when there are 20 in the area that are way way cheaper.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

ALWAYS look at all the charges on your phone bill. The phone companies are forced to allow 3rd parties to bill through them as part of "Universal Access". I find stuff on our company bills all the time. One of the worst offenders is a company called "OAN". This might show up on your bill as "OAN Services". They are NOT legit, and it only takes a phone call to your phone company to get this stuff off there.
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

jeez...i remember when landlines were still the big deal and having to check my phone bill every month for all kinds of crap like being switched to different companies, obscure and ambiguous charges...this sort of crap really sucks.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.