You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Texting Teen Girl Falls Into Manhole, Parents Blame City

Way to teach your kid resposability:

http://wcbstv.com/local/texting.manh...2.1081403.html

Teen Girl Falls In Open Manhole While Texting
    Alexa Longueira Suffers Deep Cuts, Bruises After Landing In Raw Sewage, Blames DEP For Leaving Hole Unattended Reporting

It was an accident waiting to happen -- an open sewer and a 15-year-old girl who was texting while she walked.

Alexa Longueira, a high school sophomore, was walking along Victory Boulevard near Travis Avenue on Staten Island Wednesday evening when she felt the earth move and was plunged into smelly darkness.

She said the manhole she fell in to was left open and unattended with no warning signs or orange cones. She said two workers with the New York City Department of Environmental Protection failed to secure the area as they prepared to flush the sewer.

"It was just really gross and it was shocking and scary," she said. "Because of their careless mistake I got hurt."

Longueira has deep cuts and bruises and said she now has nightmares about falling, But she also did admit she was texting at the time.

"Regardless of whether I'm texting or not if there was a cone there I'm going to see a big orange cone," she said. "I walk that sidewalk every day, I don't expect a big hole there."

Longueira said she was helped out of the five-foot deep sewer by an apologetic DEP worker.

She went to the hospital and the city opened an investigation, issuing the following statement:

"We regret that this happened and wish the young woman a speedy recovery."

The Longueira family wants more than get well wishes. They may sue. Alexa's mother, Kim, said: "It could have been an elderly person, a mother pushing a stroller. It could have been anyone."

Alexa lost one of her sneakers in the sewer. She does not want it back.

The girl's mother said Alexa will see more doctors next week to get an MRI and check for damage to her spine.
    I would have taken away her cell phone.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seems like a comedy of errors on all parts.

LV

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:43 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

"Because of their careless mistake I got hurt."

Sorry, little girl. The careless mistake was all yours.

Alexa has learned a character building smelly life lesson. Now if we could only find a way to dunk all nitwits who constantly text in raw shit....
    Last edited by Jesus H Christ; 07.12.09 at 03:57 PM.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

You must be fucking kidding me.

Does she qualify for a Darwin Award or does she actually have to die in the process?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

True story:

On prom night, a few years after I had graduated highschool, some kids were killed in a bad crash. The families tried to sue the county because the trees they hit were "Too close to the road". The case was thrown out due to these facts:

The driver was drunk, and 19 years old.

The driver had a suspended driver's licence - for drinking and speeding.

The car (which was ripped in half by the impact) had it's speedometer frozen at 110mph. (the take-off speed for a Cessna is 65 mph, which weighs the same as the car in the accident.

The parents were incredulous that their case was thrown out.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 6,666 Times in 3,694 Posts

I actually agree with the girl on this, an uncovered manhole is an accident waiting to happen. She seems to have been very careless but this could have just as easily happen to someone having a conversation with someone and not paying attention. Don't think she deserves none of the blame but this is at least 50% the fault of the city.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I actually agree with the girl on this, an uncovered manhole is an accident waiting to happen. She seems to have been very careless but this could have just as easily happen to someone having a conversation with someone and not paying attention. Don't think she deserves none of the blame but this is at least 50% the fault of the city.
    More in the favor of the girl 75% to 25% on this. You can not leave a manhole open. Are you going to blame a person for hitting a open manhole with their car. People do it with potholes all the time. Right? And your still payying attention.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    The parents were incredulous that their case was thrown out.

Hopefully they were sterilized as well.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
    "Because of their careless mistake I got hurt."

Sorry, little girl. The careless mistake was all yours.
    Times have changed, kids these days are no longer responible for their actions anymore... Mom and Dad have burned into their brains they are always in the right, and someone else is to blame...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Times have changed, kids these days are no longer responible for their actions anymore... Mom and Dad have burned into their brains they are always in the right, and someone else is to blame...
    Well ever since that stupid twit burned herself with the McDonald's coffee and got her payday, shitheads like these parents just look at society as one big fucking blank check just waiting for them to fill in their name.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

As fast as kids type, I bet she at least got in OMG before she hit the bottom.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    Well ever since that stupid twit burned herself with the McDonald's coffee and got her payday, shitheads like these parents just look at society as one big fucking blank check just waiting for them to fill in their name.
    That is part of the lawsuit happy nonsense that has gone on since the early eighties, but in the case of the person scalded by the drive through coffee, she in fact did have a valid case. The McDonald's worker served the coffee at such a high temperature that the contents literally melted the cup, resulting in severe burns to the drive-through customer.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    That is part of the lawsuit happy nonsense that has gone on since the early eighties, but in the case of the person scalded by the drive through coffee, she in fact did have a valid case. The McDonald's worker served the coffee at such a high temperature that the contents literally melted the cup, resulting in severe burns to the drive-through customer.
    I used to think that was a bullshit lawsuit until I saw the photo's of the woman's legs after the coffee spilled. It was not a normal burn, the skin peeled off her legs. She deserved every penny she got IMHO.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    well, i guess i am one of the last 'kids' who takes responsibility for my actions and shit. if that was me, i'd be apologizing to the guy who helped me for my stupidity of walking and texting. hell, i can't even chew gum and walk at the same time.

but in reality, what if it was an older person, paying attention, and didnt have a second to spare to move out of the way? or someone pushing a stroller?
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    I used to think that was a bullshit lawsuit until I saw the photo's of the woman's legs after the coffee spilled. It was not a normal burn, the skin peeled off her legs. She deserved every penny she got IMHO.
    Okay, I looked it up too and YIKES.....Looks like an alien bled acid on her damn skin. (actually a pic of what a THIRD DEGREE burn looks like, not necessarily of this woman's injury).

This case may be the exception to the rule, but we're far, far too litigious a society now.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]