Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    12.25.01
    Age
    53
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    7,954
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

    05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Mel Gibson to be in Jodie Foster's Beaver

    I guess I should have put Beaver in quotation marks:

    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=57025

    Gibson will play a depressed man who finds solace in wearing a beaver hand-puppet. On top of directing, Foster will play the role of the man's wife.

    Foster boarded the project and brought it to Gibson, with whom she co-starred in 1994's Maverick.

    Producers are pushing for a September start date in New York.

    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai


    My Blog:

    http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

    http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

  2. #2
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.21.03
    Posts
    3,080
    Last Online

    07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    All kidding aside, if the movie gets good reviews, it will be interesting to see how it does at the box office. Has time be a benefit for Mel's image?

  3. #3
    Sinner's Swing! Bullwinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.07
    Location
    698 Sycamore Road, San Pueblo, CA
    Posts
    2,789
    Favorite VH Album

    Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

    I Think I Love You
    Last Online

    06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    With Jerry Mathers as The Beaver!







    Don't read this.

  4. #4
    Baluchitherium loveevhsince79's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.22.04
    Location
    Cols, OH
    Posts
    5,420
    Last Online

    10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by looper_guy View Post
    All kidding aside, if the movie gets good reviews, it will be interesting to see how it does at the box office. Has time be a benefit for Mel's image?
    It will be. If it's a good flick, people often judge the product and skip over the person's personal life. I've been a long time Mel fan clear back to when I first saw Mad Max and the Year of Living Dangerously (smoking hot and a gifted actor in that one). Even back then, there were tons of comments on how much of an ass he was behind he scenes. But, he was the new "It" boy and much of the ugliness was buried. Apparently it was really bad when he did Beyond Thunderdome basically filming the entire movie drunk or hungover and was belligerent when being interviewed.

    This time it's not about being a drunk or womanizer. It's about racial insults and it might be harder for people to forget. I know it's made me see him in a different light.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    sugartits!
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

  6. #6
    Baluchitherium mistere's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.31.02
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,364
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

    Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

    07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Wow. I always thought she kept her beaver dammed.

  7. #7
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    57
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    13,017
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:51 AM
    Likes
    1,793
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    This time it's not about being a drunk or womanizer. It's about racial insults and it might be harder for people to forget. I know it's made me see him in a different light.

    not to mention that what previously appeared to be intensity and energy now comes across as wackiness

    Mel Gibson's got "crazy eyes"!....you know the look I'm talking about.

    survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

    She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

  8. #8
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    05.07.04
    Location
    Over Macho Grande
    Posts
    2,534
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 01:38 PM
    Likes
    72
    Liked 134 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Mel Gibson's got "crazy eyes"!....you know the look I'm talking about.
    Dealing with it.

  9. #9
    Banned! i1sum2!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.06
    Location
    at the Bunny Ranch
    Posts
    1,871
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

    01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Jodie's beaver!

  10. #10
    Sinner's Swing! graeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.27.03
    Age
    10
    Location
    Dusseldorf, Germany.
    Posts
    3,946
    Favorite VH Album

    They're all shit
    Last Online

    11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    When i was a teenager, Mel was the man. Max Rockatansky and Martin Riggs were two of the best characters of the eighties more lightweight movies. I could not imagine any actor taking those roles over him.

    He was a good actor, but he is limited and I found he got boring as time went on. Add to that, his ultra religious fanatical and poltically extreme right wing views (not that these affect his talent, just my perception of him) and lack of any real personality and I find it hard to watch anything with him in these days, especially things he has directed or had a hand in writing.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

    My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Jodie Foster is suspect in battery against teen

    Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- A teenager whom Jodie Foster is suspected of assaulting last month was "a professional paparazzi" who was scaring the actress's children as they left a Los Angeles theater, Foster's representative said.

    Los Angeles police named the Oscar-winning actress as a misdemeanor battery suspect in a May 29 incident at the Grove mall, although she has not been charged, according to a police spokeswoman.

    The police report has not been released, but celebrity gossip site Radar Online published a copy that a police spokeswoman suggested may have been provided by the teen's father.

    The report said the 17-year-old began taking photos of Foster as she walked from the mall to the valet parking area.

    "SUSP (Foster) FOLLOWED VICT (the teenager), POKED HIM ON HIS CHEST, GRABBED VICT (the teenager) LEFT ARM CAUSING VISIBLE INJURY," said the report, which was based on the teen's complaint.

    Jennifer Allen, who represents Foster, issued a statement Friday:

    "The young man was most definitely a professional paparazzi. He had a large camera bag and a 1000 mm telephoto lens. He tailed Jodie and her young sons from the movie theater to valet parking. He crowded her and her children and took photos of them the whole time. She touched him on the elbow in an attempt to take him aside to talk to him and tell him to stop. He scared the kids."

    Foster, 47, has two sons, ages 11 and 8.

    She won best actress Oscars for "The Silence of the Lambs" and "The Accused." Foster was nominated for two others for "Taxi Driver" and "Nell." You can catch Jodie Foster in her upcoming film “The Beaver” where she co-stars alongside Mel Gibson.
    Last edited by voivod; 06.11.10 at 05:16 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

  12. #12
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    06.02.09
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,749
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Respect my Wind
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Likes
    143
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Jodie Foster is suspect in battery against teen

    Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- A teenager whom Jodie Foster is suspected of assaulting last month was "a professional paparazzi" who was scaring the actress's children as they left a Los Angeles theater, Foster's representative said.

    Los Angeles police named the Oscar-winning actress as a misdemeanor battery suspect in a May 29 incident at the Grove mall, although she has not been charged, according to a police spokeswoman.

    The police report has not been released, but celebrity gossip site Radar Online published a copy that a police spokeswoman suggested may have been provided by the teen's father.

    The report said the 17-year-old began taking photos of Foster as she walked from the mall to the valet parking area.

    "SUSP (Foster) FOLLOWED VICT (the teenager), POKED HIM ON HIS CHEST, GRABBED VICT (the teenager) LEFT ARM CAUSING VISIBLE INJURY," said the report, which was based on the teen's complaint.

    Jennifer Allen, who represents Foster, issued a statement Friday:

    "The young man was most definitely a professional paparazzi. He had a large camera bag and a 1000 mm telephoto lens. He tailed Jodie and her young sons from the movie theater to valet parking. He crowded her and her children and took photos of them the whole time. She touched him on the elbow in an attempt to take him aside to talk to him and tell him to stop. He scared the kids."

    Foster, 47, has two sons, ages 11 and 8.

    She won best actress Oscars for "The Silence of the Lambs" and "The Accused." Foster was nominated for two others for "Taxi Driver" and "Nell." You can catch Jodie Foster in her upcoming film “The Beaver” where she co-stars alongside Mel Gibson.
    I detest paparazzi as much as probably some actors do but c'mon man, you people signed up for this shit the first time you said to yourself "I'm famous!!" and smiled.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,323
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Likes
    295
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Awesome to see Gibson back in the thick of things (pardon the pun).

    Seeing him back on the screen is GREAT!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    12,969
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Likes
    2,600
    Liked 4,797 Times in 2,448 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    While I don't condone Mel Gibson's personal views, I can say that about a lot of people out in the public. Hell look at Charlie Sheen. Popular TV show yet the dude is a major drug user, has used hookers and possibly tried to kill his wife. We watch reruns of Seinfeld and laugh at Michael Richards even though he said the N word more times than NWA in Straight out of Compton. How many people still today defend Helen Thomas and think she is the Queen of the White House Reporters. Obama's preacher is racist and while Obama attended racist sermons for numerous years but people think that its not a big deal because he is not Bush.

    We are all a bunch of hypocrites because if we are captivated by whomever is a piece of shit, anything they do is water under the bridge. We don't care as long as we achieve any sort of enjoyment from them.

  15. #15
    Good Enough SassyLassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.17.05
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,648
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    04.27.16 @ 06:28 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    We are all a bunch of hypocrites because if we are captivated by whomever is a piece of shit, anything they do is water under the bridge. We don't care as long as we achieve any sort of enjoyment from them.
    Great point, this is why I think celebrities should keep their mouths shut and try to come out with some decent entertainment every once in a while. I couldn't care less what any of them have to say about religion, politics, any of it. Like Jerry Garcia said in an interview in the 80's about Reagan- "He doesn't tell me how to make music, I'm not going to tell him how to run the country".

    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but celebrities have gotten too preachy recently. Instead of pushing personal views they should try and work on a watchable film. That would be interesting.
    ***OFFCIAL TLW 8 VIRGIN/SURVIVOR!***

    "Mean ass calendar!"-TST

    "GYPSY DILDO PUNKS!"-Harry Dean Stanton

    I'm Polish but I don't speak any of the language or know anything about it's culture other than getting mowed down by Hitler...-fast98dodge

    My head is freshly shaven and I have cleaned the house before my departure-Viking preparing for TLW

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Gibson BFG
    By Dino5150 in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07.18.08, 03:44 PM
  2. Need help with a Gibson guitar
    By batzilla in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12.03.06, 02:48 PM
  3. Gibson LP - Different Necks?
    By Eric in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03.24.06, 08:40 AM
  4. Happy Beaver Day guys
    By laner in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07.02.02, 07:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •