Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Default I had to go 2 weeks without my Sonicare tooth brush.

Anyone else really attached to the Sonicare tooth brush?

I had to go 2 weeks without mine. I went to eastern wa for a family charity golf tournament and stayed at a cousins house. When I left I forgot my shaving kit. I could have cared less about all of the small bottles of shampoo and stuff but my Sonicare was left behind as well. My cousin said he would mail it to me, he kept forgetting!! I spent 2 weeks with a normal tooth brush, it was brutal. My teeth just never felt as clean.

I know its pretty little in the big picture of life but it drove me nuts. I also once forgot my Mach 3 razor once while on vacation. I stopped into a drug store and purchased a disposable razor, that was a huge mistake. My face looked like I had fallen on a pin quill.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

you like the sonicare that much?

I've thought about getting one but haven't been sold on the idea yet. What makes it different from all the other automatic toothbrushes?

As for the razors...I use Mach 3 as well. Did you know that, at the time, it was the most expensive hygiene item ever developed and brought to consumers? Something like a billion dollars went into R&D, market research, developing the marketing campaign etc etc etc...

I used to use the mach 3 turbo and for a while I used the fusion but the damn blades are waaaaaay too expensive so I've gone back to the regular mach 3...which are expensive enough as it is but I do find it to be the a better shave.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    you like the sonicare that much?

I've thought about getting one but haven't been sold on the idea yet. What makes it different from all the other automatic toothbrushes?

As for the razors...I use Mach 3 as well. Did you know that, at the time, it was the most expensive hygiene item ever developed and brought to consumers? Something like a billion dollars went into R&D, market research, developing the marketing campaign etc etc etc...

I used to use the mach 3 turbo and for a while I used the fusion but the damn blades are waaaaaay too expensive so I've gone back to the regular mach 3...which are expensive enough as it is but I do find it to be the a better shave.
    I have had a oral B and then went to the sonicare. Is one better than the other I dont know. Oral B and Sonicare vs a normal brush...huge difference!!!

I was mailed a free fusion and a replacement blade once, I used it and liked it a lot. I thought about switching from the Mach 3 until I saw how much the blades are - Fuck that!! The Mach 3 blades are expensive enough.
    ((Just My Two Cents))

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I'm disappointed ....

Not only do I learn that you travel with much product at bay and are sissyfied with your toothbrush, but you go to a family golf tournament that's charity based and don't even tell me about it let alone extend an invitation?? What kind of friend are you? You know I used to be a pro, I could be your ringer. The drives not that bad to eastern Wa and I could have done it in a day.

You're a shitty little girly man.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    I'm disappointed ....

Not only do I learn that you travel with much product at bay and are sissyfied with your toothbrush, but you go to a family golf tournament that's charity based and don't even tell me about it let alone extend an invitation?? What kind of friend are you? You know I used to be a pro, I could be your ringer. The drives not that bad to eastern Wa and I could have done it in a day.

You're a shitty little girly man.
    Next year I will invite you Seen. We can use another ringer, right now my cousin who I stayed with is our ringer, he is a scratch golfer.

I do not travel with much product, I have a small bottle of shampoo and tooth paste.

If you have tried the Sonicare you would know what I am talking about. I especially like it because I chew.
    ((Just My Two Cents))

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Yikes. I'm back peddling a bit from your cousins stats. I'm nowhere near scratch anymore.

That swedish snus stuff is now shipping from a US warehouse fyi. Less carcinogens by about 90 percent.

Tried Kodiak Mint? bleh.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't know bro...for 150 bucks, that thing better do more than clean my teeth.

What's the difference between the various models? There's at least four or five different ones with prices ranging from about 100 bucks to about 170.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

I'm pretty attached to my Sonicare brush. I've only been without it a couple of times in the past 5 or 6 years. Not only is it a superior clean compared to a regular toothbrush, but a regular brush just seems like too much damn work now.

Any yes, the Mach 3 products are SO expensive. However, I've continued to buy every Mach 3 upgrade over the years and the Fusion is the best IMO. A couple of times, I have bought cheaper disposable razors to try and save money, but the shave sucks so bad in comparison.

For some things, its hard to cut corners. Like cheap trash bags. You're better off paying the extra money and getting a better quality bag.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wham bam will rock View Post
    I'm pretty attached to my Sonicare brush. I've only been without it a couple of times in the past 5 or 6 years. Not only is it a superior clean compared to a regular toothbrush, but a regular brush just seems like too much damn work now.

too much work? Dude, what have you got? 3 sets of teeth?

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    too much work? Dude, what have you got? 3 sets of teeth?
    My sister only has one set of teeth. But if they break, you just sand both sides of the breaking point then super glue them back together. That is an old trick that she learned from the previous break which has kept them together for 5 years. NOTE: She is 32 and has had dentures since she was early 20s because she never brushed her teeth growing up.

Had the super glue not worked, she would have had to make another trip back to Mexico for a new set. They are only like $300-$400 there. Cheaper then the states, plus you get them in one day. Personally, I think she is wearing someone elses teeth at that price.

Folks, that is a NO KIDDING true story from my 4th of July visit to my dads. He lives near Jerry Cantrell in Boggy Depot, OK. Ten miles into the country. Also, the area where Bigfoot has been spotted.

On July 3rd my sister is sitting outside sanding on her teeth. My daughter, who is 11, and I walk out the morning of July 4th to find my dad sanding on her teeth. May be one of the grossest things I have ever witnessed.

I looked at my daughter and said that is nasty isn't it. She asked what was going on. I told her. She looks back at what my dad is doing. Realizes it is a redneck moment, turns back to me, and says, "Why don't they just use duct tape?"

This is a picture I snapped with my daughter's cell phone when she wasn't looking.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Nights in Cabo View Post
    My sister only has one set of teeth. But if they break, you just sand both sides of the breaking point then super glue them back together. That is an old trick that she learned from the previous break which has kept them together for 5 years. NOTE: She is 32 and has had dentures since she was early 20s because she never brushed her teeth growing up.

Had the super glue not worked, she would have had to make another trip back to Mexico for a new set. They are only like $300-$400 there. Cheaper then the states, plus you get them in one day. Personally, I think she is wearing someone elses teeth at that price.

Folks, that is a NO KIDDING true story from my 4th of July visit to my dads. He lives near Jerry Cantrell in Boggy Depot, OK. Ten miles into the country. Also, the area where Bigfoot has been spotted.

On July 3rd my sister is sitting outside sanding on her teeth. My daughter, who is 11, and I walk out the morning of July 4th to find my dad sanding on her teeth. May be one of the grossest things I have ever witnessed.

I looked at my daughter and said that is nasty isn't it. She asked what was going on. I told her. She looks back at what my dad is doing. Realizes it is a redneck moment, turns back to me, and says, "Why don't they just use duct tape?"

This is a picture I snapped with my daughter's cell phone when she wasn't looking.

This is exactly why I use a Sonicare.
    ((Just My Two Cents))

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    This is exactly why I use a Sonicare.
    Wow....... you better be grateful for your Sonicare Olo! I was NOT there for that weekend... but my daughter has images in her little head that will never go away now. GeesH! Not sad that I missed out!
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'll be honest- i use the fusion on my legs, and i buy the replacement razors 3 times a year. one razor lasts 2-3 months with me. toothbrush... honestly, they are too damn expensive. i use whatever i have a free cupon for, usually oral b......

anyway, i am sorry for your unfortunate non-sonicare 2 weeks olo. i only know how it feels to you- try going two years with out one. my one aunt.....drove me friggen nuts with it. i used to use one similar, about 20 bucks it cost me. then, the motor burned out, since i do my teeth 2 times a day, and acidentally left it on sometimes.
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    Anyone else really attached to the Sonicare tooth brush?

I had to go 2 weeks without mine. I went to eastern wa for a family charity golf tournament and stayed at a cousins house. When I left I forgot my shaving kit. I could have cared less about all of the small bottles of shampoo and stuff but my Sonicare was left behind as well. My cousin said he would mail it to me, he kept forgetting!! I spent 2 weeks with a normal tooth brush, it was brutal. My teeth just never felt as clean.

I know its pretty little in the big picture of life but it drove me nuts. I also once forgot my Mach 3 razor once while on vacation. I stopped into a drug store and purchased a disposable razor, that was a huge mistake. My face looked like I had fallen on a pin quill.
    OLO, I commend you for your dedication to your oral health and hygiene. Something tells me that ABC's "Yuck Mouth" PSA from our childhoods, which aired every week during Saturday morning cartoons, had a positive impact on you.

"Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    I don't know bro...for 150 bucks, that thing better do more than clean my teeth.

What's the difference between the various models? There's at least four or five different ones with prices ranging from about 100 bucks to about 170.
    Sonicare sweeps the teeth at 78,000 cycles per minute as opposed to Oral B which spins at 30 something. My wife says the higher cycles break down cell walls of bacteria better and the Sonicare uses a sweeping motion whereas Oral B uses a rotating motion which isn't as effective.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, ďTokyo Dome In Concert,Ē is available for purchase, and itís super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman