Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Hello

  1. #1
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Hello

    Hey Guys:

    As many of you have probably already noticed, I've been made moderator of the Guitar Room. When Brett asked a short time ago, I actually responded by saying I was honored by the request. That's a little dramatic and definitely cheesy, but VH Links is the only web forum I've been a regular member of ever, and the Guitar Room specifically has been one of my favorite places over the last few years to exchange info on guitars, amps, guitar building, etc. I've learned a lot from members here and have hopefully been helpful to others in return. I can easily say I wouldn't have been able to successfully assemble nearly 20 custom guitar projects without the help of the people here.

    For the most part my job is quite easy; the Guitar Room is, after all, the tamest part of this website. (Seriously... how often do threads need to be closed here?) But when it comes to stickies, threads that can potentially be merged, edits, etc., let me know if you have any thoughts or concerns. Otherwise, it's business as usual around here.

    Cheers.

    -AT

  2. #2
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.15.07
    Location
    Iowa/Illinois
    Posts
    1,807
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Last Online

    10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Congrats dude!

    You've been a help to many of us as well!

  3. #3
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,730
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 11:22 AM
    Likes
    1,265
    Liked 11,598 Times in 4,945 Posts

    Default

    If you guys want us to change shit around here, tell Andrew and we'll discuss it. Like adding sub forums, something else. To me the guitar group is amazing and I'd like to expand this part of the site if it makes sense to.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  4. #4
    Eruption
    Join Date
    08.19.06
    Location
    seattle, WA
    Posts
    768
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

    Most of them!
    Last Online

    09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    If you guys want us to change shit around here, tell Andrew and we'll discuss it. Like adding sub forums, something else. To me the guitar group is amazing and I'd like to expand this part of the site if it makes sense to.
    Can we still cuss ?

  5. #5
    Eruption
    Join Date
    08.19.06
    Location
    seattle, WA
    Posts
    768
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

    Most of them!
    Last Online

    09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Hey Guys:

    As many of you have probably already noticed, I've been made moderator of the Guitar Room. When Brett asked a short time ago, I actually responded by saying I was honored by the request. That's a little dramatic and definitely cheesy, but VH Links is the only web forum I've been a regular member of ever, and the Guitar Room specifically has been one of my favorite places over the last few years to exchange info on guitars, amps, guitar building, etc. I've learned a lot from members here and have hopefully been helpful to others in return. I can easily say I wouldn't have been able to successfully assemble nearly 20 custom guitar projects without the help of the people here.

    For the most part my job is quite easy; the Guitar Room is, after all, the tamest part of this website. (Seriously... how often do threads need to be closed here?) But when it comes to stickies, threads that can potentially be merged, edits, etc., let me know if you have any thoughts or concerns. Otherwise, it's business as usual around here.

    Cheers.

    -AT
    Nice! I bet you can't wait to throw somebody out !

  6. #6
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,730
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 11:22 AM
    Likes
    1,265
    Liked 11,598 Times in 4,945 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottfletcher View Post
    Can we still cuss ?
    Fuck no.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  7. #7
    Eruption
    Join Date
    08.19.06
    Location
    seattle, WA
    Posts
    768
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

    Most of them!
    Last Online

    09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Fuck no.
    Gotcha !

  8. #8
    Hang 'Em High Reckless Fable's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.30.02
    Age
    40
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,501
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

    11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Likes
    2,246
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    AT, congrats! Glad to hear the news!

    I don't have much in terms of format changes. From a user experience perspective, I like having all the guitar related stuff located in the same place so I'm not clicking in a bunch of places and I'm sure it's much easier to administer that way, too. So, status quo that way is jake with me.

    Just to shoot out a couple of theme ideas while the momentum is flowing: I think it would be cool for some folks who are teachers or experts to put together some playing tips or mini-lesson ala Guitar World, but for our Links community. We could have our own version of "Betcha Can't Play This," or some lessons that are little more basic. Maybe even a section that breaks down particular Van Halen tunes.

    The threads could end up being pretty cool with people adding perspectives, new ideas or even their progress as they are working on said exercise/song.

    With Youtube, this should be a pretty easy thing to pull off.

    Just some random thoughts. What do you think?

  9. #9
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.15.07
    Location
    Iowa/Illinois
    Posts
    1,807
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Last Online

    10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Fable View Post
    Just to shoot out a couple of theme ideas while the momentum is flowing: I think it would be cool for some folks who are teachers or experts to put together some playing tips or mini-lesson ala Guitar World, but for our Links community. We could have our own version of "Betcha Can't Play This," or some lessons that are little more basic. Maybe even a section that breaks down particular Van Halen tunes.

    The threads could end up being pretty cool with people adding perspectives, new ideas or even their progress as they are working on said exercise/song.

    With Youtube, this should be a pretty easy thing to pull off.

    Just some random thoughts. What do you think?
    Great idea. I think that would be awesome, especially with embedding youtube videos. I also think we should do a gear section like that showing how to record guitar tone, and how to achieve it in the first place using specific gear -- all in video lessons.

    A product review video thread (again, like guitar world) would be super cool too. Even if we had people reviewing OLD gear too.

  10. #10
    On Fire
    Join Date
    05.20.09
    Posts
    356
    Last Online

    01.16.13 @ 12:11 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Great idea!

  11. #11
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottfletcher View Post
    Can we still cuss ?
    I've also asked my mom to help regulate the Guitar Room, so there will be no more swearing. Also, you must take your shoes off at the door, say grace before every meal, not chew with your mouth open, not hit your brother, and no girls in your room with the door closed.

    My mother thanks you.

  12. #12
    Eruption Dance The Night Away's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.25.02
    Location
    Hartford, Wi
    Posts
    830
    Favorite VH Album

    VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

    07.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Good luck.

    I guess I am going to have to post some non-guitar related posts here in the Guitar Room so AT can get his moderating on.
    \m/ VH \m/

  13. #13
    Eruption
    Join Date
    03.04.08
    Age
    51
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,058
    Last Online

    07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    How cool.
    Of course, The Guitar Room, is my favorite place to hang also.
    I think were in good hands.

    Got any pics of your mom?
    Just wonderin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

    www.ronscustomguitars.com

  14. #14
    Eruption Onirb's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.16.02
    Age
    48
    Location
    Oviedo,Fl
    Posts
    943
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 05:54 AM
    Likes
    17
    Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Congrats AT.

  15. #15
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    03.23.05
    Posts
    1,780
    Last Online

    11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Congrats AT!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •