Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:25 PM
    Liked 283 Times in 151 Posts

Default Is it just me or are these setlists lacking?

I figured they would've changed it up a bit since the road test tour, but apparently they're playing the exact same setlist pretty much? 13 or so songs isnt much for 60+ bucks to me

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsitive View Post
    I figured they would've changed it up a bit since the road test tour, but apparently they're playing the exact same setlist pretty much? 13 or so songs isnt much for 60+ bucks to me
    what do you expect them to change up? They don't really have what I would consider an expansive catalog of material to draw upon...not unless they dip into their pre-chickenfoot material...which would completely take the focus off Chickenfoot.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You have to factor in that a lot of people haven't seen them at all yet and we want to see those 13 songs performed for the first time.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.26.09 @ 04:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My opinion is they should be doing more songs, period. 13 songs for a headlining act is not enough. They can play what they want, even more covers, but they should be playing more songs. Maybe when they come back to the U.S.!

I WANT MORE FOOT!!!

Hell, even Sammy solo (when headlining) does more songs than that!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

I'm shocked it took this long before someone complained about the setlist...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:37 AM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 504 Posts

I usually worry about how long the band plays versus how many songs. The studio versions are all pretty lengthy with most being over 5 minutes (I think), add to it extended jams, talking between songs, time between the last song and the encore, two covers, and you have a 2 hour show. This is about average length of a concert in my experience.

Favorite VH Album

Balance, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, Romeo Delight,
    Last Online

02.05.15 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Also remember they are playing overseas and, in many cases, opening for other acts. Hell, I think they're even opening for Bryan Adams. In any event, I think the setlist may expand a bit when they come back to the States but I wouldn't sit around expecting a Van Halen or RHCP retrospective.

I'm guessing Sam maydo something from his solo catalog (Serious JuJu would be my choice), Joe will do Flying in a Blue Dream or Satch Boogie and I could see MA doing a VH song (Runnin' with the Devil perhaps). More realistically, I think you can expect a few more covers to fill some time.

Anyway, the focus on these shows and the upcoming ones in the United Snakes is Chickenfoot - not VH, not RHCP, not Satch.

Remember kids, they are selling this as a BAND so don't start screaming for Freebird as an encore.
    "There is a fine line between stupid and clever" - Nigel Tufnel

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wip5150 View Post
    Also remember they are playing overseas and, in many cases, opening for other acts. Hell, I think they're even opening for Bryan Adams. In any event, I think the setlist may expand a bit when they come back to the States but I wouldn't sit around expecting a Van Halen or RHCP retrospective.

I'm guessing Sam maydo something from his solo catalog (Serious JuJu would be my choice), Joe will do Flying in a Blue Dream or Satch Boogie and I could see MA doing a VH song (Runnin' with the Devil perhaps). More realistically, I think you can expect a few more covers to fill some time.

Anyway, the focus on these shows and the upcoming ones in the United Snakes is Chickenfoot - not VH, not RHCP, not Satch.

Remember kids, they are selling this as a BAND so don't start screaming for Freebird as an encore.
    Excellent post. But Serious JuJu? Blech! You need to get off the JuJu

I kid, but you do make a good point. Personally from Sam's catalog I'd like to see One Way to Rock. Yes, overdone, but I'd love to see what Sam and Satch do with a solo, if it's anything like VH. That, or High Hopes would be cool.

We'll see the whole album in the States, along with some other oldies, either covers or songs spanning these guys' careers. Fine by me.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

Let's see when they come back to the US and play arenas.

Those songs have never been played live. And they play 14 of them. Not too shabby.
    Little Dreamer

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.05.10 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My vote is no greatest hits. There are 100s of classic rock bands doing that
    already. Then tribute bands on top of that. New stuff pleeze.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    I'm shocked it took this long before someone complained about the setlist...
    No kidding. If it wasn't for the internet, people wouldn't even know what the set list was. Yet in these days of instant information/gratification, the set list is readily available (along with live clips via Youtube from the very venue played that evening) and of course, you have people grumbling about it. Here's an idea: If you are not pleased by what you've read in advance about the shows, then don't go. Better yet, why not avoid reading about this information in the first place, go to the show and possibly enjoy yourself?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Joyride
    Favorite VH Song

DTNA
    Last Online

11.25.12 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

UK show just under 1hour and 45 minutes; played the whole album less RO and MKG and played BMS and HS at the end. So all in all not a bad effort. I've seen bands with more extensive group catalogues play for less as the headline.

I don't see them doing anything different when back on home soil other than move a couple of their songs around. If they are enjoying it night on night why change. As mentioned before if it wasn't for the internet we would be none the wiser. The time to change the set is when it starts to become jaded and again I've seen this before e.g. Def Leppard

But hey what do I know I just live on a small Island across the pond who occasionally gets blessed when a decent US Rock act decides to get out of its $ zone and play to other crowds who have spent hard earned £ for their music only to be rewarded with a tour every 10 years (off pedestal now)

Bless the 'Foot' - left is right

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    My vote is no greatest hits. There are 100s of classic rock bands doing that
    already. Then tribute bands on top of that. New stuff pleeze.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:25 PM
    Liked 283 Times in 151 Posts

at least give me a mikey/satch solo spot.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    No kidding. If it wasn't for the internet, people wouldn't even know what the set list was. Yet in these days of instant information/gratification, the set list is readily available (along with live clips via Youtube from the very venue played that evening) and of course, you have people grumbling about it. Here's an idea: If you are not pleased by what you've read in advance about the shows, then don't go. Better yet, why not avoid reading about this information in the first place, go to the show and possibly enjoy yourself?
    Indeed, whatever happened to the days when you had absolutely no clue as to what would be in the set until the curtain dropped? It was for this very reason I avoided a lot of the online info for the last VH tour, I wanted to be surprised. Hell, it wasn't until after the show I went to that I found out that the setlist was static....had I known that before the fact, I would likely have been let down a bit by the show I saw....thankfully, I didn't know it and enjoyed it for what it was.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.