Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Can she take all seven inches?

An advertisement for Burger King's latest sandwich leaves little to the imagination and should be discontinued due to "distasteful" and unappetizing references to oral sex, advertising experts told FOXNews.com.

The print ad for the "BK Super Seven Incher" — a limited time promotion in Singapore, a society known around the world for its strict government controls of social conduct — shows the "mind-blowing" sandwich near the open mouth of a wide-eyed, red-lipsticked woman accompanied by the suggestive tagline: "It'll blow your mind away."

"Fill your desire for something long, juicy and flame-grilled," the ad continues.

Mark Duffy, a blogger and an advertising copyrighter at a major New York City firm, said the advertisement is among the "worst" he's ever seen in more than 17 years of industry experience.

"I've seen a lot of sexual innuendo ads and this is about the worst, especially for something as mainstream as Burger King," Duffy told FOXNews.com. "I was a little repulsed by it. It's really misogynistic to women and it's also unappetizing."

Duffy said it appeared the woman's face in the advertisement had been retouched to make it look like a doll and that the American cheese on the sandwich seemed a little too white.

"It's outlandish," he said. "They obviously didn’t hire a top-notch food photographer."

Duffy, who called on Burger King to terminate the ad, said there's little else marketers could have left to the imagination.

"It's really distasteful on the appetite level and on the social level," Duffy said. "The ad pretty much speaks for itself. How much more do they have to spell it out for you?"

Lauren Kuziner, a spokeswoman for Burger King, said the campaign was produced by a local Singaporean agency and not by the company's U.S. advertising firm, Crispin Porter + Bogusky.

"Burger King Corp. values and respects all of its guests," Kuziner said in a statement to FOXNews.com. "This print ad is running to support a limited time promotion in the Singapore market and is not running in the U.S. or any other markets. The campaign is supported by the franchisee in Singapore and has generated positive consumer sales around this limited time product offer in that market."

Kuziner declined to identify the Singapore-based firm and did not respond to requests for comment on whether Burger King had received complaints in connection to the advertisement.

Meanwhile, Scott Purvis, president of Gallup & Robinson, a marketing and advertising research firm in New Jersey, said the print pitch went "too far" and seemed unusual for a global brand like Burger King.

"This would be the kind of ad you might see for a smaller brand trying to get itself noticed," Purvis said. "It's probably something that wouldn't see the light of day in this country."

Purvis praised Burger King for its advertising "edginess" and he said sex in ads is an effective way to get consumer attention, but he noted that advertisements on average are recalled at a 20 percent higher rate if they contain sexually explicit images or messages.

"But the problem is, the advertisements, as a group are not as persuasive as all advertising," he said. 'It stops and gets people's attention, but they generally don't go further and get any kind of motivation of interest in the product itself."

Previous marketing campaigns by Burger King have included its award-wining "Subservient Chicken" viral video, spots featuring "Whopper virgins" and most recently, an appearance by rapper Sir Mix-a-Lot and SpongeBob SquarePants. Other slogans previously used by the fast food giant include "Have It Your Way" and "It Takes Two Hands to Handle a Whopper."

"They've done some good stuff in terms of helping to break out of the stereotypical type of advertising you often see, but occasionally they seem to go too far and other times they get it exactly right," Purvis said. "And that's what happens with edgy advertising — you just don't know where to draw the line."

Mark Crispin Miller, a professor of media studies at New York University and author of a forthcoming book on the marketing campaign behind the "Marlboro Man," said the ad reeked of a "certain desperation" just to make an impression.

"This is really straining to be dirty," Miller told FOXNews.com. "This is objectionable because it's outrageously exaggerating the pleasure of Burger King. It's not that good, even as food, and therefore nowhere near as gratifying as an orgasm. There's no doubt they intended a double entrendre."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

What is so suggestive about the line, "Fill your desire for something long, juicy and flame grilled with the new BK Super Seven Incher?" Well the flame grilled part kinda freaks me out but other than that....bring her on! I mean, bring IT on!
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's ridiculous, aren't we fat enough? Those are the same people that brought us that heart attack of a breakfast sandwich as well?

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

LMAO! You've gotta be kidding me.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

People can be so prudish sometimes.

Oh wait...that's right, we need to think about our precious children and we need to protect them! After all, I don't want to have to explain this ad to my young child.

Ahhh the children. I believe they are the future. We really should do our best to teach them well...you know...let them lead the way. We need to just show them all the beauty the posess inside and give then a sense of pride.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Ummm, yeah, okay....
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post

Ahhh the children. I believe they are the future. We really should do our best to teach them well...you know...let them lead the way. We need to just show them all the beauty the posess inside and give then a sense of pride.
    And then when you are done teaching the children Whitney, go and score some crack and light it up with hubby.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy5150 View Post
    What is so suggestive about the line, "Fill your desire for something long, juicy and flame grilled with the new BK Super Seven Incher?" Well the flame grilled part kinda freaks me out but other than that....bring her on! I mean, bring IT on!

Eat a few of those and no one is going to want to fuck you anyway. The message is actually a little counter productive.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulGirl5150 View Post
    That's ridiculous, aren't we fat enough? Those are the same people that brought us that heart attack of a breakfast sandwich as well?

Agreed! Yes most people are fat enough, and I fail to see how this is supposed to help with the fat epidemic. I'm sure that most teenage boys are ready to go get that sandwich now, as well as men. That's just a sick as way to make em fatter. Might've been different when I was growing up, most kids were skinny then and now all you see is mainly overweight kids.

There's no excuse for it either, people love fatty foods WAY TOO MUCH!
    Last edited by Kimmie5150; 06.30.09 at 10:57 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post

An advertisement for Burger King's latest sandwich leaves little to the imagination and should be discontinued due to "distasteful" and unappetizing references to oral sex, advertising experts told FOXNews.com.

"This is really straining to be dirty," Miller told FOXNews.com. "This is objectionable because it's outrageously exaggerating the pleasure of Burger King. It's not that good, even as food, and therefore nowhere near as gratifying as an orgasm. There's no doubt they intended a double entrendre."

Gee, THANKS, experts.

Distasteful? Glad these prudes don't live in Europe where ads can be MUCH MORE provocative and it is perfectly acceptable.

Are we REALLY that back asswards as a nation that a little T & A and innuendo CONTINUES to cause such outrage?

Yep, I reckon so.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:20 AM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

Yo B, after all of the Quiznos 12" Toasty Torpedo's you've already made disappear I doubt that BK's new Super Seven Incher will even satisfy. Hardly a mouthful.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

No doubt she can take it all.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wham bam will rock View Post
    Gee, THANKS, experts.

Distasteful? Glad these prudes don't live in Europe where ads can be MUCH MORE provocative and it is perfectly acceptable.

Are we REALLY that back asswards as a nation that a little T & A and innuendo CONTINUES to cause such outrage?

Yep, I reckon so.
    C'mon man, you can't be serious. That ad is completely over the top.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.12.11 @ 01:51 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulGirl5150 View Post
    Eat a few of those and no one is going to want to fuck you anyway. The message is actually a little counter productive.
    hahahaha omg xD
    its true though :P

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:20 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

But its high in protein.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.