Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

10.23.16 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 169 Times in 94 Posts

Default Chickenfoot interview in Brisbane sunday mail

A cool interview with Joe, and a big band shot in todays Brisbane Sunday mail. If anyone wants a photocopy such as Bomber, or Aussie fans, I'll gladly do it.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.24.16 @ 03:11 PM
    Liked 775 Times in 310 Posts

here's one with Mike...

Chickenfoot are kings of the roost

ON paper, Chickenfoot might just be one of the biggest supergroups who have ever formed.

Featuring Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar of Van Halen, Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani, this band would seem to good to be true for any rock fan.

But none more so than for bassist Michael Anthony - who considers Chickenfoot to be a vacation from the hell that was the final years of life with Van Halen.

"You caught me at a good time. I'm having the time of my life right now," says Anthony - a man who, you can tell, truly means this statement.

"This couldn't have come at a better time. Me and Sammy always knew we were going to do something together again. We just didn't know when."

Playing together for many years in Van Halen, Anthony has said goodbye to frontmen for the group many times before including Hagar, David Lee Roth and Gary Cherone, after a brief stint.

But Anthony's latest project, Chickenfoot, didn't come easily. His decision to join forces again with his friend Sammy Hagar cost him his place in Van Halen.

"I'm not the kind of guy who likes to sling mud around because those guys do enough of it, believe me," says Anthony.

"He (Eddie) really backed me into a wall and forced me to make a decision and it wasn't a decision that I thought was to quit the band.

"I mean my last name's not Van Halen and I didn't want people to forget about me, so I wanted to go out and play some shows and jam. We did the tour in 2004 and unfortunately after 80 shows, me and Sammy couldn't take it any more. Eddie was in such a state - we just couldn't deal with it."

Anthony, who was eventually replaced by Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang, says he did everything he could to be a part of Van Halen.

"At that point I don't know if he wanted his son to play with him," he says. "But to do that tour, I took a pay cut. I mean, I didn't need the money. The only reason I did the tour was in case it was the last time Van Halen got up and played. I wanted to be a part of it and do it for the fans."

Anthony had to sign a legal release from the band's name to take part on the tour, one that would be his last.

But then the band, and its well-known megalomaniacal brothers, crushed Anthony again. "When they did the last Van Halen tour, I found out about it the same way the fans did," says Anthony. "They came out with a new website for that tour and they - or somebody - had my image pulled off a couple of the album covers, like they were trying to erase me from the history of the band."

Anthony is creating his own history. Chickenfoot is becoming a highly sought-after live act, and a success story producing music that Anthony admits "feels like being on stage in the '80s".

The band's sound echoes the party-rock of circa 1985 with the unmistakable harmonies of Anthony and Hagar, the squeals of Satriani's solos and the pounding of Smith's drums.

But, above all, throughout Chickenfoot you can hear a respect and a friendship that speaks louder than any rock riff.

"The last time I felt this good was when Sammy joined Van Halen," Anthony says. "We're actually better friends now than we ever were. There's nothing ego or money-driven about this thing whatsoever.

"We want people to know that this is a brand-new band - this is not a one-time, one-album deal."

What: Chikenfoot

When: Out now, through Sony,00.html
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

07.24.11 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

(just had to get it out the way!)
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 08:21 PM
    Liked 326 Times in 187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post

(just had to get it out the way!)
    See I personally think Mike needs to shut the fuck up and stop telling the truth....because it hurts.

(Just had to get it out of the way before somebody else said it )
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

10.24.16 @ 08:28 AM
    Liked 851 Times in 526 Posts

I'm glad that Mike is enjoying his time with this band.

The music rocks and it's giving Rock and Roll a good kick in the ass these days!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?