Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: 6505 1x12 Combo

Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Liked 724 Times in 341 Posts

Default 6505 1x12 Combo

Has anyone tried the 6505+ 1x12 combo from Peavey yet? I was cruising through their site, and saw this addition to the 6505 lineup. It features 2 channels, with independent eq , presence, and resonance for each channel. Also includes a foot-switchable crunch button. Didn't notice a "bright" switch though. Comes with reverb. It's a 60 watt combo.

My questions are:

Is the speaker that they use the same or very close to the Sheffield's that were in the 5150?

Is the 1x12 combo an open or closed back unit?
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Last Online

here's a pic:

"Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 03:14 PM
    Liked 82 Times in 38 Posts

I'm not sure about the speakers, but I've heard it will be closed-back, and made in China.

Also, the logo will light up.

I'll probably stick w/my 5150 combo.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.07.12 @ 06:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This info was taken from the Peavey forums, posted by a Peavey dealer named Peavey-Nate:

The 6505+ 112 combo is indeed a product manufactured in China. Peavey was the first to mass produce a full line of tube amps in China, and there was very little problems with quality in those amps (Valve Kings), so I would not be scared of Peavey brining the huge sound of the 6505 to a really amazing price point! All design and product development was done in the USA.

The retail price of the amp ($719.99) puts it right between a Valve King 112 ($609.99) and a Valve King 212 ($849.99), so I don't think it is too steep.

This is a 60 watt amp, where as the VK112 is only 50. 5 pre amp tubes compared to 3 in the VK... So you can see some of the added value.

There is also an integrated microphone simulating DI box built into the amp... so just plug in your XLR and the sound guy loves you.

This amp is also a closed back combo.

Did I mention the logo lights up?

I think you will like.

Hope that clears up any confusion. All other products that carry the 6505 name are currently built in the great state of Mississippi.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

It is just sad how such a pro-American company has succummed to the temptation of building in the Far East...

BTW, wasn't the Wolfgang EXP the first or one of the first products they had built outside of the US???
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post
    It is just sad how such a pro-American company has succummed to the temptation of building in the Far East...

BTW, wasn't the Wolfgang EXP the first or one of the first products they had built outside of the US???
    it's sad..but that's the American way no?...make it cheaper and sell for the same price. Seriously, they would make this amp in the US, and it might cost say, 350$ to make...so profit is very average...get it made in china, for almost the same quality..and pay 50$ an amp!...that's is WHY China is becomming the next world power..simple math.

Last Online

Unfortunately, given the current economic climate, in order for business to compete globally (or nationally for that matter), they must seek efficiencies that will allow them to maximize their profit to their shareholders. For most people, when they look at their 401K, they care less and less about where the companies that they are invested in produce their profit.

It's easy to blame big business, or government policy for this, but the truth is that it's really our fault. It's what the American consumer chooses to buy that has the most impact. I remember when I was a kid, people used to look for "the union label". It's our purchasing habits that dictate where products come from. There isn't any protectionist trade policy, or restrictive legislation on businesses that will change it. It's all up to us. We as consumers must decide that we are willing to pay more for our goods, so that American workers can benefit from our hard-earned money, as opposed to a nation that does not have our best interest at heart.

Rant terminated. Sorry I got off topic there.

Probably won't end up getting one of these 1x12 combos.
    Last edited by nobozos; 06.27.09 at 10:26 AM.