Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

North Korea needs to chill !!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_koreas_nuclear

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea threatened Wednesday to wipe the United States off the map as Washington and its allies watched for signs the regime will launch a series of missiles in the coming days.

Off China's coast, a U.S. destroyer was tailing a North Korean ship suspected of transporting illicit weapons to Myanmar in what could be the first test of U.N. sanctions passed to punish the nation for an underground nuclear test last month.

The Kang Nam left the North Korean port of Nampo a week ago with the USS John S. McCain close behind. The ship, accused of transporting banned goods in the past, is believed bound for Myanmar, according to South Korean and U.S. officials.

The new U.N. Security Council resolution requires member states to seek permission to inspect suspicious cargo. North Korea has said it would consider interception a declaration of war and on Wednesday accused the U.S. of seeking to provoke another Korean War.

"If the U.S. imperialists start another war, the army and people of Korea will ... wipe out the aggressors on the globe once and for all," the official Korean Central News Agency said.

The warning came on the eve of the 59th anniversary of the start of the three-year Korean War, which ended in a truce in 1953, not a peace treaty, leaving the peninsula in state of war.

The U.S. has 28,500 troops in South Korea to protect against an outbreak of hostilities.

Tensions have been high since North Korea launched a long-range rocket in April and then conducted its second underground atomic test on May 25.

Reacting to U.N. condemnation of that test, North Korea walked away from nuclear disarmament talks and warned it would fire a long-range missile.

North Korea has banned ships from the waters off its east coast starting Thursday through July 10 for military exercises, Japan's Coast Guard said.

South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported Wednesday that the North may fire a Scud missile with a range of up to 310 miles (500 kilometers) or a short-range ground-to-ship missile with a range of 100 miles (160 kilometers) during the no-sail period.

A senior South Korean government official said the no-sail ban is believed connected to North Korean plans to fire short- or mid-range missiles. He spoke on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

U.S. defense and counterproliferation officials in Washington said they also expected the North to launch short- to medium-range missiles. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence.

South Korea will expedite the introduction of high-tech unmanned aerial surveillance systems and "bunker-buster" bombs in response to North Korea's provocations, the Chosun Ilbo newspaper said, citing unidentified ruling party members.

Meanwhile, a flurry of diplomatic efforts were under way to try getting North Korea to return to disarmament talks.

Russia's top nuclear envoy, Alexei Borodavkin, said after meeting with his South Korean counterpart that Moscow is open to other formats for discussion since Pyongyang has pulled out of formal six-nation negotiations.

In Beijing, top U.S. and Chinese defense officials also discussed North Korea. U.S. Defense Undersecretary Michele Flournoy was heading next to Tokyo and Seoul for talks.

South Korea has proposed high-level "consultations" to discuss North Korea with the U.S., Russia, China and Japan.

___

Associated Press writers Jae-soon Chang in Seoul; Pauline Jelinek, Pamela Hess and Lolita Baldor in Washington and Min Lee in Hong Kong contributed to this report.
    Last edited by dirtymovies; 06.24.09 at 08:07 AM. Reason: good

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

So, it's what, the USS George Washington that's based over in Japan, right?
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Last Online

Donor

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Not the one tailing it, the carrier (and it's associated task group) that is based in Japanese waters.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

someone needs to show kim jong il some photos of hiroshima and nagasaki and tell him he may want to reconsider his choice of words.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

While I do agree that North Korea needs to chill the fuck out, I have no doubt in my mind that with a little air supremacy, naval blockade and the help of South Korea and Japan...North korea would have no choice but to shut the fuck up.

In all seriousness, im not condoning ANY kind of war between us and korea but the facts are there. North Korea is bat shit crazy and has an itchy trigger finger on their nuculear missiles and claims that it will wipe the US out of existance. But on the flip side, the US has the superior military, technology, resources and allies on its side. If there was to be a war, it would almost be no contest and god willing, diplomacy would resume.

One of the reasons I say that it would not be a contest is simple. We could send a couple of our carrier divisions to the outside of their coast to blockade any outgoing weapons. Next, we send over a couple squadrons of F-22's and F-15E's to achieve complete and total air supremacy over North Korean airspace. And if (god forbid) the north launches nukes at us, we now have frickin laser beams attached to the noses of 747's that can destroy nuclear missles long before they reach south korea, japan or us.

Again, im not condoing, supporting or encouraging any kind of war with north korea. All im saying is that IF there was to be a war, the odds would be in our favor.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Kim Jong Il is like the child who misbehaves because he doesn't care whether he gets good attention or bad attention, just so long as people pay attention to him.
    The previous administration's act of promoting North Korea as part of the Axis of Evil no doubt made Kim very happy. It made him seem like a dangerous character instead of the grandiose, semi-literate schizophrenic he is.

Since the new administration has taken over, Kim has done everything to get attention except stand on his head and wiggle his ears. So far, Obama's not biting and I hope he doesn't. Unless we are prepared do do an Iraqi-style regime change, I think we should just ignore the misbehaving child.

The really disgusting thing to me is that if we withhold humanitarian aid to North Korea, Kim won't care. He'll just let the people starve to death. The average North Korean is already four inches shorter than the average South Korean due do generations of malnutrition.

I wish we didn't have to keep sending tons of food to that retarded bastard. It's certainly the moral thing to do--people shouldn't starve to death just because their leader is a dumbass--but I just hate dealing with him.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Cant we just send Jack Bauer over there to remove the nukes and make Kim stand in the corner?
    Jeez, Barack, do I have to think of EVERYTHING?
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTheEdHead View Post
    Cant we just send Jack Bauer over there to remove the nukes and make Kim stand in the corner?
    Jeez, Barack, do I have to think of EVERYTHING?
    I know. He never replies to any of my emails either.
    Next time try a death threat. That way you at least get to talk to the Secret Service.

Don't read this.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I agree with a lot of what Bullwinkle has to say, especially when it comes to humanitarian aid, which hopefully is making it to the people of North Korea. My biggest concern is whether Kim himself is still calling all the shots. I mean, really, other than what appear to be doctored pictures of the guy, there's been less seen of him than a new VH album. Is the military in control? If so, that may be worse than having Kim himself in control, as we may be making inappropriate assumptions about what is going on inside the country.

Then comes Kim himself, which, if he is still in control and does like the attention, begs the question of, how much more sabre rattling is he willing to do in order to get that attention? Is he willing to take it beyond sabre rattling? The guy seems like a child to me, we may know what he's done in the past, but what's to say he won't push beyond that to 'test his limits'?

My last question mark in all of this is China. If Kim (or NK) push a bad position against the US and it bodes poorly for NK, what will China do? Do they jump into it?

To my mind, there are simply too many questions about NK and the whole situation that make me more than a bit unsure about what is going on and what will happen next. Hopefully NK will go back to sleep and stop all this BS, but I have a feeling that the sleeper has awakened.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Here's a really good documentary on N.K. Welcome to North Korea:

It's almost an hour long, but worth watching.

Don't read this.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Not the one tailing it, the carrier (and it's associated task group) that is based in Japanese waters.
    Ahh, sorry, amigo.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by sisca View Post
    someone needs to show kim jong il some photos of hiroshima and nagasaki and tell him he may want to reconsider his choice of words.
    right?

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    I agree with a lot of what Bullwinkle has to say, especially when it comes to humanitarian aid, which hopefully is making it to the people of North Korea. My biggest concern is whether Kim himself is still calling all the shots. I mean, really, other than what appear to be doctored pictures of the guy, there's been less seen of him than a new VH album. Is the military in control? If so, that may be worse than having Kim himself in control, as we may be making inappropriate assumptions about what is going on inside the country.

Then comes Kim himself, which, if he is still in control and does like the attention, begs the question of, how much more sabre rattling is he willing to do in order to get that attention? Is he willing to take it beyond sabre rattling? The guy seems like a child to me, we may know what he's done in the past, but what's to say he won't push beyond that to 'test his limits'?

My last question mark in all of this is China. If Kim (or NK) push a bad position against the US and it bodes poorly for NK, what will China do? Do they jump into it?

To my mind, there are simply too many questions about NK and the whole situation that make me more than a bit unsure about what is going on and what will happen next. Hopefully NK will go back to sleep and stop all this BS, but I have a feeling that the sleeper has awakened.
    Great points, and well-said...also, I applaud you guys for knowing and caring so much about this potentially catastrophic situation!
    Last edited by dirtymovies; 06.24.09 at 12:34 PM. Reason: peace

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

North Korea doesn't need to chill, they need to get HOT!
    To our friends in South Korea I suggest you start heading more south.

'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.