Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

05.14.12 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Official release date for GH/VH

http://www.vhnd.com/2009/06/23/guita...n-novdec-2009/

So far all the rumours have been pretty accurate with GH/VH and I was looking forward to the supposed Aug/09 date. When I read some of the reviews I wondered if they (VH and GH) secretly put a feeler out for reactions to the content and now that there is clearly some disapointment they pushed the actual/official release date 3-4 months down the road to make changes. Is this wishful thinking?
    -"There's a little bit of VH in everyone"- AVH

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:32 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

I wonder it it'll come with a striped frankie ? And how do we tap on it ? The preview video clearly showed Eddie tapping so one would assume we'd get to recreate that technique too; especially given Ed being known for it in such a big way.

Anyone know anything about the above ?

Ed
    Does the noise in my head bother you ?

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

Hm. Games are often delayed.

Well it would be cool if they could add Mike at least. I wouldn't wager on it.
    I do think it may be more closely timed to a new VH cd release though and that some new VH tunes will become available as downloadable content..using the game to not only make money from VH's legacy but also promote the bands new music and even their tour. Maybe thats wishful thinking too but if they are working on new music soon I think it's a reasonable assumption. GH is a power medium at the moment to reach a new young demographic.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Makes perfect sense, bring it out when the Christmas/Holiday shopping season is in full swing. Besides, that August date was just being tossed out there, Activision said "late" 2009, which generally means the final quarter.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 2,229 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ed View Post
    I wonder it it'll come with a striped frankie ? And how do we tap on it ? The preview video clearly showed Eddie tapping so one would assume we'd get to recreate that technique too; especially given Ed being known for it in such a big way.

Anyone know anything about the above ?

Ed
    Well the newest controller that came with Guitar Hero 4 has touch sensitive pads further up on the neck that allowed you to do two handed hammer-ons. If they put out a striped Franky with the game, I would assume they would use the latest version of the guitar with it.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 2,229 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

Yeah the release coincides with the Christmas holiday. That's when the money is made. On the other hand, that could mean its a stinker and they are just hoping parents will buy it before the reviews start pouring in. However, that's extremely unlikely as even if they ported Guitar Hero 2 with VH skins/songs, it would still be a fun game.

It's too late the make significant changes. Anything at this point is just polishing animations, getting rid of bugs, etc.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post
    Hm. Games are often delayed.

Well it would be cool if they could add Mike at least.
    That would be ESSENTIAL for me to even consider purchasing it.
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Excellent...having MILLIONS of kids playing Eruption (especially the end tapping portion), thinking they're the shit, on a REAL guitar wasn't enough.

Now we're going to have kids who feel fuckin' special because they can play Eruption and Spanish Fly in GH.

Fuckin A this is going to be GREAT!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    Excellent...having MILLIONS of kids playing Eruption (especially the end tapping portion), thinking they're the shit, on a REAL guitar wasn't enough.

Now we're going to have kids who feel fuckin' special because they can play Eruption and Spanish Fly in GH.

Ya know, sometimes you gotta look at the flip side of the coin when it comes to this stuff. I have a friend down in South Florida who's wife works exclusively with special needs children (autistic, Down's, etc)....care to guess what draws them out of their shell a lot? Yep, music. These children may never actually have the ability to play a real instrument, but they enjoy RB and GH. Sure, they fail a lot, but they are interacting with the game and each other to a much larger degree than they do with just about anything else. What is crap to you and me may be just the ticket for someone else.

On a related note, I sent my friend a copy of the boot from the Jax 2008 show and his wife was listening to it playing in the background....1984/Jump was just coming on and she told him that the kids would love it. Fortunately, there's no cursing by Dave in the two tracks and he called up to see if I could edit the two songs together.....last I heard, it was still one of the favorite songs for those kids. Heck, I could throw the tracks away, but visualizing those boys and girls listening to the tracks and it brightening their day brightens mine as well.

Once again, what is crap to others may be just the ticket for somone else.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post

never really quite got this notion. Why do you feel this way?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    never really quite got this notion. Why do you feel this way?
    I am just going to be tired of hearing kids say that they can play Eruption on a fucking video game and that they own at playing Spanish Fly. There are kids out there that play GH and think that they can play GUITAR in real life. You KNOW there are LOADS of kids like this.

I could go on but MAB and Guitar World pretty much sum my thoughts up quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Ya know, sometimes you gotta look at the flip side of the coin when it comes to this stuff. I have a friend down in South Florida who's wife works exclusively with special needs children (autistic, Down's, etc)....care to guess what draws them out of their shell a lot? Yep, music. These children may never actually have the ability to play a real instrument, but they enjoy RB and GH. Sure, they fail a lot, but they are interacting with the game and each other to a much larger degree than they do with just about anything else. What is crap to you and me may be just the ticket for someone else.
    I wasn't talking about special needs kids, though. Obviously, if they can't play a real guitar than playing GH is great for them. And that is GREAT to hear. I'm not saying that these games are good in many ways but I'm just tired of seeing video after video of kids playing songs....on GUITAR HERO.

I don't care if you can play YYZ on Expert. Play it on 6 strings or on 4 strings or on a kit then talk to me. It's no different than people who play car racing games and think that they will be good drivers in real life.
    Last edited by MF5150; 06.24.09 at 03:52 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE=EvH_316_5150;1158836]I am just going to be tired of hearing kids say that they can play Eruption on a fucking video game and that they own at playing Spanish Fly. There are kids out there that play GH and think that they can play GUITAR in real life. You KNOW there are LOADS of kids like this.

I could go on but MAB and Guitar World pretty much sum my thoughts up quite nicely.

I hear this sort of thing from "musicians" all the time. This resentment, this anger towards kids that play guitar hero. Yet, I've never once heard any hunter react the same way to "duck hunt." i've never once heard a cop react this way to "Resident Evil." I've never once heard skateboarders reach this way to "Tony Hawk" games.

Seriously now...what is it about guitar hero/rock band that offends you?

What do you care if some kid thinks he can "play guitar" just because he's mastered guitar hero?

And honestly, I've never, ever, ever, heard a single person even imply that mastering guitar hero comes anywhere close to being able to play real guitar.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

I agree with you Broken. You post a lot of stuff that seems to mirror my thoughts. The duck hunt example is a good one.

I don't get the resentment for a video game. It's just a game. If a kid or an adult, especially an adult is going to seriously think they are hot shit because of what they can do on Guitar hero then simply put it's sad and laughable.

I think it's no different for real guitar players actually. Confidence and enthusiasm is one thing. Those are positive traits. Egotistical people are wearing thin armor over their insecure and fragile self esteem.

So in both cases you consider the source. You should feel more bad for them then irritated.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

More often than not, the animosity and ridicule thrown at guitar hero geeks come from very insecure "musicians" with very fragile egos. They kind of remind me of the uber macho homophobes back in high school gym class.

These guys are so obsessed with the fact that guitar hero somehow makes light of or somehow diminishes whatever accomplishments, effort or struggle they've invested in playing guitar.

Ahhh musicians...such a unique breed they are...so paranoid, so fragile, so needy and yet they mask it all with arrogance, self righteousness and their pathetic attempts to achieve some odd level of superiority...the whole time trying so desperately to come off as aloof and totally spontaneous...like they don't really thrive on attention and any shred of praise they can get from anyone.

Their defense mechanism is acting like, and trying to convince the world that, they don't have or even need a defense mechanism.

Again, find me a hunter that feels duck hunt has created a generation of people who think they are real marksmen.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 6,832 Times in 3,574 Posts

Premium Member