Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

EMT vs Cop... Anyone seen this yet?

I saw this on the Today Show this morning, totally insane.... I'm not one to cry RACISM, but WOW... This is so, so, close to it to me...

-------------------------------------------------

An Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper and a paramedic were caught on tape scuffling Sunday while a patient was being taken to the hospital.

The fight happened on Highway 62, near Paden, after a OHP and first responders argued over a close call on the road.

OHP alleges that one of the paramedics on the video assaulted the trooper, but the assault was not caught on tape.

"We're like trying to tell the guy, Dude, my mom is in the back,' and my stepdad was like, My wife is in the back. Can we do this at the hospital?'" said Kenyada Davis.

Dashboard Cam
    http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video0...526681,00.html

Full Dashboard Cam

OKLAHOMA CITY — The paramedic who scuffled with an Oklahoma highway police officer while a patient waited inside the ambulance says the trooper should lose his badge.

Maurice White Jr. said Tuesday on the CBS "Early Show" that trooper Daniel Martin was in a state of rage when he stopped his ambulance and totally disregarded the patient's safety.

Martin stopped the ambulance May 24 for failing to yield.

White says he got out of the ambulance to tell the trooper they were taking a patient to the hospital. The argument quickly escalated into a scuffle and Martin put White in a choke hold.

Martin's attorney says the trooper either didn't hear that there was a patient in the ambulance or it didn't register. He says White failed to comply with the trooper's orders.
    Last edited by voivod; 06.16.09 at 03:56 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You can find more about this on the internet. The officer just returned from Iraq, and I guess he's still wired tight.

His department isn't planning anything serious, at least not yet.

Need to get him behind a desk for a while.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I caught a bit about this yesterday, and the facts and proof seem to line up more with the EMT than the trooper.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Last Online

03.01.11 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ooh this has the potential to be a real serious deal.

Questions:

was the guy in the black t-shirt an EMT or just the one in red?

I heard one of them say they were trying to take my mamma to the hospital.
    Was that the EMT talking or was the the guy in the black T shirt?

was this a legitimate ambulance call or were these guys buddies taking moms to the hospital for a non-emergency because, with one of them being an EMT, he could get her in despite not having a serious ailment?

Were they driving with the lights on?

The link that had the dashboard cam didn't load up so I haven't seen the whole thing.

Judging by the cel phone cam, wow...this doesn't look good AT ALL!! That cop was acting crazy and the EMT seemed to simply be in reaction mode.

If these guys were seriously taking someone to the hospital under emergency circumstances and following their protocol, it's hard to see it as anything other than some crazy, possibly racist cop going nuts.

Good thing that guy in black seemed to difuse the situation, as the video ended the cop even patted him on the back. This had the potential to be a whole new rodney king deal except this time instead of beating up some drunk and high freak, they're beating down a freaking EMT and some guy trying to drive an old lady to the hospital.

EDIT: DAMN IT!! I didn't realize The Wife was logged in. This isn't her...it's me, Broken9500. sorry
    Last edited by lacy_vious; 06.16.09 at 04:25 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    You can find more about this on the internet. The officer just returned from Iraq, and I guess he's still wired tight.
    shouldn't he be 'winding down' or something?

i know if it was me, i'd be needing time to relax and calm down before going back to being a cop.
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you don’t have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Don’t forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lacy_vious View Post
    EDIT: DAMN IT!! I didn't realize The Wife was logged in. This isn't her...it's me, Broken9500. sorry
    Now we probably know where the <HH------------- and <TST----------- thing probably originated.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

I don't think the ambulance had its lights on or anything like that. I would assume it wasn't some major medical issue. Still though if you are getting transported to a hospital in an ambulance it isn't b/c you enjoy riding in the back of a vehicle-it has to be for some serious reason. How hard would it have been for the officer to note the ambulance number and then take it up after the patient had been dropped off? There are several stories where the cops get all gung-ho and arrest someone as there is a life and death situation going on (i.e. the football player who's MIL passed away recently). Unfortunately in this day and age, we see more of this on the news than the good work most of the cops actually do out there on a daily basis.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:02 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Yeah, I saw this..............it really sucks for the EMS crew on the ambulance. I'm just glad that the Police and the Fire/EMS divisions here all get along. We depend on them just as much as they depend on us.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Now we probably know where the <HH------------- and <TST----------- thing probably originated.
    Nah, I own and have patent pending on any use of, "<----------------". I created this and will sue anyone who uses it, without the consent or written permission of HHTST INC. Shit, if E.L.V.H. INC. can do it, so can I.

<--------------®------- is a registered trademark of HHTST Inc.

HH<----Ya know what, thinking about suing myself-----------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:42 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Seems plain as day. That cop is a dick, returning from Iraq or not he is unstable and a dick and probably shouldn't be behind the wheel of a police cruiser.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by csm5150 View Post
    I don't think the ambulance had its lights on or anything like that. I would assume it wasn't some major medical issue. Still though if you are getting transported to a hospital in an ambulance it isn't b/c you enjoy riding in the back of a vehicle-it has to be for some serious reason. How hard would it have been for the officer to note the ambulance number and then take it up after the patient had been dropped off? There are several stories where the cops get all gung-ho and arrest someone as there is a life and death situation going on (i.e. the football player who's MIL passed away recently). Unfortunately in this day and age, we see more of this on the news than the good work most of the cops actually do out there on a daily basis.
    Hey there are people with no insurance who catch cold but have a "hook up" because they have a cousin or a son or a friend who is an EMT who can put 'em in the ambulance and take them to the hospital and get them brought in through the back door instead of them having to wait in some clinic or at the ER for hours.

Not that this would have excused the cop by any means at all because he would have had no way of knowing when he pulled them over...but the fact that the lights weren't on is at least curious to me.

Some of the folks I've known and lived around these past few years would absolutely drive you out of your mind with the way they live their lives from one scam to the next.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:42 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

I work near a convalescent home and when they are transferring patients between the home and the Hospital they don't turn their lights on. My mother has even been taken in by an ambulance due to trouble breathing and lights and sirens weren't used. Like you said the cop had no way of knowing that. Once he did learn that there was a patient in the back he should have had the self control to put himself in check and let them carry on.
    Last edited by sickman; 06.17.09 at 06:42 AM.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

WOW!! The dashboard cam video finally loaded up for me. That cop is a lunatic!!!!! My god.

We can make whatever excuses we want to in hopes of explaining or even defending him or his actions but the bottom line is that guy needs to be planted behind a desk and be doing some serious therapy.

This is EXACTLY what i'm talking about when I bring up issues with police. Guys like this are a DANGER to the rest of us. Plain and simple. Just because he has a badge doesnt mean he's a good, sane, even tempered, altruistic soul out there protecting us.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post

WOW!! The dashboard cam video finally loaded up for me. That cop is a lunatic!!!!! My god.

We can make whatever excuses we want to in hopes of explaining or even defending him or his actions but the bottom line is that guy needs to be planted behind a desk and be doing some serious therapy.

This is EXACTLY what i'm talking about when I bring up issues with police. Guys like this are a DANGER to the rest of us. Plain and simple. Just because he has a badge doesnt mean he's a good, sane, even tempered, altruistic soul out there protecting us.
    And yet you were ok with a cop tasering a 72 year old granny?

LV

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Read through that thread. I was ANYTHING but ok with it...and even in our offline conversations I was pretty straight that cops shouldn't be tasing anyone.
    Last edited by broken9500; 06.17.09 at 07:33 AM.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    Read through that thread. I was ANYTHING but ok with it...and even in our offline conversations I was pretty straight that cops shouldn't be tasing anyone.
    You may have been not ok with that on here, but I recall you telling me the woman deserved it!

LV