Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

WTF!!!! Guy rapes 4-year-old, gets 1 year in jail

An admitted child rapist in Oklahoma has been sentenced to one year in prison for molesting a 4-year-old girl. 19 years of 20 year sentence was suspended. Prosecutors felt they'd lose case.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...e.sentence.cnn

------------------

David Earls Gets 1 Year in Prison for Rape of 4 Yr Old
    Atlanta, GA 6/16/2009

An Oklahoma man will only serve 1 year in prison for the rape of a 4-year-old girl. David Earls was sentenced to 20 years in prison but Judge Thomas Bartheld suspended 19 years as part of a plea bargain agreement.

“Some people think I could have given a different sentence, and I couldn’t,” says Bartheld. “In any plea bargain, where there is a negotiated plea, the court can’t change it.”

Earls, 64, was arrested after the girl told her grandmother about being raped. Earls admitted to raping and sodomizing the girl over the course of 4 months.

Mom shows compassion!?!?!?!?!
    http://snackfeed.com/videos/detail/e...ompassion?_s=s

-----------------

June 14, 2009
    Oklahoma (ChattahBox) – A District Judge Tom Bartheld may be forced to step down from his position as an officer of the court, after he sentences a man who admitted to raping and sodomizing a four year old girl over several months to only one year in jail.

The one year sentence (which includes time served, which will bump it down to three months), was a show of gross negligence in the case. While Oklahoma attorney general Drew Edmondson is still gathering facts to the chagrin of many, two state legislators Mike Ritze and Mike Reynolds have filed a bill that, if passed by the House of Representatives, would ask a state court to remove the judge from office, and have his sentence turned for a harsher punishment. By the way, not sure why the district attorney who agreed to the plea bargain is also not under fire.

64-year-old David Earls admitted to raping the four year old girl over the course of four months, including sodomy. It is also suspected that he may have raped and abused her five year old brother. He was arrested after the children told their grandmother, the Pryor Daily Times reports. Bartheld dismissed the charge against the five year old brother, during Earls’ May 13 sentencing, “based upon the recommendation of the district attorney,” according to court records. Though Earls gave a full confession, and there was overwhelming evidence to the charges, District Judge Tom Bartheld and District Attorney Jim Bob Miller felt that a year served of a 2o month sentence was enough, and sent him on his way.

“What I know about the case at this point in time is that I was very disturbed by reports of the sentence in that case,” Attorney General Drew Edmondson who is making a run at govenor was quoted as saying by the Pryor Daily Times. Edmondson said said he will receive a report from the lawyers in his office “in due course,” before deciding if he will take action. Truthfully as an outsider looking in it appears like the two state reps. have raised the heat on Edmonson who is now trying to save face without ruining his political ambitions. Let’s hope politics doesn’t get in the way of punishing vile criminals and judges and district attorney’s that for whatever reason have failed to protect our children.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

wow...seems like the judge's hands were tied from the second the district attorney and the defense attorney agreed to the plea bargain. I'm having a hard time understanding why the judge is the only one on the hot seat.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Seems to me Jim Bob dropped the ball on this one. Not sure why he's not on the hot seat.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Unbelievable.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    wow...seems like the judge's hands were tied from the second the district attorney and the defense attorney agreed to the plea bargain. I'm having a hard time understanding why the judge is the only one on the hot seat.
    Not sure about OK, but I know that here in Clark County, NV, the lawyers can make whatever deal they want. But at the end of the day, the judge can do whatever he or she wants. They do most always go with the deal though.

It'd be nice in a case like this to have a judge say "Are you kidding me? If you can't prove this case, why are you wasting everyone's time? And if you can prove it, then I won't approve this deal. Try your case, bitches."
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    Not sure about OK, but I know that here in Clark County, NV, the lawyers can make whatever deal they want. But at the end of the day, the judge can do whatever he or she wants. They do most always go with the deal though.

It'd be nice in a case like this to have a judge say "Are you kidding me? If you can't prove this case, why are you wasting everyone's time? And if you can prove it, then I won't approve this deal. Try your case, bitches."
    I honestly don't know how it works, I'm sure it's a state to state thing. I have seen on Law and Order judges tell the lawyers, "hey, I'm not going to approve this!" Does that count as legal knowledge or experience?

I think that's kind of like "online protesting." If you don't actually get out of the house and do something, do you really do it?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    I have seen on Law and Order judges tell the lawyers, "hey, I'm not going to approve this!" Does that count as legal knowledge or experience?
    My CSI experience didn't work too well when our old house was broken into.

And in reference to the topic at hand... I know of a guy who is serving 99 years in Texas for molesting a 4 year old. He and his family were expecting probation to be the punishment. I told them that there was no way he would go with out jail time. I didn't think he would get 99 years, but I never knew the whole story either.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Speechless.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's just hope Bubba makes this duche drop the soap, make him pick it up and Bubba gets his share.

“Some people think I could have given a different sentence, and I couldn’t,” says Bartheld. “In any plea bargain, where there is a negotiated plea, the court can’t change it.”
    and i thought it could be changed.

The one year sentence (which includes time served, which will bump it down to three months)
    including the 9 months the guy served already? so, this jack off gets 3 months for raping a 4 year old?
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you don’t have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Don’t forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:34 AM
    Liked 6,691 Times in 3,711 Posts

I don't think I understand your legal system. You'd think that raping a 4 year old would be a serious offence.

Michael Vick goes to jail for over a year for killing dogs, Donte Stallworth kills a human and gets 30 days. I don't understand.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I don't think I understand your legal system. You'd think that raping a 4 year old would be a serious offence.

Michael Vick goes to jail for over a year for killing dogs, Donte Stallworth kills a human and gets 30 days. I don't understand.
    I don't even understand our legal system.
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you don’t have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Don’t forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:22 AM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Can't they just let people take turns driving nails into his skull?

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

The fact that Vick got jail time for killing dogs isn't a bad thing. He deserved MORE time in prison for what he did.

But how anybody could propose a plea bargain (taking of 19 years off a 20 year sentence) such as this one is DISGUSTING.

I don't understand it either.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:34 AM
    Liked 6,691 Times in 3,711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    The fact that Vick got jail time for killing dogs isn't a bad thing. He deserved MORE time in prison for what he did.

But how anybody could propose a plea bargain (taking of 19 years off a 20 year sentence) such as this one is DISGUSTING.

I don't understand it either.
    vick deserved jail time indeed, just don't get how this crime gets less time. and how donte stallworth just got 30 days for killing someone while driving drunk.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

vick deserved jail time indeed, just don't get how this crime gets less time. and how donte stallworth just got 30 days for killing someone while driving drunk.
    different lawyers bargaining out different pleas etc.

As much sense as it might make to have some menu somewhere that says "crime A = sentence 1; crime B = sentence 2" it just doesn't work that way. Basically lawyers start bargaining and they see what they can come up with. Our legal system is no different than any other setting where negotations dictate a given resolution. It's simply pointless to point to one case and say "how come that guy got more of a penalty than this guy!?"

That being said, this plea bargaining is just ludicrous.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.